Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
If this is true then this would be a CX marketing stunt rather than a benefit. A way to make people fly CX.
...and a costly one! Imagine the UK Cents using the BA lounges (Galleries First no less) all being billed back to CX. If it was lifetime, it could swing me to use CX on my Asia flights.

In any case, I've filled in the invite for Cent and sent it through last week. They told me it would take 3 weeks for a decision/approval (which seems odd as surely an invitation would mean they deem me worthy).
Old May 3, 2011, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
One must be a resident of the following to get the status:

-UK
-Australia
-Canada
-France
-Germany
-HK
-India
-Italy
-Japan
-Netherlands
-New Zealand
-Singapore
-Taiwan
-Thailand

The T&C confirm that this is a only a one time benefit, meaning Diamond Marco Polo status is given out for only one year then one must requality normally. If I were able to do that, I'd already be a CX Diamond.

This is a major disappointment. I thought Centurion was adding an actual benefit, but I'll add this to the list of useless benefits. A one time top tier status is something I can get for free with many airlines through a status match.

I know that I won't be able to meet Marco Polo's requalification since my travel pattern doesn't match their flight map, so I'm not even going to try. I'll keep giving my business to airlines that I have top tier status with.

If Diamond was given as long as Centurion membership was held, I'd fly with CX on my occasional flights to HK.
Old May 3, 2011, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by csdavidson
In any case, I've filled in the invite for Cent and sent it through last week. They told me it would take 3 weeks for a decision/approval (which seems odd as surely an invitation would mean they deem me worthy).
3 weeks about right, mine takes slight longer, if i remember correctly, a month?
Old May 3, 2011, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jgsx
where did you get this information, do u have a link? thx!
Old May 3, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum

The T&C confirm that this is a only a one time benefit, meaning Diamond Marco Polo status is given out for only one year then one must requality normally. If I were able to do that, I'd already be a CX Diamond.

This is a major disappointment. I thought Centurion was adding an actual benefit, but I'll add this to the list of useless benefits. A one time top tier status is something I can get for free with many airlines through a status match.

I know that I won't be able to meet Marco Polo's requalification since my travel pattern doesn't match their flight map, so I'm not even going to try. I'll keep giving my business to airlines that I have top tier status with.

If Diamond was given as long as Centurion membership was held, I'd fly with CX on my occasional flights to HK.

I agree, we need to get something more inline with the USA Cent - permanent status for more than 1 airline and part of at least one of the three main alliances. As an IDC Cent I pay more each year but get less in benefits.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:10 am

As the invitation isn't dated and just says "one years membership", I'm planning on holding it until 6 weeks before I make a flight where it will be useful. Can anyone see any reason against that?
Old May 6, 2011, 5:02 am

Today I received my invitation from Amex for the CX Diamond in a black envelop.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:34 pm

I applied a few days ago. Since the status is valid only for one year without "soft landing", I will not even try to qualify for anything.
Not a real benefit.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ahrz
Not a real benefit.
And yet... you applied.

Regards
Old May 6, 2011, 7:53 pm

Going to book my flights when Y class is fully booked.

Once I flew a F class ticket, a man sitting next to me with a CX gold, upgraded from monkey class up to 1st.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ptxl

Once I flew a F class ticket, a man sitting next to me with a CX gold, upgraded from monkey class up to 1st.
This is actually quite rare. CX is usually quite good with yield management and is not giving that many op-ups.
Old May 7, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ptxl

Hope is not a plan...

Regards
Old May 7, 2011, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
And yet... you applied.
Regards
I consider it as a one time gift ... and accept it ... not as a stable benefit from holding the card.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:09 am

-UK
-Australia
-Canada
-France
-Germany
-HK
-India
-Italy
-Japan
-Netherlands
-New Zealand
-Singapore
-Taiwan
-Thailand

Where did you hear about this for Taiwan Centurion Card? I have it in Taiwan and still have not got invited.

Thanks
Old May 9, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
looks like irwin8417 and marcuslai were right on the money [in this thread]:
thanks for the shoutout for those interested, i scanned a copy of the hong kong invitation (in chinese) at http://tinyurl.com/4yzd787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.