Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta, HH, Hyatt, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold
FS Las Vegas

Last weekend, 1/13-1/16
Obtained double cat upgrade at check in from the lowest deluxe cat to a strip view deluxe.
Also was offered a 1 bedroom suite, 1050sft for $100 extra a night. Accepted offer!

Daily breakfast credit of $22/pp at the verandah restaurant. Nice breakfast selection and awesome weekend brunch for $35/pp.

Also included $85 dinning credit to be used the verandah restaurant.
Excellent selection of food and great service.

Very enjoyable stay.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:12 pm

Has anyone had recent experience with FHR at Wynn or Encore? I'm curious how the breakfast credit works there. Is it a set amount daily? Are you limited to certain restaurants? Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yoeleven
Has anyone had recent experience with FHR at Wynn or Encore? I'm curious how the breakfast credit works there. Is it a set amount daily? Are you limited to certain restaurants? Thanks for the help.
This info is about 4 months old, but at Encore you should receive a letter at check-in detailing a $30 per person per day breakfast credit. You simply charge the meal to your room account and it is offset at checkout. It was limited to the buffet, Tableau, and Terrace Pointe cafe.

In practice this was just a $60 food credit per day. We would go to the buffet ($20 per person for breakfast) and the remainder would be applied to other things such as lunch (in addition to the $90 lunch for two benefit). YMMV here.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Starwood Gold
Centurion FHR Upgrade Success at Wynn/Encore

Hi,

I know there's been some similar posts in the past, but figured I'd see if there's any more recent info. I'm heading to Las Vegas July 7-10 and am leaning towards Encore. I really like the look of the Parlour suite, but it's higher than I budgeted. Any success with FHR upgrades from a regular Encore tower suite to parlour? I have a personal Platinum and business Centurion. Alternatively, I may just splurge for a parlour suite at wynn.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:43 pm

You are better off showing your green card at the front desk imho. Or find a friend who gambles a lot and have them contact their host.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
where do you get this "green card" from?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:25 pm

Benjamin, Franklin, etc. You have a las vegas flyertalk thread called twenty dollar trick but at the Wynn I find it hard to imagine a twenty would do anything.

Last edited by Centurion; Mar 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG gold, PC Plat, Delta GM, Amex Plat
I don't have a centurion, just regular platinum card, but I stayed at Encore last week through FHR.

I called FHR to book 3 Encore tower suite rooms, but the system showed only 1 available tower suite room. The FHR rep called encore and they booked the extra 2 rooms. When I got to the Encore, the person at the reception desk said there were no available upgrades, and didn't bother to even look in the system (I think her name was Choona). I continued to press on about whether I could buy-up to the salon suite when another person at the desk overheard and said she would see whats available. She said there were 2 salon suites I could buy up to and there were 3 parlours available. When she said, that I asked for 2 parlours and a buy up to a salon suite. At that point the original person I was talking to had to give me the 2 parlours for free and charged me $200/night for the salon suite.

At the Wynncore its best to book a tower suite and then buy up to whatever else imho. Last time I was at Wynn I booked a tower suite, upgraded to executive and bought up to salon for $100/night.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sorrowfull
I don't have a centurion, just regular platinum card, but I stayed at Encore last week through FHR.

I called FHR to book 3 Encore tower suite rooms, but the system showed only 1 available tower suite room. The FHR rep called encore and they booked the extra 2 rooms. When I got to the Encore, the person at the reception desk said there were no available upgrades, and didn't bother to even look in the system (I think her name was Choona). I continued to press on about whether I could buy-up to the salon suite when another person at the desk overheard and said she would see whats available. She said there were 2 salon suites I could buy up to and there were 3 parlours available. When she said, that I asked for 2 parlours and a buy up to a salon suite. At that point the original person I was talking to had to give me the 2 parlours for free and charged me $200/night for the salon suite.

At the Wynncore its best to book a tower suite and then buy up to whatever else imho. Last time I was at Wynn I booked a tower suite, upgraded to executive and bought up to salon for $100/night.
This is good advice. FWIW I have always been automatically upgraded to a parlour from standard TS, but we are rarely there friday/saturday nights.

Question for you: What were the 2011 FHR benefits as given to you at check-in? I'm curious if they have gotten rid of the lunch-for-two credit...
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:04 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
I am also planning a trip to vegas. I have booked 2 x encore resort suite king through FHR (canadian plat).
I was told the benefits were: room upgrade, 4 pm checkout, breakfast for 2 and $100 spa certificate. (benefits are per room).

2 questions:
1- how is the encore resort suite king? Pictures look nice.

2- What upgrades, if any, one would expect with my booking?

Thanx.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Stayed at THEHotel last week and didn't receive an upgrade. Booked a V suite and asked about possible upgrade to the H suite and was told they rarely, if ever on a weekend upgrade to that level (775ft vs 1600 ft).

You get $40/day for breakfast at their Cafe (where $40 won't go too far) or Coffee bar which has pastries and coffee, etc.

$100 spa credit was used at the BathHouse and typical LV pricing for the spa. Ended up spending an additional $80 for a treatment.

IMO...best use of FHR is still the Wynn. They actually try to give you an upgrade and $60 for breakfast per day is a good amount to cover the entire breakfast. They changed their $90 lunch credit to a $100 spa credit for 2011 though.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: ua 1k, spg plt
Does Bellagio still offer a lunch credit?

From previous posts, am I correct that Four Seasons and Bellagio are the ONLY properties that offer a dining credit as opposed to a spa credit?

Going there for a bachelor party and spa credit will absolutely not get used!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:01 pm

i always use invited guest check in when i have my room comped !
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG gold
Originally Posted by zaf
I am also planning a trip to vegas. I have booked 2 x encore resort suite king through FHR (canadian plat).
I was told the benefits were: room upgrade, 4 pm checkout, breakfast for 2 and $100 spa certificate. (benefits are per room).

2 questions:
1- how is the encore resort suite king? Pictures look nice.

2- What upgrades, if any, one would expect with my booking?

Thanx.
Normally you got upgrade to paroramic suite.
But last year I booked 2 Encore Resort Suite King by FHR and when I check-in I got upgraded to Tower Suite King with higher floor, which was great upgrade because with tower suite card I got line pass to the Buffet and easy access to get my car in the front door.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:10 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Recently had one night at the Bellagio through FHR. Hotel said they were fully booked but were able to upgrade me from the King Deluxe basic room to a Fountain View room. (We did tip the woman at check-in and she said normally if they are fully booked they are unable to upgrade). She did offer a larger Tower King Room or something like that, but we wanted to watch the fountains and they were worth it!! They also did give a packet at check-in with the 85 Olives lunch or 100 Spa credit. We used the Olives lunch credit and it was fantastic and easily covered the full meal with appetizer, two non-alcoholic drinks, and two entrees. Also received two 20.00 breakfast coupons that were redeemable at the buffet and several of the cafes. We used them for the buffet and they fully covered that expense. It was fantastic and very well worth the 152/night rate we received!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.