Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Paying with a different card...

I know it's been discussed before, but any recent experience in regards to which hotels will accept a different form of payment at check out other than an Amex, when booking an FHR rate?

Last edited by clubman; Jun 27, 2014 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by clubman
I know it's been discussed before, but any recent experience in regards to which hotels will accept a different form of payment at check out other than an Amex, when booking an FHR rate?
My mother tried to pay when we were staying at the Wynn TS (she doesn't have an AMEX). But they are strictly AMEX only with FHR.

Last edited by United747; Jun 27, 2014 at 10:51 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by United747
My mother tried to pay when we were staying at the Wynn TS (she doesn't have an AMEX). But they are strictly AMEX only with FHR.
Your Mother is very kind.
Separate question : can you book FHR hotel for someone else ?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Quote:

Only if you are staying at the same time (more or less) is my understanding.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:18 pm

The AMEX used is required with ID so yes as long as you're present at least for the checkin is my understanding
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Only if you are staying at the same time (more or less) is my understanding.
Originally Posted by bizum
The AMEX used is required with ID so yes as long as you're present at least for the checkin is my understanding
I am in the process of making a reservation in Chicago and it says this online:

NOTE: The room must be reserved in the name of the Cardmember making the reservation.
Then below that it proceeds to have my name filled in without me being able to change it.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Aria Sky Suites, upgrade to Villa for FHR?

Currently booked a 2BR Penthouse Sky Suite for 2 Nights mid-week in July, anyone With FHR experiences?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:04 pm

I am in the process of making a reservation in Chicago and it says this online:

Then below that it proceeds to have my name filled in without me being able to change it.
Does US FHR hotels always ask for ID?
If you have the same Family name but a different first name that could work ?

Lately I have booked a point stay at a RC in the US for my Brother and forgot to change the first name on the reservation. He told me afterward that they did ask for an ID and didn't mention anything..
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

Does US FHR hotels always ask for ID?
If you have the same Family name but a different first name that could work ?

Lately I have booked a point stay at a RC in the US for my Brother and forgot to change the first name on the reservation. He told me afterward that they did ask for an ID and didn't mention anything..
I've been asked at the Wynn TS as well as the Park Hyatt in Chicago. I think it's SOP to always ask for ID to cross reference with the CC.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:41 pm

I recently completed a four night stay at Wynn via the 4th night free promotion. Booked a Wynn Tower Suite and was upgraded to a Parlor Suite. This was my first time staying on the Wynn side as usually I make a few trips per year and stay at Encore. Would not hesitate to stay on the Wynn side again, in fact think I preferred the room decorations versus Encore. $80 per day breakfast credit and $100 spa credit were removed without asking. Gratuity not included in the $80 breakfast credit. 4th night free was not automatically credited, but charges promptly removed after bringing it to attention of front desk.

Overall this is a great property. The rooms, restaurants, pool areas, and golf course are great. It’s become my go to property in Las Vegas and the FHR benefits are a nice plus.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:30 pm

Recent Four Seasons Experiences? And a Bellagio tip.

Has anyone had an FHR stay recently at the Four Seasons in Vegas? I have never stayed at the Four Seasons there (I typically do FHR stays at Bellagio, Wynn, or Skylofts), but I'm thinking of attending a conference at Mandalay Bay and figure Four Seasons (or possibly THEHotel) would be the most convenient place to stay. If anyone has recent experiences or tips, please let me know.

Also, here's a tip of my own: I've had a couple FHR stays at Bellagio this year, and during the first one, I had to leave town before breakfast to beat a snowstorm heading to the east coast. So I had two breakfast vouchers I wasn't able to use, but I hung on to them. On my next visit, I spoke with the check-in desk, and they said there's no problem using past vouchers on future trips. They do have an expiration date on them, but for the current ones, it's sometime in 2015, I believe. The check-in lady said as long as they haven't expired, you can still use them, and I was able to do that on my second trip, inviting some family along for breakfast. I'm not sure if you can use them if you're not currently staying in Bellagio, though, as you're supposed to write your name and room number down on the tickets. Anyway, this was a pleasant surprise, which could come in handy if you're not able to use all the vouchers during a stay. (Many trips I'm solo and collect two per day, which makes it hard to use them up!)
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by scott1212
The check-in lady said as long as they haven't expired, you can still use them, and I was able to do that on my second trip, inviting some family along for breakfast. I'm not sure if you can use them if you're not currently staying in Bellagio, though, as you're supposed to write your name and room number down on the tickets.
Agreed! we had several leftover that we used on a later trip. The other nice thing is how you can use several a day at different locations inside Bellagio.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:24 am

forgot to mention this

Originally Posted by mrfussion
4th night free was not automatically credited, but charges promptly removed after bringing it to attention of front desk.
I had the same issue.

Last edited by bizum; Jul 2, 2014 at 10:25 am Reason: fixed html
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by scott1212
Has anyone had an FHR stay recently at the Four Seasons in Vegas? I have never stayed at the Four Seasons there (I typically do FHR stays at Bellagio, Wynn, or Skylofts), but I'm thinking of attending a conference at Mandalay Bay and figure Four Seasons (or possibly THEHotel) would be the most convenient place to stay. If anyone has recent experiences or tips, please let me know.
There's a long thread in the Luxury Hotels forum comparing the Four Seasons to the Mandarin Oriental.

I've done FHR at the 4S numerous times but not since they jettisoned the dinner benefit for the spa. The old way was very good. You usually get an upgrade, and the breakfast benefit is quite generous -- particularly if you are there on the weekend. The Saturday/Sunday breakfast buffet is terrific. Not Mansion level like you get at Skylofts but better than the other places you have stayed.

One note: it's a relatively small pool area (with good service) but there will be lots of kids there in the summer.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
There's a long thread in the Luxury Hotels forum comparing the Four Seasons to the Mandarin Oriental.

I've done FHR at the 4S numerous times but not since they jettisoned the dinner benefit for the spa. The old way was very good. You usually get an upgrade, and the breakfast benefit is quite generous -- particularly if you are there on the weekend. The Saturday/Sunday breakfast buffet is terrific. Not Mansion level like you get at Skylofts but better than the other places you have stayed.

One note: it's a relatively small pool area (with good service) but there will be lots of kids there in the summer.
Thanks for the thoughts. I found and reviewed the thread you mentioned -- it's at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...las-vegas.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.