Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
I LOVE staying at the Bellagio as my favorite hotel in Vegas and always use the FHR program for my stay. One nice unspoken perk that the staff always accommodates-- if you use the breakfast vouchers in the café in the morning, there is always a long line. The staff once told me we could use the "invited guest" line with the FHR breakfast vouchers to cut the line and it works like a charm every time! Never had a problem. I'm looking forward to the next visit in November when we have a Penthouse Suite booked through FHR. Generally, if I remember, they let you use the invited guest check in and always the invited guest lines for the restaurants if you are staying in the suites as well. Our FHR upgrades through the years have never failed to give us a fountain view and I hope it will work out with the Penthouse Suite as well! We are also excited about trying out the new Centurion Lounge at McCarron Airport and will check in a few hours early on the trip home!
I have asked for and gotten a "line pass" at check in on an FHR stay at the Bellagio, even in the lowest room category, which grants you access to the shorter lines at various places including the buffet (where the line can be very long). Definitely worth asking.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:29 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Any idea if Aria, Vdara or Cosmo plan on pursuing/joining FHR? I've done FHR at Bellagio and THEHotel and I loved it. Is there a proximity issue with MO?
Aria and Vdara are also part of the Visa Signature Hotels program, which is less generous than FHR but still includes late check-out, room upgrade, breakfast, priority check-in, and a $25 F&B credit. Aria also regularly has bonuses through Visa Signature, including right now, for a further $100 resort credit for stays of 2 or more nights. You do have to book the "special offer" on the Visa Signature Hotels site to get the extra credit.

Aria, Vdara, and various other Vegas MGM properties are also part of the Amex Gold Hotels program, open to Amex Gold card or better holders (including Plat/Centurion cards). That program includes a room upgrade and a $75 food & beverage credit, but no breakfast or late check-out.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Multiple room bookings

This isn't necessarily just Vegas related but as I'm looking to book at TheHotel I thought I would post here...

Is there any limit to the number of rooms I can book on the same stay? I'm looking to book 3 rooms under my FHR benefits for an upcoming trade show.

I assume I would have to have all the rooms on my name and can just add my colleagues as the second guests? (At least when booking online it looks like that's the way to do it).

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
My understanding is that you're limited to 3 FHR rooms per cardmember. I've personally been able to book 2 under my name then add a colleague as a second guest without issue. This was at Encore last year.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
just completed 3 nights at Palazzo. First night was points (yes, 50k (mayweather fight weekend)). Second was annual cert. Third was FHR. Invited Guest check-in took about 10 minutes due to the convolutedness but was flawless. Very impressed that all of that can be done and I never have to come back to the desk while having 3 separate reservations.

We received upgrade to stip view all 3 nights despite it being a busy weekend (booked two rooms). 15th floor and the other couple was only two doors down from our room.

The $40 daily breakfast credit at Grand Lux Cafe is incredible. The portions are huge and quality was excellent. I had Chicken and pecan waffles. Wife had rancheros. Buddy had the breakfast sandwich. His wife had french toast. None of us finished our meals. They have such a large selection of food that I would have no issue using the additional food/bev credit here, either.

The $100 food/bev credit is also nice in that it can be used at most every eatery at the P. There were only two or three that weren't part of it. Instead of suffering anal carnage at Lagasse's Stadium in the form of $100 food/bev min PER PERSON on an NFL Sunday, we went next door to the Dal Toro lounge and watched 9ers/Seahawks. They have some good food/bev deals during games for Vegas standards. $20 coors light buckets, $6 nachos, $15 wings, $6 moz sticks. The wings were huge.

Still had $30 remaining the morning of check out so we used it on the all american breakfast for in-suite dining. nice setup altho gratuity and a $5 delivery fee were added. brings that $27 breakfast up to $40-45 rather easily for one person. wife and I split and it was enough for us for a while.

If you use credit on the last morning before check out, MAKE SURE it is applied. Mine was not and I had to go back to the front desk to have them manually check. One thing I didn't like was that the bill did not show balances taken off at places you used the food/bev credit at.

Had an awesome time but if rooms are practically identical, I'd stay at Venetian next time since they have a legit sports book and more gaming options.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by clubman
This isn't necessarily just Vegas related but as I'm looking to book at TheHotel I thought I would post here...

Is there any limit to the number of rooms I can book on the same stay? I'm looking to book 3 rooms under my FHR benefits for an upcoming trade show.

I assume I would have to have all the rooms on my name and can just add my colleagues as the second guests? (At least when booking online it looks like that's the way to do it).

Thanks!
As ffsim said the limit is 3 rooms per cardmember, though it is on a per-property basis which is handy in Vegas--if you needed more rooms, you could also book 3 rooms at the Four Seasons, 3 rooms at Bellagio, etc. You may need to be present to get them checked in with the full FHR benefits (Bellagio has been known to be a stickler about this, though I wouldn't be surprised if TheHotel was more relaxed), so probably easiest to leave all the rooms under your name and just sort out re-naming the reservations at check in.

