Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 5:42 pm

Thanks for the bonus ID! Worked like a charm and I had the extra 50,000 points within a few hours of requesting. This puts me at $5,000 in monies from Amex/Delta in the past few months (I've been transferring points from AMEX to Delta, redeeming Amex gift cards at Delta, and cashing those out using Squareup). Delta has had some great 25-80% points bonuses!
Old May 3, 2011, 6:04 pm

sorry guys who pmed me i didnt know there was a limit to the pms i can send since im new so i cant respond to u guys
Old May 3, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by hytekjosh
Thanks for the bonus ID! Worked like a charm and I had the extra 50,000 points within a few hours of requesting. This puts me at $5,000 in monies from Amex/Delta in the past few months (I've been transferring points from AMEX to Delta, redeeming Amex gift cards at Delta, and cashing those out using Squareup). Delta has had some great 25-80% points bonuses!
What is Squareup?
Old May 3, 2011, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by monsrt
What is Squareup?
www.squareup.com
Old May 3, 2011, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by monsrt
What is Squareup?
Squareup is like a credit card processing terminal you can do from your phone. It just cashes out visa/mastercard/amex cards. The fee isn't outrageous, but it still puts a small dent in the earnings.

For those who cashed out over 10 $100 amex gift cards it becomes more of a convenience to pay a small fee to use it.

As far as contacting AMEX, which department did you guys contact?
Old May 3, 2011, 7:37 pm

I am curious, what exactly did you write to AMEX?

Just the following "I recd 50K points and now I found out that Amex was offering 100K points with bonus ID XXXX. Now I am not happy about it and wondering if you will be willing to give 50K extra points as they are offering to others"?
(Of course, I will writing more formally when I write to them)

In my family, 2 plat cards and 1 gold card were recently opened. If I can get extra bonus points for all the cards, then that will be really amazing!
Old May 3, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Send the request to the secure message system on Amex and send it to Social Media. I did this same thing in a similar situation. I redeemed 150,000 points for 3 nights of hotel certificates for my honeymoon. Just recently all the hotel certs went to 20% off so the same certs were 40,000pts. I emailed Amex and asked if they could make a one time exeption and credit me back the extra 30,000 points I paid and they agreed without a problem.

P.S. before anyone questions why I would redeem for hotel certs since they are typically bad redmeption here is the answer. I spoke to the hotel ahead of time and since it was our honeymoon they agreed to give us a guaranteed upgrade to a nice suite which would have cost us about $950 a night in BDA. Plus, weddings are not cheap, so anything to defray the overall costs helps! Used miles for the flights there also.

Good luck to those who try and get some extra points using the sign up bonus ID.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by millere2
Send the request to the secure message system on Amex and send it to Social Media. I did this same thing in a similar situation. I redeemed 150,000 points for 3 nights of hotel certificates for my honeymoon. Just recently all the hotel certs went to 20% off so the same certs were 40,000pts. I emailed Amex and asked if they could make a one time exeption and credit me back the extra 30,000 points I paid and they agreed without a problem.

P.S. before anyone questions why I would redeem for hotel certs since they are typically bad redmeption here is the answer. I spoke to the hotel ahead of time and since it was our honeymoon they agreed to give us a guaranteed upgrade to a nice suite which would have cost us about $950 a night in BDA. Plus, weddings are not cheap, so anything to defray the overall costs helps! Used miles for the flights there also.

Good luck to those who try and get some extra points using the sign up bonus ID.
Where are you staying in BDA? That is, if you don't mind me asking . Perhaps, I could make some recommendations of things to do. Perhaps, I may just stumble onto the island because I have the luxury of doing so and maybe buy you a beer as a cheers!
Old May 3, 2011, 11:52 pm

I believe when you signed up for the 50k you must have signed up prior to the 100k expiration date. If you signed up afterwards, I doubt they will give it anyway. ymmv.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by QSYH
I believe when you signed up for the 50k you must have signed up prior to the 100k expiration date. If you signed up afterwards, I doubt they will give it anyway. ymmv.
no true i have sent a msg to AMEX asking them for the 100 K points but since i upgraded to Platinum from Gold i was not eligible, if i apply for a new card and get approved i will dif get the bonus points.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by LoRDyRiCHie
no true i have sent a msg to AMEX asking them for the 100 K points but since i upgraded to Platinum from Gold i was not eligible, if i apply for a new card and get approved i will dif get the bonus points.
If you've upgraded to plat how can you apply for another? I don't think the biz plat have a 100k offer at the moment.

Anyway, I had my friend who signed up recently contact them and amex said they because he was approved after the expiration off of 100k he could not get the additional 50k.
Again, purely ymmv.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:56 am

worth a shot. thanks for the info!
Old May 4, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive

Anyone know what the expiration date of that 100K targeted offer is, or was? I just sent a secure message, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old May 4, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM
I gave it a shot and Amex politely declined. YMMV.
Old May 4, 2011, 2:12 pm

If you've upgraded to plat how can you apply for another? I don't think the biz plat have a 100k offer at the moment.

Anyway, I had my friend who signed up recently contact them and amex said they because he was approved after the expiration off of 100k he could not get the additional 50k.
Again, purely ymmv.
well i know it doesn't make any sense but that what the lady who answered my secured message to them. she said i'd have to apply for a new plat and then spend 1000$ in three months to get the 100k points. but since i upgraded ( not a new application) i am not eligble for the points and even if i was able to get those points i won't be able to get them before May 31. my intention is to get the 50% bonus from Delta and the MQM silver status , so i won't bother with this no more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.