Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Credit Line Reallocation - Again available [2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Credit Line Reallocation - Again available [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:57 pm

Anyone know how the 13 month requirement on the FROM account works in practice? I have a card opened 11/16/2015. Can I transfer CL from it beginning on 12/16?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Today I was able to reallocate credit from a PERSONAL Delta card opened in April 2016 (well under 13 months) to a BUSINESS Starwood card opened in 2015.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:22 pm

AMEX CL reallocation, less than 1 year old... New Rules?

I know the "rule" is in a CL reallocation that both the source and the destination must be open for more than a year. However, a few recent posts on DoC suggest otherwise, but I am unable to push through.

I'm trying to reallocate CL from a 2mth old card to my target card that has been open for more than a year. Has anyone had luck with CL reallocation for accounts under a year recently?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Today I was able to reallocate credit from a PERSONAL Delta card opened in April 2016 (well under 13 months) to a BUSINESS Starwood card opened in 2015.
Would you be ok sharing how much CL did you move from Personal Delta, and what was the original CL on the Business Starwood?

I'm wondering if a certain amount triggers a "manual review" with causes I rejection. I tried moving about $19k CL from a Business Delta (open few mths ago) to a Business SPG (more than a year open) that had $6k CL. It did not go through.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
mia

Moved $17,000. SPG Business limit now $40,000.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Will Amex really not move a credit limit to a new card?

Had an unused Starwood Amex. Annual fee came up for renewal. Asked to have the 35K credit limit moved to a no-fee card. I was told by the CSR that they do not move credit limits from one card to another......Should I have tried harder?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:35 am
mia

Originally Posted by david55
...Asked to have the 35K credit limit moved to a no-fee card.
If you mean you tried to change the SPG to another card, read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nversions.html
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
If you mean you tried to change the SPG to another card, read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nversions.html
Thank you Mia
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Waiting Period to Reallocate Credit Line to Blue Business Plus Card?

Opened a new Blue Business Plus card about 3 months ago. The 0% intro APR was a motivator, along with the rewards. But Amex only provided a $2,000 credit limit, along with the opportunity to spend above the credit limit if the added amount was paid off each month. Meanwhile, I have $7,500 unused credit on my old Blue Business card that Amex won't transfer over because I haven't had the new card long enough.

How long do you have to wait to reallocate credit from one card to another? I don't like requesting credit line increases where unnecessary. I could also shift credit from my HHonors Surpass card, but I figure Amex might not allow that since the Surpass is a personal card.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:24 am
mia

I believe that both cards must be ~13 months old before credit can be moved.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I believe that both cards must be ~13 months old before credit can be moved.
If that was a rule in the past, it’s not a rule now. I moved CL to a brand new Blue Business Plus card last year, and just last week I moved CL to a days-old Gold Delta SkyMiles card.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:25 am
mia

Originally Posted by joe_miami
...moved CL to a brand new Blue Business Plus card last year, and just last week I moved CL to a days-old Gold Delta SkyMiles card.
Thank you ^. I just moved credit from a Starwood Business card to Blue Business Plus. The SPG card is well over 13 months old, but the BBP is under a year.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Moving Credit Lines

Hi all,

Couldn't find it on the forum, so starting a new thread. I want to give my fiance my SPG card for wedding planning (we're getting married in an SPG hotel, so this was a no-brainer). I want to increase the credit line for the card so she doesn't have to worry about. Online, there's an option to move credit lines from one card to another. My question is, will this result in an inquiry or look like a new card? I'm trying to get under 5/24, so I'm sensitive to that right now.

Both cards are on the same online account. Just moving credit line from my Everyday card to my SPG Personal card.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
Hi all,

Couldn't find it on the forum, so starting a new thread. I want to give my fiance my SPG card for wedding planning (we're getting married in an SPG hotel, so this was a no-brainer). I want to increase the credit line for the card so she doesn't have to worry about. Online, there's an option to move credit lines from one card to another. My question is, will this result in an inquiry or look like a new card? I'm trying to get under 5/24, so I'm sensitive to that right now.

Both cards are on the same online account. Just moving credit line from my Everyday card to my SPG Personal card.
I recently called Amex to move credit lines from a Plum to a Centurion card. I inquired if there was a credit check/inquiry and they informed me there would be none. It took the underwriting team about 10 business days to move the credit line I requested.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:25 pm
mia

Plum and Centurion are charge cards, and typically do not have published limits, although they may in a business context. The consumer cards that LocoBigH mentioned can be managed using the self service online facility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.