Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Gaber228
Similar booking this past weekend 12/1/12.

Booked Encore Tower Suite via FHR
Upgraded to Parlor Suite at check-in without having to ask.
Front desk also hands you a welcome letter that outlines the AmEx FHR benefits
- 2 x $40 breakfast credit inclusive of in-room dining (I didn't double check the fine print of a non-FHR booking but I guess without FHR maybe the "free breakfast" doesn't apply to in-room dining? - we used in-room breakfast and had to remind them to credit our bill $80 upon check-out as it wasn't automatically done)
-$100 spa credit (did not use)
-4pm checkout upon request (which I requested) - if you don't request 4pm, they give you 1pm

Had a great stay. Booking a "regular" Tower Suite to get upgraded to the Parlor Suite is definitely great. I believe the upgrade for one night pays for the annual platinum fee in itself.
how long was your stay and what time did you checking if you don't mind me asking?
I also checked in 12/1 (about 1pm) to a encore tower suite but didn't get an upgrade to parlor this time. i was staying 4 nights
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
here is my impression.. i got in on thursday night, checked out on sunday night
+ virtually no line at check in
+ 4pm checkout was very useful with a 6pm flight out
+ breakfast at "the cafe" was good, at almost exactly $80 or so for 2
+ view from the 27th floor was nice
+ short cab line

- there was no upgrade for me (booked V, stayed at V, H was not available, i guess)
- there is some kind of renovation going, so cabs had to go through the garage
- the rooms were very dated, very 90ies ambiance, furniture had "old" smell to it
- the Bath house was not impressive.. for $25 i would expect much more.

= Manny Pacquiao and Sugar Shane Mosley were staying at theHotel as well, so there was some extra commotion about it.

Overall,I would say don't do it. There are plenty of other hotels on the strip that offer more for less.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by geoffk
how long was your stay and what time did you checking if you don't mind me asking?
I also checked in 12/1 (about 1pm) to a encore tower suite but didn't get an upgrade to parlor this time. i was staying 4 nights
Did you ask about the upgrade ? When I don't get offered the FHR upgrade at checkin (and I have already checked that there is availability for my stay), I usually ask and offer to check in later when that room becomes available.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by geoffk
Our flight landed around 11 am on 12/1 and we only stayed for 1 night. I did notice that the woman checking us in had to pick up the phone to ask if a parlor was available as I assume her computer did not show any available.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYCflip
Stayed at the Bellagio this past weekend. Booked through FHR. Was offered the upgrade but sadly I needed a 2 queen bed, non smoking room. So I opted not to take the upgrade. I didn't mind it as I was barely in the room.

Received the usual late check out, breakfast vouchers (which I calculated to be approx $15pp/day for continental breakfast), and the $100 spa/$85 Olive's lunch Credit. Used the credit for Olive's and gave a hefty tip to the server to meet the $85 spend.
Thanks for this info - I'd spoken to Amex Plat Travel a month or so ago and they were saying it was spa only, so good to hear they're still offering $85 Olives. Not staying until April though so will need to see nearer the time what FHR benefits are on offer!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
I don't think the tip counts towards the $85 spend at Olives. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure alcohol and tip are not included in the credit.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:17 am

Anyone stayed at the Palazzo now that it's a FHR property? Just wondering what the $100 food and beverage credit is able to be used for. I decided to try it next month so I'll report back then if no one else has tried it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jandersinc
I don't think the tip counts towards the $85 spend at Olives. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure alcohol and tip are not included in the credit.
TBH I'm not so bothered about that as long as they're still offering an alternative to spending it on the spa! The PTS agent seemed to think only spa but good to hear different on here.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
re THEhotel

Is the $100 spa credit valid at The Bathhouse and Spa Mandalay?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:34 am

Yes, you can use it at either.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Yes, you can use it at either.
That has not been my experience although it has been a yr since my last visit. I was told you can only use at The Bathhouse. You may want to double check with the hotel.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:57 pm

Last time I was there (~2 months ago) they said I could use it at either. Did not actually try to use it at Mandalay though.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Interesting, Well I was not charged anything so I hope I didn't stiff the waitress out of a tip.

As for the Spa credit, on the voucher it clearly stated that you can use it for either the spa or at Olives (lunch). Hopefully it doesn't change as it is a great benefit!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
At THE hotel, checked in today. Booked 3 V suites for one night. Asked for one to be upgraded to an H suite. None available.

Instead I am in a 2,060 square foot E suite! This place is rediculously huge.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
For an upcoming 1 night stay, I'm deciding between a V suite (possible upgrade to H or E suite) at theHotel for $104 or a Tower Suite at Encore (usually upgraded to parlor suite) for $251.

I'm leaning towards theHotel for the $$$ savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.