FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Can I merge two of my Amex MR accounts? [Corporate & Personal] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1204393-can-i-merge-two-my-amex-mr-accounts-corporate-personal.html)

richardamp Apr 11, 2011 11:37 am

Can I merge two of my Amex MR accounts? [Corporate & Personal]

For several years now I've had an American Express Corporate Gold card and had a Membership Rewards account associated with that account. Just this week I received my first Amex Platinum card. When I log in to view my MR account, I see two separate accounts...one for my corporate card and one for my platinum card. Before I can view the details or shop I need to select which MR account I want to view.

Is there a way I can merge these two accounts together so that points I earn on both cards accumulate into one MR account?

mia Apr 11, 2011 11:51 am

Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?

richardamp Apr 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 16199035)
Are you already paying a fee for your Corporate card to participate in Membership Rewards?

Yes, I have been paying a $75/year fee for the corporate card.

sbm12 Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.

Often1 Apr 20, 2011 6:34 am

You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)

TommyC80 Apr 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16201921)
I merged mine when I had both and it saved me some cash on the corporate card's enrollment plus put everything into a single account. Call in and they should be able to handle it for you.

Same here. In my one membership rewards account I have two personal cards, a business card and a corporate card. Merging them was a non-issue.

jimikim Jul 21, 2011 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 16249804)
You can merege AMEX Rewards accounts for multiple cards issued by Amex. Same, for instance if you have BOA-issued AMEX. But, you cannot merge Rewards accounts between issues. Example: You have corporate & personal Amex issued by Amex: You can merge two Rewards accounts (or open one for both cards). You have corporate Amex-issued and personal BOA-issued: you cannot merge the two Rewards accounts or open one)

Is this done via phone? I have points on my Corporate Platinum Amex and I would like to combine the points I accumulated from my Amex Zync card. I read that maybe the Zync points aren't compatible with the other card points.

gates1580 Jul 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Yes for a fee

Yes, you can merge corporate MR with personal MR. Only catch is you will end up paying another $75 for merging personal MR with corporate MR. So, essentially you would end up paying $150 per year ($75 for corporate MR + $75 for linking personal MR with corporate MR OR the other way round).

I ran into this situation a month ago. I called personal MR service line and ranted about it twice in two different calls and said it doesn't make sense to pay an additional $75 when I am already paying a personal card annual fee.
They gave me a $50 statement credit. So, I ended up paying $25 for linking my corporate MR with personal MR.