Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Closed Thread

Old Feb 15, 13, 11:01 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!
A lot of the questions posed in the last day can be answered within this thread by searching, or also by viewing the parent thread on the FHR program - non Las Vegas.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your travels.
Old Feb 17, 13, 10:11 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
1 Husband is card holder but is not accompanying me. We have different last names. Anyone think this will be a problem? At checkout on FHR site it requires booking in his name. I can take his Plat Amex or can take my own gold amex.

2 I need to book 2 rooms. One for me, one for best girl friend. If I book at the same time, will we both get the spa credit, etc?

3 We only need one breakfast per room. Could we do lunch for the other included breakfast? Or maybe a drink or something?

4 Is it possible to book 2 nights at Wynn and last night at Encore or elsewhere and get spa credit twice?

5 I read on here somewhere that spa credit was split up for two people. Can one person use entire spa credit for one "service"?
I bolded and numbered your questions to make it easier to answer.

1. Yes, it will be a problem unless the desk clerk that checks you in and out is really not sharp. Consider Virtuoso as a way to solve this problem as there is no membership requirement
2. yes you can book more than one room under FHR for a single stay
3. I believe at the Wynn it is a fixed credit for breakfast. Doesn't matter if you are one or two people. They won't be flexible
4. Yes... but you have to check out and check back in again. Makes your problem in question 1 even harder
5. Sorry, no idea.
Old Feb 17, 13, 1:36 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
The spa credit can be split between 2 people for day passes (except at Bellagio) or something but it certainly won't be nearly enough to cover one service let alone 2.
Old Feb 17, 13, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Amex Plat, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
Does anyone have any recent experience at the Wynn? Is the Parlor Suite the biggest room available?

Besides free breakfast, late checkout, and the 100 spa credit, are there any other benefits?
I going with a group of 4 (including me). If we get 1 giant room, will everyone get a breakfast credit, or is that only for 2 people max?

Also, if we end up getting more than 1 room, will each room get the FHR benefits...or only the room that I am in if I am the one booking?
Salon Suite is the highest room category you can upgrade to...
Old Feb 17, 13, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ABG View Post

1. Yes, it will be a problem unless the desk clerk that checks you in and out is really not sharp. Consider Virtuoso as a way to solve this problem as there is no membership requirement
3. I believe at the Wynn it is a fixed credit for breakfast. Doesn't matter if you are one or two people. They won't be flexible
4. Yes... but you have to check out and check back in again. Makes your problem in question 1 even harder
5. Sorry, no idea.

Thanks so much for the reply. I ended up reserving two rooms: one in husband name, one in mine (it did let me change the name for second room). I think if I have a problem I will say husband is arriving late and then left early or whatever. Meanwhile I will call Amex to see what I can do.
Old Feb 18, 13, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ABG View Post

5. Sorry, no idea.
Well. I thought I should follow up in case anyone else has this question in the future. I called both Amex FHR and Wynn and BOTH were adamant about the cardholder being there with the Platinum card at check in. I honestly didn't want to deal with the risk of them giving me a hard time, so I canceled it.

But I went over to visasignaturehotels.com and booked the same exact thing as FHR with only one difference. Price was the same; free b-fast, free upgrade; 3pm "if available" checkout (granted, not guaranteed but I didn't need that anyway); instead of $100 spa credit, we got $25 dining credit.

I've had that visa sig for 10 years and never even knew about the hotel benefit. Grrrr.
Old Mar 2, 13, 2:44 am

Programs: OF Silver, Starwood Corporate, LH m&m, HHonors Blue.
Encore Tower Suite Breakfast

Can someone tell me, what kind of in-room breakfast is offered at a Encore Tower Suite Room?

I found an information on the website (Your Encore Tower Suite includes daily in-room breakfast for two).
Is that a full american breakfast, a continental or can I select from the menue??

And what happens to the FHR breakfast credit, will I get the FHR Credit on top?? Or will I lose the credit??

Thank You for a reply.

