Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by hubert81

I found an information on the website (Your Encore Tower Suite includes daily in-room breakfast for two).
Is that a full american breakfast, a continental or can I select from the menue??

And what happens to the FHR breakfast credit, will I get the FHR Credit on top??
Once you book with FHR, the $30 pp breakfast credit is the only one you will get. This is similar to the offering that comes with the TS booking so I would consider it the same.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:02 am

Encore FHR $40 breaksfats credit

I will be staying at the Encore in 2 weeks celebrating my husband's 40th birthday. I see there is a $40 credit p/p for breakfast; however, I see the buffet breakfast for example cost 19.99 (let's say $25 with taxes). Can I use the remainder $15 later on, for a snack in some of the other participant locations, or it has to be spend in the morning...?
Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by lookcle
I will be staying at the Encore in 2 weeks celebrating my husband's 40th birthday. I see there is a $40 credit p/p for breakfast; however, I see the buffet breakfast for example cost 19.99 (let's say $25 with taxes). Can I use the remainder $15 later on, for a snack in some of the other participant locations, or it has to be spend in the morning...?
Thanks
Pretty sure it has to be spent at one time. I dint think they allow carry over to another meal.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:00 pm

Mandarin Oriental

-$245/night for standard room, upgraded to Cityview.
-FHR benefits explained. $25/day breakfast credit, to be taken at MOZen or through room service (see below).
-$100 spa credit - can be used to spa access
-4pm checkout (didn't use)

I was underwhelmed with this property. The room wasn't particularly big, certainly not like the Encore/Wynn panorama rooms. The continental breakfast offering was well-prepared but measly. Again, in contrast one can have a feast with Wynncore's very generous breakfast amenity. I was charged the overage for the in room dining fee, which also irked me. I had lunch at MOZen separately and was not impressed with the slow service and bland food.

The Spa is a winner. Perhaps one of the nicest layouts I've seen. Small, but very well-appointed and very attentive service. The hot tub overlooking the strip is just fantastic.

The Mandarin bar is a great place for a drink.

I didn't care for the resort fee ($25).

All in all, I'm unlikely to return and will stick to the Encore.

Last edited by 19103_aa; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lookcle
Thanks
When I stayed at Encore in November, IIRC there was a cutoff time of 11AM for using the FHR food credits.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone know if there is any deals with FHR at this time of the year? I found that there is a 200$ resort credit at the Encore but it's for a 3 nights minimum stay and I'm in Vegas for 1 night only. For one night it seems to be spa credit only...
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Toule911
Does anyone know if there is any deals with FHR at this time of the year? I found that there is a 200$ resort credit at the Encore but it's for a 3 nights minimum stay and I'm in Vegas for 1 night only. For one night it seems to be spa credit only...
Thanks in advance for your help!
Just log on to the website and take a look at what they are offering. I was just a Encore last month and didn't do the 3 night minimum, but still got all the amenities.

It is all explained on the Amex travel website.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Just log on to the website and take a look at what they are offering. I was just a Encore last month and didn't do the 3 night minimum, but still got all the amenities.

It is all explained on the Amex travel website.

I'm a canadian cardholder; the only thing that we have is an old pdf document that is no longer valid. There is no booking website in canada for FHR/plat older
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [Beginning Q4 2010]

No specials in Vegas right now for a one night stay
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:24 am

Hi everyone,

Two quick questions:

I will be staying at the Wynn for 4 nights starting tomorrow (Wed) night. I do not yet have an Amex Platinum but am likely going to get one in advance of my honeymoon anyway so I thought - why not now?

1. If I am approved today will I be able to apply the card to my stay starting in less than 24 hours from now?

2. Are the rates that you book thru Amex competitive? For example, when looking to book a hotel in Bangkok there is an site called Agoda that offers great rates. On the whole, is booking thru Amex often more $$ that is "returned" in the value of the upgrade, etc.?

And can you show your Amex at check in and get the upgrade benefits for a reservation made elsewhere?

Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by jakemalloy
Hi everyone,

Two quick questions:

I will be staying at the Wynn for 4 nights starting tomorrow (Wed) night. I do not yet have an Amex Platinum but am likely going to get one in advance of my honeymoon anyway so I thought - why not now?

1. If I am approved today will I be able to apply the card to my stay starting in less than 24 hours from now?

2. Are the rates that you book thru Amex competitive? For example, when looking to book a hotel in Bangkok there is an site called Agoda that offers great rates. On the whole, is booking thru Amex often more $$ that is "returned" in the value of the upgrade, etc.?

And can you show your Amex at check in and get the upgrade benefits for a reservation made elsewhere?

Thanks everyone.
Upgrade benefits are only valid for FHR reservations. You can't just show your card on a regular reservation and get the benefits.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by rhyxcom
Upgrade benefits are only valid for FHR reservations. You can't just show your card on a regular reservation and get the benefits.
Thanks.In your experience are the Amex FHR prices competitive to what I might get booking via the hotel website or a site like Expedia, etc.?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... are the Amex FHR prices competitive to what I might get booking via the hotel website or a site like Expedia, etc.?
If you mean in Las Vegas the question is appropriate for this thread. If you mean elsewhere, I suggest you read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ervations.html
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Thanks.In your experience are the Amex FHR prices competitive to what I might get booking via the hotel website or a site like Expedia, etc.?
If for the Wynn it is usually a touch less via FHR than direct on Wynn.com
Its a shame you ran out and got the plat card as Virtuoso's offer at the Wynn is basically the same and doesn't cost you the annual Amex fee
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ABG
If for the Wynn it is usually a touch less via FHR than direct on Wynn.com
Its a shame you ran out and got the plat card as Virtuoso's offer at the Wynn is basically the same and doesn't cost you the annual Amex fee
I have not gotten the Plat yet. But I don't know anything about Virtuoso. But to be clear, I am considering the Amex for a number of reasons. The stay at the Wynn is just a timing coincidence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.