Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Centurion now Delta Platinum Medallion status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:15 am
Original Poster

USA Centurion now Delta Platinum Medallion status

Just logged into centurion.com this morning to check out the 2011 benefits, and noticed when you click on the bottom navigation link for "Elective Benefits", then select "Air", it lists "Delta Skymiles Platinum Madallion". Of course when you click the actually link, the page says Gold Madallion. So do you folks suspect this is merely a mistake, or is PM finally to come?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
that would be a nice new benefit
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I spoke to member services and they said no change and that it must be a mistake. I reinforced (probably only the 10,000th person to say this) that PM status would go a long way to make up for the loss of Continental GM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:03 pm

When was the last time Centurion Customer services beat flyertalk "to the punch" or disclosed something before it came out on flyertalk? I am going with flyertalk
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:31 am

Yes, it is difficult for me to imagine this being a mistake, because how would such a mistake happen? Does it make sense to you that a web guy would accidentally type "platinum medallion" instead of "gold medallion"?

I can think of some other odd scenarios, like maybe it was something under negotiation that failed? I could see the mistake if some other country's Centurion had PM, but I don't think one does.

Occam's razor applies, in my (wishful thinking) opinion!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:59 pm

It has now been changed back to Gold.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by aviators99
It has now been changed back to Gold.
Because it hasn't been formally announced yet.
Wait patiently for a few weeks.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by S.Bling
Because it hasn't been formally announced yet.
Wait patiently for a few weeks.
Are you saying that tongue in cheek, or do you think you know something?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by aviators99
Are you saying that tongue in cheek, or do you think you know something?
Not tongue in cheek at all.
As it hasn't been inked nor announced yet, I don't "think I know something". (Call CCS for a better timeline, if they will tell you anything. I got only a vague idea of dates.)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
That would be great.

DL would be rewarded with near 100% loyalty from me if this is true.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
That would be great.

DL would be rewarded with near 100% loyalty from me if this is true.
I think Delta could gain some business back from a lot of customers.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This would seal the deal on my renewal for some time to come.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by sorro
This would seal the deal on my renewal for some time to come.
Just curious, but why would this be considered so fantastic and amazing?

Same thing happened with US when they introduced a 4th elite tier. It took almost a year but Cents reverted back to "2nd tier" (i.e. plat).

DL and CO did the 4th tier introduction a year ago, and precedence would suggest Cents would be reverted back to their "2nd tier" rather than dropping to the "3rd tier".

The idea of this ever happening with CO was lost when it became apparent many months ago that CO was slowly souring its ties to Amex (although nobody predicted just how isolationist they would become with their CC relationship). It just remained see how the DL change would pan out, and when.
Maybe part was due to the gradual cementing of ties as affiliate CC issuer, maybe part was due to the many requests and inquiries to CCS, maybe part was due to the obvious "this is exactly what happened with US" or the futility of paying significant amounts for everyone to be 3rd tier - only to have them resent them for it.

-- (slight OT complete) --

Anyway:
in 2010
HH introduced fast-track to Diamond (automatic Diamond non-USA)
Various upscale car "benefits" added
US lounge access added (with no flight requirement)
$200 credit added

CO lounges will be lost
CO elite status willl be lost
UA elite status (indirect) will be lost
But to have DL revert to 2009's status as 2nd tier is so overwhelming to "seal the deal for some time to come"?

(it's genuine question, don't read into it wrong)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There are a few errors on the 2011 website. Another one was about the MO Free night where it lists only London and NYC as not giving the free night.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:51 am

DL Platinum would mean a lot to me, so I hope this thread isn't just getting my hopes up.

S.Bling, while you are correct that this would only realign us back to having DL's 2nd tier, I think most of us had given up hope that it would happen siince many had queried AmEx about it and we were told emphatically no, that Centurion would not get Platinum.

Edited: I had posted a question about CO and, on second thought, realized it was a stupid question (since CO will cease to exist).

Susan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.