Complimentary US Airways Gold Status [Targeted]

Old Mar 28, 11, 7:31 pm
mgi
Original Poster

Complimentary US Airways Gold Status [Targeted]

Just got an interesting letter from American Express offering complimentary Gold Status on US Airways till 2/29/2012. Is targeted and need to signup. Pleasantly surprised since I only have a regular green personal amex and a gold business amex but majority of flight spend is on US Airways so maybe that explains it...^

Last edited by mia; Mar 28, 11 at 7:43 pm
Old Mar 28, 11, 9:28 pm

I have received the same offer. Has not been on US Airways for at least 15 years.
Old Mar 28, 11, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I'd like that offer - I'd make use of it, too. Wonder how they created the list? Better check my mail.
Old Mar 29, 11, 12:30 am

I received it as well via the mail (not email). When going to the page it asks for your AMEX card for verification. I first put in my Starwood card and it said I wasnt targeted for the offer. Then I put in my Platinum card and the offer was accepted.
Old Mar 29, 11, 1:08 am

Programs: UA
Could you please post the link?
Old Mar 29, 11, 1:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Fiumicino View Post
Bump for the link
Old Mar 29, 11, 2:34 am

sorry dont want my enrollment to be taken away...I'll let someone else post it. As there is an agreement on the page that is effectively "signed"

Last edited by superunknown; Mar 29, 11 at 2:39 am
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:24 am

Anyone know if there is a number to call and get enrolled or get the link resent?

I was looking at it last night but can't seem to find that blue envelope anywhere.
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by zoostation55 View Post
Anyone know if there is a number to call and get enrolled or get the link resent?

I was looking at it last night but can't seem to find that blue envelope anywhere.
There was no number to call.
Old Mar 29, 11, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by djefvert View Post
sorry dont want my enrollment to be taken away...I'll let someone else post it. As there is an agreement on the page that is effectively "signed"
djefvert, really??? LOL. Does AMEX know you on Flyertalk?
Old Mar 29, 11, 10:01 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
interesting... maybe those who already have gold (me) or higher can chime in if they also get the offer (not me.. yet). if so, i'll be asking for my complimentary platinum status
Old Mar 29, 11, 4:37 pm

Please, anyone? I'm sure the URL is generic and you have to put in your number to actually get the offer if you were targeted. Doubt you would get in trouble or anything.

Don't want to tear up my house again. Ha!
Old Mar 29, 11, 10:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by djefvert View Post
Why even talk about it in an open forum then other than to generate further questioning?
Unless you had to sign some sort of NDA then you're going to be fine. Even if they did try to take away the status that's a PR nightmare and it would never fly.

If the url was something like http://www.americanexpress.com/mr-dj...s-here-we-come
then that's a different story altogether

Do as you wish but that's just my take on it..
Old Mar 30, 11, 6:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fiumicino View Post
http://www.americanexpress.com/usairwaysgoldstatus
Old Mar 30, 11, 6:54 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Damn.

SORRY

Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your Card.
I guess the Platinum card with US Airways selected for your $200 credit as your preferred airline isn't the qualification to be selected for this offer. I wonder what is...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: