FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1211769-amex-personal-platinum-100k-mr-point-sign-up-bonus.html)

funkbox May 5, 2011 1:16 pm

guess i will attempt this AGAIN when i'm off work. thank you for the updates, amiras

kethee May 5, 2011 1:31 pm

I signed up for platinum in March for the 50K (never had one before). I emailed MR about the 100K and they said it was a targeted offer and I shouldn't have even gotten the 50K since I applied for the Plat through an existing account vs a new application, but she let me have the 50K as a courtesy. I will try calling next...

Ok - I just called, and they said Offer ID: 3882 was only valid for until 2/17

snuggliestbear May 5, 2011 1:49 pm

I just called this afternoon and already have the additional 50K! For reference, I signed up for the card in the beginning of March and I have never had a Platinum or Gold card. I was sent to the MR line, and then asked nicely: "I read that there was an offer for 100k points available around the same time that I signed up for the 50k offer and I was wondering if I could get the additional 50k credited to my account? The offer code was 3882." After 1 hold he said I may be eligible, but said he needed authorization. After the second hold he said I was given the points! ^ Thanks OP!

akcae May 5, 2011 2:27 pm

Emailed MR via secure message yesterday around 6pm and got a confirmation email and that I should receive a response within 10hrs. Going on 24hrs now and still no answer... Not sure if I should press my luck and call?

sjpd May 5, 2011 2:29 pm

I sent a secure message and got this back...

Dear sjpd,

I sincerely apologize for the significant delay in responding to your email due to unusually high volume of inquiries.

I am a manager in the Email Servicing Department and can appreciate your interest in the offer associated with the Platinum Card.

Regrettably we are unable to extend the new offer to you as this offer is only for solicited non-Cardmembers. Please understand that not all offers can be honored for all Cardholders as they may have applicable terms and conditions that do not apply as such.

The 3882 offer mentioned was sent to non-Cardholders only; since you already have other cards with American Express you weren't included in this group. For this reason we are unable to honor your request.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.
Sincerely, XXXX
Is this worth a call? Before the Platinum I had (still have) a gold card and a Delta SM Amex. Any tips on what to say?

PDX1130 May 5, 2011 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by sjpd (Post 16334735)

Is this worth a call? Before the Platinum I had (still have) a gold card and a Delta SM Amex. Any tips on what to say?

I have had the DL Platinum for two years prior. Use what I said in my prior post.

snuggliestbear May 5, 2011 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by sjpd (Post 16334735)

Before the Plat card, I had a HHonors, SPG, Blue for Students, and had just signed up for the Delta card. I would call AMEX. Anecdotally, it seems like the people who are calling (myself included) are having greater success (and faster responses!).

HighInTheSky777 May 5, 2011 4:10 pm

Always take a shot and try to get them to match current programs.

HighInTheSky777 May 5, 2011 4:11 pm

I got them to send me 50k also.

Liar May 5, 2011 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by akcae (Post 16334723)
Emailed MR via secure message yesterday around 6pm and got a confirmation email and that I should receive a response within 10hrs. Going on 24hrs now and still no answer... Not sure if I should press my luck and call?

I am in the same boat...

greg47 May 5, 2011 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by HighInTheSky777 (Post 16335280)
I got them to send me 50k also.

Just got off the phone 5 mins ago and recieved the additional 50K.
After telling him about the 100k offer,he asked for an offer code.
I gave him the offer code # 3882.He talked to his supv.and then asked
if I was a first time AM/EX Plat card holder which I was.Back to the supv.
then back to me with me with the good news.

AM/EX Plat the card that just keeps on giving.:)

Averroes May 5, 2011 5:55 pm

Sheer brilliance! Worked for me via phone as well. Got the card in December. Took 9 minutes -- pretty solid return on the time.

Thanks all for the idea!

spidaman May 5, 2011 7:25 pm

No dice for me. I signed up for the Plat in February. Got the 50K then. I called tonight and asked as nicely as I could, but was told that I had "not been targeted--did you have a brochure or flyer?"

Doesn't hurt to ask, but didn't work for me.

funkbox May 5, 2011 8:22 pm

no luck. tried again and the rep said i applied late february and the cutoff was feb 17. wouldn't do it, altho he did spend a good amount of time looking thru other promos that i might be a candidate for. oh well.

infamousdx May 5, 2011 8:45 pm

No luck and I applied for the card on 4/29 or so... ah well.