In other news TheHotel is soon rebranding to the Delano Las Vegas, so we may be losing it as an FHR option ... at the very least we'll probably be losing it as a cheap option
http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/20...+Vegas+in+2013
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks guys, 3 rooms is exactly what I need... ^
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mrredskin
just completed 3 nights at Palazzo. First night was points (yes, 50k (mayweather fight weekend)). Second was annual cert. Third was FHR. Invited Guest check-in took about 10 minutes due to the convolutedness but was flawless. Very impressed that all of that can be done and I never have to come back to the desk while having 3 separate reservations.

We received upgrade to stip view all 3 nights despite it being a busy weekend (booked two rooms). 15th floor and the other couple was only two doors down from our room.

The $40 daily breakfast credit at Grand Lux Cafe is incredible. The portions are huge and quality was excellent. I had Chicken and pecan waffles. Wife had rancheros. Buddy had the breakfast sandwich. His wife had french toast. None of us finished our meals. They have such a large selection of food that I would have no issue using the additional food/bev credit here, either.

The $100 food/bev credit is also nice in that it can be used at most every eatery at the P. There were only two or three that weren't part of it. Instead of suffering anal carnage at Lagasse's Stadium in the form of $100 food/bev min PER PERSON on an NFL Sunday, we went next door to the Dal Toro lounge and watched 9ers/Seahawks. They have some good food/bev deals during games for Vegas standards. $20 coors light buckets, $6 nachos, $15 wings, $6 moz sticks. The wings were huge.

Still had $30 remaining the morning of check out so we used it on the all american breakfast for in-suite dining. nice setup altho gratuity and a $5 delivery fee were added. brings that $27 breakfast up to $40-45 rather easily for one person. wife and I split and it was enough for us for a while.

If you use credit on the last morning before check out, MAKE SURE it is applied. Mine was not and I had to go back to the front desk to have them manually check. One thing I didn't like was that the bill did not show balances taken off at places you used the food/bev credit at.

Had an awesome time but if rooms are practically identical, I'd stay at Venetian next time since they have a legit sports book and more gaming options.
I thought the $100 dining credit is a one-time, use all at once?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA
The Hotel changing hands - getting rundown?

Considering a FHR stay at The Hotel.

Will pick another hotel if they are not keeping the place up due to the fact the property is going to be run by a different management company in the near future. (And called some other name)

Can anyone who has stayed there in last two or three months comment on the upkeep of the property?

I question why The Hotel would still be included in the FHR program if they are letting the upkeep diminish.

hytail

Last edited by hytail; Sep 23, 2013 at 5:50 pm Reason: missed a word
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Stayed at THE Hotel within last week.

Check-in was quick at 1pm.
Upgraded from basic to corner V suite

Hotel is solid value as FHR - not a 5* though. Waited 10 mins on hold to get in touch with Guest svcs. Pool is rammed.
The 2nd upper pool at back has become a dayclub thereby reducing alternate pool option.
Was offered and used the 4p checkout.
Got some items at Coffee Bar using the $80 credit.

Not sure what else you want to know?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by hytail

Will pick another hotel if they are not keeping the place up due to the fact the property is going to be run by a different management company in the near future. (And called some other name)

Can anyone who has stayed there in last two or three months comment on the upkeep of the property?

I question why The Hotel would still be included in the FHR program if they are letting the upkeep diminish.

hytail
Give a concrete example of what you're asking. What does "Upkeep" mean
It's the same furniture, obviously getting older
Pool area busy, clean.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:16 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hytail

Supposedly the renovations leading to the reflagging as a Delano have not started yet and may start at the end of this year or early 2014.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Supposedly the renovations leading to the reflagging as a Delano have not started yet and may start at the end of this year or early 2014.
Checkin girl told me cutover delayed from Dec 2013 to Apr 2014.
Saw nothing going on anywhere related to Delano.
Signs had been changed to include MJ's show ..... About the only difference I saw since my last visit in May
Old Sep 29, 2013, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TheHotel seems to have been removed from FHR

Just looked on the amex travel website to book another room at 'THEhotel' (already have one booked), but strangely it seems to have disappeared overnight from the list of hotels offered, and instead it now offers Mandalay Bay with FHR benefits as well as a cheaper option without the benefits...

Checking other dates seems to bring up similar results with 'THEhotel' nowhere to be found...

Anyone know anything official about them removing the hotel from FHR and if so what now with the booking I already have with them?

MGM Grand also seems to have been added to the list of FHR overnight by the way...

Last edited by clubman; Sep 29, 2013 at 5:30 am
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clubman
Just looked on the amex travel website to book another room at 'THEhotel' (already have one booked), but strangely it seems to have disappeared overnight from the list of hotels offered, and instead it now offers Mandalay Bay with FHR benefits as well as a cheaper option without the benefits...

Checking other dates seems to bring up similar results with 'THEhotel' nowhere to be found...

Anyone know anything official about them removing the hotel from FHR and if so what now with the booking I already have with them?

MGM Grand also seems to have been added to the list of FHR overnight by the way...
You must be in the wrong place. I do not see any of this. Just The Hotel which is still there. Are you sure you aren't seeing Skylofts at MGM grand?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.