Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone who have AMEX ICC please share here.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Plat, GFF Plat.
Anyone who have AMEX ICC please share here.

Hello, i just want to ask. AMEX ICC its hard to get? because i really need the dollar card. Its need bank guarantee to make that card?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Yes for a walk-in customer to apply for an IDC you will need a bank guarantee, as stipulated in the application material.

Actually let me clarify: It's a banker's reference. Not a guarantee as such.

They want you to tell them who your banker is. Then they want you to sign an authorization for Amex to contact your banker and get information on your account. Your bank doesn't guarantee as such. There is no liability on your bank's part. Amex just want to know that your account is in good standing and that there's money coming in that loosely matches your stated income.

Last edited by forumpersona999; Mar 15, 2011 at 3:27 am Reason: Clarified terminology
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Yes you need a Bank Guarantee!
At least it was mandatory in 2007, when I applied for the Platinum IDC, they asked my bank to guarantee the card for an amount of 75k Usd dollars! I know it's a huge guarantee! but my bank accepts the offer! and then a card was sending out to me!
a year latter,they sent me an invitation to the centurion card, i accept and then closed the platinum account; they deleted the guarantee right after I closed the Platinum, now my centurion card is unsecured!

Maybe they used this, in order to create history with Amex and then, if you do not fail to pay them, they delete the guarantee!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Yes for a walk-in customer to apply for an IDC you will need a bank guarantee, as stipulated in the application material.

Actually let me clarify: It's a banker's reference. Not a guarantee as such.

They want you to tell them who your banker is. Then they want you to sign an authorization for Amex to contact your banker and get information on your account. Your bank doesn't guarantee as such. There is no liability on your bank's part. Amex just want to know that your account is in good standing and that there's money coming in that loosely matches your stated income.
if bank reference its ok. but bank reference and bank guarantee its different. bank guarantee is like L/C.

Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
Yes you need a Bank Guarantee!
At least it was mandatory in 2007, when I applied for the Platinum IDC, they asked my bank to guarantee the card for an amount of 75k Usd dollars! I know it's a huge guarantee! but my bank accepts the offer! and then a card was sending out to me!
a year latter,they sent me an invitation to the centurion card, i accept and then closed the platinum account; they deleted the guarantee right after I closed the Platinum, now my centurion card is unsecured!

Maybe they used this, in order to create history with Amex and then, if you do not fail to pay them, they delete the guarantee!
OMG, are you sure 75k usd? i don't have much money like that. i just only have 10k. They will accepted? and how long your bank guarantee valid? usually have a time right?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
I have both the Amex Dollar and Euro cards.

Just to reiterate what forumpersona999 said...Amex look for a bank reference not a bank guarantee. As part of the application they will want copies of your most recent bank statements. The application process can be slow but Amex ICC are good about keeping in contact via email throughout the process.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Trinners
I have both the Amex Dollar and Euro cards.

Just to reiterate what forumpersona999 said...Amex look for a bank reference not a bank guarantee. As part of the application they will want copies of your most recent bank statements. The application process can be slow but Amex ICC are good about keeping in contact via email throughout the process.
can you share their email? i email to [email protected] about my application and no reply until today
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Yes sure!
Because when Amex contacted my bank, they called me right after getting their mail!
they give me a copy of the mail, which clearly ask the bank to guaranteed my card for 75k usd, and in the letter they stated that if the customer don't pay them off, the bank will have to do it!
but like I said it was what they asked me in 2007! now I don't know,
It tooks one year for AMex, to offer me the Centurion card, and right after I was approved, as I cancel my platinum card, they sent back to my bank their guarantee!

the guarantee in itselft, is not that they want your bank to send them a check of 75k but they just want to ensure, that If i dont pay someone will do it on my behalf!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by agham
can you share their email? i email to [email protected] about my application and no reply until today
That is the correct email address. In my experience they respond to emails within 24-48 hours.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Yes sure!
Because when Amex contacted my bank, they called me right after getting their mail!
they give me a copy of the mail, which clearly ask the bank to guaranteed my card for 75k usd, and in the letter they stated that if the customer don't pay them off, the bank will have to do it!
but like I said it was what they asked me in 2007! now I don't know,
It tooks one year for AMex, to offer me the Centurion card, and right after I was approved, as I cancel my platinum card, they sent back to my bank their guarantee!

