Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
If they apply this to the Japanese card (which is pretty much in need of some decent benefits beyond the global ones like Mandarin Oriental etc) then I will be delighted. I will also eat my hat
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by H99
I spoke to Centurion customer services in the UK about this. They are noteably clueless regarding even existing benefits, and the rep had no idea, but said she would go away and speak to marketing.

She called me back and said words to the effect "we cannot confirm anything at this time, but are always looking to enhance our benefits. If the situation changes we will be notifying you", which was very clearly signalling without confirming that this rumour has substance. My only concern is that this will be targeted to certain high volume (or non One world) travellers, but I think its unlikely Amex could justify a targeted benefit (as opposed to one off give-aways) - it would be out of step with how the programme has always been.

I now believe this is real, and we should watch this space. As I understand it top tier OW would allow access to the BA First lounge at T5 at most other Gold Card benefits - a very considerable benefit, argueably (depending on your particular flying patterns etc) the most valuable benefit of the card
The benefit is real. CTS confirmed that I am eligible and opened a case to enroll me. Oneworld Emerald is nice since access to first class lounges is given regardless of class of travel.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
Will this apply to American Centurions?
Originally Posted by jgsx
No.
CTS confirmed that I am eligible...
Where is your card issued?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Where is your card issued?
Former USA cent, now an IDC and Sterling cent. I spoke to IDC.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:15 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I just shared the news of this new benefit with my US Centurion travel concierge. She knew nothing about it, nor did her supervisor. The supervisor promised to share the news with customer service. Perhaps others should do the same so AMEX US may at some point leverage the global AMEX deal with Cathay and give us this status as well; just a thought
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
looks like irwin8417 and marcuslai were right on the money [in this thread]:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...st-2010-a.html

according to the agents i spoke with, cx marco polo diamond starts on april 11 for aussie and idc centurion card holders (there are probably other centurion countries offering this as well but i could only check the countries where i hold the card).

i'll believe it once the status is in the bank, but for now, colour me stunned. for once, it appears that centurion is actually giving us non-usa members an amazing benefit on a great airline.
what is the idc centurion card?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philipthechen
what is the idc centurion card?
IDC = International Dollar Card

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...lar_card.shtml
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I'm sure this benefit would not apply to Canadian Centurion cardholders because Canadian Centurion sucks.

Maybe I should consider getting an IDC in addition to my Canadian Centurion.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jarusoba
I'm sure this benefit would not apply to Canadian Centurion cardholders because Canadian Centurion sucks.

Maybe I should consider getting an IDC in addition to my Canadian Centurion.
Having an IDC for 5+ years it's got worse and the lack of airline partners (we have VS) is a big problem - especially as I'm now based in the US so Delta etc would be fantastic. Anything to improve things would be welcome as I can't see me doing $250K+ per year to get the US version.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
I just shared the news of this new benefit with my US Centurion travel concierge. She knew nothing about it, nor did her supervisor. The supervisor promised to share the news with customer service. Perhaps others should do the same so AMEX US may at some point leverage the global AMEX deal with Cathay and give us this status as well; just a thought
I doubt AA would like having so many USA Cents suddenly having access to their flagship lounges on any ticket.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
I doubt AA would like having so many USA Cents suddenly having access to their flagship lounges on any ticket.
+1

It annoys them to no end when I walk in with a BA Gold - more than a couple of times they tried to deny entry, and I had to call BA themselves to complain....
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:07 am
Suspended

Enrollment won't begin until May.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: AMX CENT
Anyone know if Canadian Centurions will get this benefit? Last I talked to them (not about this), they said lots of exciting annoucements this year!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Indeed: much as I still reckon this is just a fabulously-executed April Fool's joke, would those who have confirmed the offer in their home market please report that on the thread (along with a confirmation of what that market is, of course)?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by S.Bling
+1

It annoys them to no end when I walk in with a BA Gold - more than a couple of times they tried to deny entry, and I had to call BA themselves to complain....
Really? I never had a problem at all entering the AA Flagship Lounges as always felt very welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.