Yours
Frank

Last edited by hubert81; Mar 2, 13 at 2:55 am
Old Mar 2, 13, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, SPG Gold, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Four Seasons 2/26 one night.
Booked Superior. Upgrade to Deluxe.
Dinner up to $85 at Veranda
Breakfast including room service comped, no limit given. Was charged an "administrative fee" for room service at checkout.
$22 for valet.
$25 resort fee for Internet, spa/gym, pools.
Took advantage of noon checkin and 4pm checkout. Room not ready til 1230.
No discussion of FHR amenities I had to ask about everything.
Room remodel is very good in my opinion but preferred l'Occitane bath products which are replaced.
Old Mar 2, 13, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K View Post
Room remodel is very good in my opinion but preferred l'Occitane bath products which are replaced.
What brand do they use now?

My previous stay at FS Miami they replaced with a very artificial and cheap smelling brand. I wonder if this is a trend with all the FS?
Old Mar 2, 13, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, SPG Gold, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I didn't take note of the name though I think I saw a made in Italy label. Didn't even take any home I disliked them that much. A sort of black and white checkered label.
Old Mar 2, 13, 9:37 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by davis237 View Post
In case anyone is interested. I will be visiting the Skylofts at MGM again this month, and the following are their new amenities (at the bottom)

SKYLOFTS luxury hotel amenities include:
24-hour personal Butler service including Spa and Dream Butlers
Complimentary round trip airport transfers in a SKYLOFT limo, subject to availability, party size and number of luggage
Private, secured elevator access
In-LOFT espresso machine with complimentary custom selection of exclusive coffees and teas
Custom private bar with selection of complimentary juices, soft drinks, still and sparkling waters
Private in-LOFT fax number
Pre-arrival Concierge to confirm complimentary round trip airport transfers and assistance for K, Cirque du Soleil's newest performance at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Crazy Horse Paris Bar at MGM Grand, Hollywood Theatre and MGM Grand restaurants - Jol Robuchon, L'ATELIER, Craftsteak, FiAMMA, Pearl, Shibuya, NOBHILL, and Emeril's
Exclusive access to Shadow Creek, an 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course carved out of the Nevada desert, certain restrictions apply and tee times are based upon availability.

In addition, you will also receive Fine Hotel and Resort Amenities:
15% off the prevailing rate.
In-Loft Dining Credit: One bedroom $100, Two Bedroom $200 and Three Bedroom $300 per day
$100 Spa credit per LOFT per stay - no cash value/non transferable.
Spa credit is redeemable toward spa services only.
Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out.
12:00pm check-in at time of arrival, based upon availability
There are only a handful of multi-bedroom Skylofts and the lofts are otherwise identical. There's nothing to upgrade you to other than the Mansion. The larger lofts do have quirky amenities like a Foosball table.
Old Mar 3, 13, 3:16 pm

Are the deposits nonrefundable? It seems one person here had difficulties getting his deposit back, but he did get it eventually.
Old Mar 3, 13, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic
Originally Posted by TheAJ View Post
Are the deposits nonrefundable? It seems one person here had difficulties getting his deposit back, but he did get it eventually.
Refundable. Never had an issue over many years.
Old Mar 6, 13, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Travelergcp View Post
There are only a handful of multi-bedroom Skylofts and the lofts are otherwise identical. There's nothing to upgrade you to other than the Mansion. The larger lofts do have quirky amenities like a Foosball table.
As i stated in a previous post, i was upgraded at least 4 times from a 1 to a 2 bedroom before their change in policy. No big deal. I like the $200/day food credit for the 2 bedroom. It was almost enough to pay for our breakfast for 2 at the Mansion
Old Mar 6, 13, 3:21 pm

Poor experience at the Bellagio using American Express FHR. We booked the Bellagio Suite and they would not provide a complimentary upgrade to the Bellagio Suite with the Fountain View (as I have read on the forums does happen quite a bit). However they would upgrade us for $50. I found that odd since on the website the price difference between the rooms is only $30.

Spa credit of $100 or Olives lunch (and only lunch) for $85 is still around. Breakfast coupons are for a Continental Breakfast at either Cafe Bellagio, Palio, Gelato, or Pool cafe. Continental Breakfast includes coffee or tea, juice, and choice of toast, bagel, muffin or Danish.

Just a warning to anyone else considering Bellagio for FHR and expecting an upgraded room. Don't count on it.

Search this Thread