5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX (YMMV)

Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:32 pm

5 songs

Credit is given for the 5 songs as indicated in their invitation.

Originally Posted by jdw715
Is credit given for purchasing an Album?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Credit is given for the 5 songs as indicated in their invitation.
it actually works for any purchase. i received the $7.05 credit when i purchased just one 0.99 iphone app from the app store.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone from the UK tried this? I just put my card in and it enrolled me.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:39 pm
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
Originally Posted by Sohan
Has anyone from the UK tried this? I just put my card in and it enrolled me.
Yes, I'm from the UK, and it worked for me in that I paid $0.99 ($1 including tax) for an iPhone app and got a credit of $7.05 from Amex. But I did this with my US-issued Amex card, not with my UK-issued USD card.

I also tried registering my UK Amex BA card, and it was accepted. However, the T&Cs for this offer state that it is valid only for cards issued in the US, so it doesn't surprise me that I didn't receive a credit after buying an app with this UK card.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by nfh
Yes, I'm from the UK, and it worked for me in that I paid $0.99 ($1 including tax) for an iPhone app and got a credit of $7.05 from Amex. But I did this with my US-issued Amex card, not with my UK-issued USD card.

I also tried registering my UK Amex BA card, and it was accepted. However, the T&Cs for this offer state that it is valid only for cards issued in the US, so it doesn't surprise me that I didn't receive a credit after buying an app with this UK card.

worked for me. got refunded 7.52 US dollars. showed up faster than my actual purchase date.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I registered a total of 9 Amex cards for this offer, which included accounts where I was just an authorized user. I successfully changed the credit card in my account a total of 4 times and received the emails that I would receive the credit a total of 3 times after making the purchases.

After adding the fourth card, however, I wasn't able to make purchases anymore using my iTunes account and was told to contact iTunes support. After doing so--and in my email to them explaining why I wanted to change my credit card so many times--I was told that it was only possible to change one's credit card 5 times in a month, but that they wanted to "resolve" this issue and would forward on my issue to another department.

We'll see what happens. The strange thing is that I only changed my card four times, not five.
I had the same thing happen to me. I added my fourth card on Thursday and went to buy a song. I got the same message requesting that I contact Itunes support. Interestingly though, when I looked at my amex account online, it shows a $1 authorization request from Itunes. It appears, at least in this case, that it allowed me to add the card, their system took an authorization request... but it wasn't until the attempted purchase of the song that it prevented the transaction from going through. Were you able to get it resolved?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I had the same thing happen to me. I added my fourth card on Thursday and went to buy a song. I got the same message requesting that I contact Itunes support. Interestingly though, when I looked at my amex account online, it shows a $1 authorization request from Itunes. It appears, at least in this case, that it allowed me to add the card, their system took an authorization request... but it wasn't until the attempted purchase of the song that it prevented the transaction from going through. Were you able to get it resolved?
+1 Here. I only got as far as my fourth card too. I managed to get two purchases in on the fourth card but now it is locked.

I have another old account I may use that. I am trying to think of the implications of having purchases across multiple iTunes accounts can't think of anything particularly negative
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:45 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
Originally Posted by sunrider101
worked for me. got refunded 7.52 US dollars. showed up faster than my actual purchase date.
Odd that you should have been refunded more than the $7.05 that the rest of us got on our US cards.

Which UK card were you using and which iTunes store (UK or US)?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
citi amex card is now registered

just tried it again today and i am enrolled on this card.

Originally Posted by gipsss
has anyone has success enrolling with citi aa amex? i tried but kept getting an error message that i need to enter a valid card #. from t&c, i thought this card would qualify as a licensed third party bank issuer of AXP-branded Cards.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by johnathome
I asked Apple support the same question and got a "no can do". I got a bunch of gift cards for the holiday and unless I burn the 52.50 first, it won't hit my amex card.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
+1 Here. I only got as far as my fourth card too. I managed to get two purchases in on the fourth card but now it is locked.

I have another old account I may use that. I am trying to think of the implications of having purchases across multiple iTunes accounts can't think of anything particularly negative
So I read on another forum of a workaround for the gift card balance suggested by an Apple employee that worked for that poster. She set up a second account and instead of clicking "buy" she "gifted" the songs to her first account. She reported success in the gifting.

I wonder if it would work for the multiple card issue, too? I'm only on my third Amex card, but have a fourth waiting in the wings.

daloosh
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by daloosh
So I read on another forum of a workaround for the gift card balance suggested by an Apple employee that worked for that poster. She set up a second account and instead of clicking "buy" she "gifted" the songs to her first account. She reported success in the gifting.
That's really, really clever. I love Apple.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by mreed911
That's really, really clever. I love Apple.
It certainly beats Apple support, who sent me the most dumb-a$$ scripted response "we are very sorry for the inconvenience, your happiness is important to us" bs and have not followed up on anything since and completely failed to address the issue. one week later, still locked out of itunes. morons
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
It certainly beats Apple support, who sent me the most dumb-a$$ scripted response "we are very sorry for the inconvenience, your happiness is important to us" bs and have not followed up on anything since and completely failed to address the issue. one week later, still locked out of itunes. morons
Assuming you've tried iforgot.apple.com?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mreed911
Assuming you've tried iforgot.apple.com?
er this is a password reset? the issue is after changing your credit card four times you get locked out of making further purchases. you are told to contact support. who send you said inane and pointless message and don't follow up on it.

It gets better. I finally got a reply, read and weep. I am just so surprised seeing this coming from Apple. It's like the worst of Citibank, CrapOne and Expedia rolled into one.

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Pushpak and I will be happy to assist you.

I understand that you are unable to purchase items using your iTunes Store account, "[email protected]". I can understand how disappointing this can be. I would like to help.

I would like to inform you that the block on iTunes Store account was removed on 03/09/2011. However, your account has been blocked again.

Philip, finding a solution for you is important to me, so I have requested assistance with the issue you reported. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.

Thank you for your patience. Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible.

Last edited by ma91pmh; Mar 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:20 pm

er this is a password reset? the issue is after changing your credit card four times you get locked out of making further purchases. you are told to contact support. who send you said inane and pointless message and don't follow up on it.
If you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, you can CALL support, and they can transfer you to iTunes support. Customers with iOS devices DO get phone-based support for iTunes. Regular iTunes customer support is email/chat only.

And yes, they'll verify it with a serial number, and you have to be in your eligible support window, or have purchased APP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.