Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Credit Line Reallocation - Again available [2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Credit Line Reallocation - Again available [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:25 am

Anyone else notice credit limit transfer feature is back?

So happy to see I can do it straight from the website...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Yes! Under Profile, Account Management, Manage Credit Limit.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Just tried this online between 2 cards and got something to the effect of "we will notify you in writing in 7-10 days." One card has been open about a year and the other about 4 months (trying to move from older one to newer one).

Oh, and they also ask for an updated annual income during the process.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
They don't do a credit pull for an online request to move CL do they?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
They don't do a credit pull for an online request to move CL do they?
no
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: SW A-List and HH Diamond
I am trying to move credit from my SPG Amex to Hilton Surpass. I went to Profile --> Manage Credit Limit but don't have any option to move credit line. I only have Increase, Check Balance Transfer, Spending Ability, and Declined Charges. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cks30
I am trying to move credit from my SPG Amex to Hilton Surpass.
Both personal cards? How long has each been open?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G2244
Just tried this online between 2 cards and got something to the effect of "we will notify you in writing in 7-10 days." One card has been open about a year and the other about 4 months (trying to move from older one to newer one).

Oh, and they also ask for an updated annual income during the process.
You would be denied. Card must open 13 months before it is eligible for moving CL to another card. I was denied after such message and given the reason the SPG card was not 13 months old yet. It is very annoying that SPG card has 25K but I could not move it to HHonors that has been over 2 years or more, that had only 5K.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: SW A-List and HH Diamond
Cards have only been open for 6 months. I did have the "privilege" of going through one of AmEx's lovely financial reviews, so I didn't know if that would impact anything.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:18 pm

I got my AMEX blue cash card on 4/1 (CL $2K), and on 4/2 I requested CLI on my costco true earning card ($5K -->$9K) and then moved $8K CL to the new Blue Cash card. now, it has $10K CL. The costco true earning card has only $1K CL.

my question is: when can I request another CLI?

for the costco true earning card, I need to wait 6 months to request again. But can I request CLI on the new Blue Cash card after 60 days from 4/1?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by cks30
I am trying to move credit from my SPG Amex to Hilton Surpass. I went to Profile --> Manage Credit Limit but don't have any option to move credit line. I only have Increase, Check Balance Transfer, Spending Ability, and Declined Charges. Am I missing something? Thanks!
I also have only these four options on all of my Amex credit cards. All of them have been open for well over 13 months.

Am I missing something? I want to transfer CL from an old Amex Blue (open for 12-15 years at least) to a DL Amex (open for 2.5 years). Both personal cards.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I also have only these four options on all of my Amex credit cards. All of them have been open for well over 13 months.

Am I missing something? I want to transfer CL from an old Amex Blue (open for 12-15 years at least) to a DL Amex (open for 2.5 years). Both personal cards.
Similar situation with me-except all card have been open 5+ years
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
They may have taken away the option again. After my recent request (which was denied since cards not open long enough) I noticed it went away. I figured they just "fixed" my accounts. Maybe they just took it away for everyone again.

On a related note, on the 13 month rule, does anyone know the exact date that is used for the calculation? Do I need to show 14 actual statements (or 13), or is it 13 months from application date, card open date, or first use date?

I am looking at a potential cancel of the card in question but would want to move the CL to another card beforehand.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:18 am

For the 13 month rule, what happens if I do a product change? e.g., if a card is 11 months old, and I change it to another card to avoid an annual fee, and then I want to move some credit limit from that card to another; do I have to wait 13 months starting now, or just 2 months?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
I just did this between my SPG card and Hilton card. Long story short, I was able to transfer CL from Hilton to SPG...

Long story...My SPG card was opened around February this year and my Hilton card was opened a year or so prior. The first rep had no idea what I wanted and tried to get my a credit increase on my SPG card. I was then transferred to another person who was in charge of credit limits and he wasn't able to help either. I finally got transferred to another rep and he was able to transfer CL no problem. It was smooth and was reflected online within 5-10 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.