the guarantee in itselft, is not that they want your bank to send them a check of 75k but they just want to ensure, that If i dont pay someone will do it on my behalf!
I just called few minute ago. They ask 50k for platinum. I will give another update. I think i ask to downgrade to green or gold. Because at my condition today. Its imposible to get 50k usd cash
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:40 am

I just called few minute ago. They ask 50k for platinum. I will give another update. I think i ask to downgrade to green or gold. Because at my condition today. Its imposible to get 50k usd cash
50k is now their requirement?
So they just decrease their guarantee! Because I was asked 75 in 2007!
It will be interesting to make a post with their requirement cards by cards
I mean for example 50k for platinum
Maybe 25k for gold
and 10k for green (but I really don't know their real requirements!)
Please post here the amount they asked when you've got the informations!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:02 am
Original Poster

50k is now their requirement?
So they just decrease their guarantee! Because I was asked 75 in 2007!
It will be interesting to make a post with their requirement cards by cards
I mean for example 50k for platinum
Maybe 25k for gold
and 10k for green (but I really don't know their real requirements!)
Please post here the amount they asked when you've got the informations!
i don't know my english bad when called by them or they miss spelling. But in email they said 15k.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your Application for an American Express Card.

My apologies for being unable to speak to you via the telephone earlier, the line was very poor.

Unfortunately we do not have a relationship with the bank you have provided on your application and, as a result, we are unable to obtain a credit rating for them. As we discussed briefly, in order for us to progress with your application we require a $15,000 bank guarantee but unfortunately, for the reasons above, we cannot accept this from the bank you have supplied to us.

Moving forward, the only way we will be able to aquire such a guarantee is if you are able to update your account details to a different bank.

If this is not possible I am sorry to say we cannot process your application at this time.

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the application process. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
Tom

Last edited by agham; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:23 am
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:08 am

i don't know my english bad when called by them or they miss spelling. But in email they said 15k.

[qoute]Dear Sir,

Thank you for your Application for an American Express Card.

My apologies for being unable to speak to you via the telephone earlier, the line was very poor.

Unfortunately we do not have a relationship with the bank you have provided on your application and, as a result, we are unable to obtain a credit rating for them. As we discussed briefly, in order for us to progress with your application we require a $15,000 bank guarantee but unfortunately, for the reasons above, we cannot accept this from the bank you have supplied to us.

Moving forward, the only way we will be able to aquire such a guarantee is if you are able to update your account details to a different bank.

If this is not possible I am sorry to say we cannot process your application at this time.

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the application process. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
Tom Eke
[/qoute]
It seems that Amex ICC now do not accept application form someone having a bank account in a Bank where amex do not have any relationship!
You should maybe have the possibility to open an account with Amex private banking?

Or you have to choose a bank where they offer the Amex Card, for example HSBC

In 2007, when I applied for the card, my bank in France do not have any relationship with amex, but they still processed my application and the card comes here (but after the 75k of guarantee) maybe the fact that my bank do not have relationship with amex, is the reason of asking me so much money!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... update your account details to a different bank..
Your profile does not show where you are located, but I would reply to the email and ask American Express to list satisfactory banks in your country.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:26 am
Original Poster

It seems that Amex ICC now do not accept application form someone having a bank account in a Bank where amex do not have any relationship!
You should maybe have the possibility to open an account with Amex private banking?

Or you have to choose a bank where they offer the Amex Card, for example HSBC

In 2007, when I applied for the card, my bank in France do not have any relationship with amex, but they still processed my application and the card comes here (but after the 75k of guarantee) maybe the fact that my bank do not have relationship with amex, is the reason of asking me so much money!
Originally Posted by mia
Your profile does not show where you are located, but I would reply to the email and ask American Express to list satisfactory banks in your country.
i am from indonesia, my bank now is danamon, which is have right to operate amex at indonesia. the problem is, since 2009 i am apply amex in indonesia, always rejected. that why i am looking other option overseas. FYI, i have serveral visa and master card to here with limit 3k usd (in indonesia, 3k usd can say high limit since if you a newbie, u only can get card with limit 300-500$)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...my bank now is danamon, which is have right to operate amex at indonesia. ...
Based on this additional information I would reply to the email noting that American Express does have a relationship with your bank including a link to this page:

http://www.americanexpress.co.id/Abo...S/Default.html

However, because the bank is the sole issuer and acquirer of American Express® Cards in Indonesia, it may be that by contract American Express cannot offer International Dollar Cards to any residents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.