Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Give a supplementary card to a stranger?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Give a supplementary card to a stranger?

hmm....anyone willing to sign on a supplementary [Centurion] cardholders so i can avoid doing my MRs to get back up to [Delta] Plat? :P

Last edited by mia; Mar 27, 2011 at 5:19 am Reason: Insert context details after splitting thread.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
hmm....anyone willing to sign on a supplementary cardholders so i can avoid doing my MRs to get back up to plat? :P
If you pay the addtnl cardholder fee I'm sure there would be a few takers.
However, do you really want to give your SSN to someone on "the Internet"? (the primary is required to provide this to Amex)
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by nobias
However, do you really want to give your SSN to someone on "the Internet"? (the primary is required to provide this to Amex)
And if the secondary doesn't pay bill, you are stuck.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nobias
Lol. Well ya it's a stretch to imagine it happening. Maybe there's someone trustworthy out there....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:21 pm

If I could find someone local with a card I would offer to pay them in cash each month and cover the supplemental card fee. I think this would be the best way to do it
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:37 pm

Ha-ha, the primary can go online and set a low credit limit for your supplemental card too, say $100...
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Ha-ha, the primary can go online and set a low credit limit for your supplemental card too, say $100...
I knew you could do this for business cards, but can you do so for personal ones as well?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:59 pm

Yup. Online. A few clicks.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
WOuldnt object at all!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twoner32
DL is telling me NO to PM status-are they lost?
Will AMX Cent know of I call them?
Hey a local with the cent card, maybe a interest in letting me get a supplementary. oh well, I can dream.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by fumbalah
If I could find someone local with a card I would offer to pay them in cash each month and cover the supplemental card fee. I think this would be the best way to do it
it's a funny thing to think about:
I'd imagine the going rate would be to pay for the primary and supplemental fee. Whether that's worth it or not for the supplemental is a different story...but id say for most Cents, it just wouldnt be worth considering any other way given the hassle.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott Prem;DELTA gold;AMEX Cent;AC P;SPG gold;AVIS PC;Hertz gold,Fairmont Plat,HH Diamond,R&C 5C
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by fumbalah
WOuldnt object at all!
any person who would be out of their mind to give a CC card, cent or not, to a complete stranger.

Remember that the primary would be responsible for any diligent charges even it is just 1000. never mind their credit history.

would any CENT (and they got to that level for a reason) give a complete stranger money (because that is what they would be doing as there is no garrenty the sup holder will pay the bill when it comes due) without due diligence???

and what benefit would the primary card holder get???
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by galambo
and what benefit would the primary card holder get???
ahem. see post 11.

i dont think there'd be much risk credit rating wise. Just limit the spending as noted in another post above and dont allow online access. Seems straight-fwd in theory anyway!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Risk vs. Reward just doesn't add up here. I also highly doubt the majority(not all, some just funneled business expenses) of Cent holders are in dire need of some one to pay their fee. There is more risk than just to your credit. If someone wants the card that badly, just do what it takes to acquire it.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mlad1101
I also highly doubt the majority(not all, some just funneled business expenses) of Cent holders are in dire need of some one to pay their fee.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by mlad1101
If someone wants the card that badly, just do what it takes to acquire it.
Based upon this particular posters previous posts, I suspect that isn't achievable (at least currently).

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.