Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can I merge two of my Amex MR accounts? [Corporate & Personal]

Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH DM

For several years now I've had an American Express Corporate Gold card and had a Membership Rewards account associated with that account. Just this week I received my first Amex Platinum card. When I log in to view my MR account, I see two separate accounts...one for my corporate card and one for my platinum card. Before I can view the details or shop I need to select which MR account I want to view.

Is there a way I can merge these two accounts together so that points I earn on both cards accumulate into one MR account?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:51 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH DM
Originally Posted by mia
Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?
Yes, I have been paying a $75/year fee for the corporate card.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by sbm12
I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.
Same here. In my one membership rewards account I have two personal cards, a business card and a corporate card. Merging them was a non-issue.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Often1
You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)
Is this done via phone? I have points on my Corporate Platinum Amex and I would like to combine the points I accumulated from my Amex Zync card. I read that maybe the Zync points aren't compatible with the other card points.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
Yes for a fee

Yes, you can merge corporate MR with personal MR. Only catch is you will end up paying another $75 for merging personal MR with corporate MR. So, essentially you would end up paying $150 per year ($75 for corporate MR + $75 for linking personal MR with corporate MR OR the other way round).

I ran into this situation a month ago. I called personal MR service line and ranted about it twice in two different calls and said it doesn't make sense to pay an additional $75 when I am already paying a personal card annual fee.
They gave me a $50 statement credit. So, I ended up paying $25 for linking my corporate MR with personal MR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.