Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum $200 Airline Credit Strategy? [Read message #1 before posting]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum $200 Airline Credit Strategy? [Read message #1 before posting]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
Lucky you. I bought $75 CO gift certificate over a month ago and did not get reimbursed
Picked up 2 $100 CO gift certificates last week. Reimbursed next day^
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by joediver
Picked up 2 $100 CO gift certificates last week. Reimbursed next day^
Did you just buy on CO.com? Were you logged into your One Pass account when you purchased?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
Did you just buy on CO.com? Were you logged into your One Pass account when you purchased?
I'm pretty sure I was logged in when I bought them. I don't recall specifically, but when I'm there I usually do log in.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by joediver
I'm pretty sure I was logged in when I bought them. I don't recall specifically, but when I'm there I usually do log in.
Thanks, I just tried one more time and bought a $25 CO gift certificate. Let's see if this time I get reimbursed.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
Delta is running a new buy-MQM promo for the end of the year as discussed here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-buy-mqms.html
Wonder how that will post and if the credit would apply.
I would love to know the answer to this (for next year). If I had anything left of my $200 this year, I would have given it a shot.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:52 am

another $200 question

I have not chosen an airline to take advantage of the reimbursement benefit yet for this year. I got the card in the beginning of this year. If I choose an airline now can I choose another airline in January?

Thank you,

Flymaster
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flymaster
I have not chosen an airline to take advantage of the reimbursement benefit yet for this year. I got the card in the beginning of this year. If I choose an airline now can I choose another airline in January?

Thank you,

Flymaster
Short simple answer: YES!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Originally Posted by osupike17
I've looked through this thread and dont see it mentioned... how do you go about checking your balance to see how much credit you have left? Would really like to take advantage of whatever I have left this year.
If you log into the AMEX site, and view Year To Date and apply a filter of Credits to transaction type, you should see the tag "AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement" for the airline credits. You'll need to add them up, or remember to subtract the other credits from other sources from the total at the bottom.

If you got a credit for Global Entry it might say "T568:0001 $100 Statement Credit" but I'm pretty sure that's independent of the $200 yearly amount.

I've got 75% of mine unused, with 8 flights planned between now and the end of the year.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:19 pm

Has anybody tried purchasing Hawaiian Airlines gift cards and successfully received reimbursement?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Amex Plat
Does the $200 credit clock reset on 1/1? Being so close to the end of the year, I haven't used any of the $200 and I have a short trip coming up on United next weekend - what is the best way for me to maximize my $200 before I "lose it"?

Flying from PHX to DEN, so I suppose I could purchases CO lounge passes, upgrade to Econ+.....any other ideas?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by dkauf
Does the $200 credit clock reset on 1/1?
Yes. Use it or lose it.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Amex Plat
Can anyone confirm that purchasing UA/CO Economy Plus upgrades on existing reservations qualifies for the credit?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:55 pm

Anyone know when will the new enrollment period be? Since we don't have lounge access at United anymore, I'm planning on switching my enrollment from AA to them and buying day passes.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by red grenadine
Anyone know when will the new enrollment period be? Since we don't have lounge access at United anymore, I'm planning on switching my enrollment from AA to them and buying day passes.
Why not just use the $200 towards the United Club annual fee. If you fly often enough it's worth the $125 out of your own pocket ($325-$200). You membership may be more depending on your status with UA. When I spoke with the rep at AMEX last week regarding my Business Platinum I was told this was valid. If they do not reimburse right away just call and they'll apply the $200 credit.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:27 pm
pgm

singing the jet blues

I have $180 left to spend this year. I tried purchasing a gift card for $99 and it wasn't reimbursed. I have a trip booked for the first quarter of 2012 and thought about upgrading seats but prior to doing so called AMEX and was told extended legroom, upgrades are not reimbusable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.