Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Closed Thread

Old Jan 24, 13, 7:12 pm

booked FHR rate for a Wynn Tower suites King, upon check in at the Tower suites front desk, i was upgraded without having to ask, to a parlor suite. WOW, that was a exceptional suite!

After 3 nights in a parlor suite, we walked over the Pallzzo for 1 night on the FHR, booked lowest room, told i got upgraded to the view suite. Agent also mentioned there were further paid upgrades available. I was interested and finally decided to pay $150 more for a sienna suite(1400 sq ft) with an exercise room, basically a 1 bedroom suite. Suite was large, but very ho-hum, in comparison to the Parlor suite at the Wynn.

Steve Wynn made a believer out of me, everything is first rate at his hotel!
Old Jan 25, 13, 7:42 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by longhorn11 View Post
I was going to ask about the Four Seasons as well, I thought I was going to do the Palazzo but may be rethinking it based on how generous they are with credits. Any recent experiences? I also read that the Palazzo doesn't have in room breakfast but the Four Seasons does. Is that still the case? Thanks.
I stayed at Palazzo for CES and there is definitely not in-room breakfast. Furthermore, the breakfast is ONLY the continental breakfast in the Grand Luxe Cafe which consists of coffee, a muffin, 3 pastries and a small fruit plate, with no buyup option to anything else.
Old Jan 25, 13, 12:23 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Just stayed at THE Hotel and Palazzo for one night each.

THE Hotel: Paid $104. No upgrade from the V suite I booked (friend that works there confirmed they were sold out). $100 at the spa. $80 for food at The Cafe, which apparently now can only be used the morning after you check in. We usually grabbed lunch as soon as we get there and then grab breakfast the morning after. At checkout ~$45 was on the bill and I was told I had to spend the whole $80 in the morning after check in. They took it off without a problem but said that was a new change from Amex.

Palazzo: Paid $149. Upgraded to view suite with several discounted upgraded options (decent upgrade prices, but didn't take any). $100 food credit used at "Cut" steakhouse. Good food, a bit pricey, but I'd go back. Received some coupons for buy one get one free drinks and one free coffee or tea at one of the cafe's. Didn't get up early to take advantage of the wonderful "muffin only" breakfast. So I can't confirm the mediocreness (is that a word?) of the breakfast. Overall good stay and I'd stay again.
Old Jan 25, 13, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis CC, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by reggie108 View Post
booked FHR rate for a Wynn Tower suites King, upon check in at the Tower suites front desk, i was upgraded without having to ask, to a parlor suite. WOW, that was a exceptional suite!
Good to know because I will be at Encore at the beginning of February. Hopefully a decent upgrade will be waiting for me.

Originally Posted by jandersinc View Post
Just stayed at THE Hotel and Palazzo for one night each.

THE Hotel: Paid $104. No upgrade from the V suite I booked (friend that works there confirmed they were sold out). $100 at the spa. $80 for food at The Cafe, which apparently now can only be used the morning after you check in. We usually grabbed lunch as soon as we get there and then grab breakfast the morning after. At checkout ~$45 was on the bill and I was told I had to spend the whole $80 in the morning after check in. They took it off without a problem but said that was a new change from Amex.
Could the problem have been that you were trying to split the credit up between two different meals. I was there at the end of December and we had no problem using the credit for our breakfast, however, as you stated, you grabbed lunch when you got there, so that was probably the meal that the credit was applied to. Had you paid for lunch with a credit card then maybe the breakfast wouldn't have been a problem.

I think I remember seeing that the credit had to be used all at the same time, but it didn't say anything about having to use it the morning of the first day after check in.
Old Jan 25, 13, 11:13 pm

Palazzo: Paid $149. Upgraded to view suite with several discounted upgraded options (decent upgrade prices, but didn't take any). $100 food credit used at "Cut" steakhouse. Good food, a bit pricey, but I'd go back. Received some coupons for buy one get one free drinks and one free coffee or tea at one of the cafe's. Didn't get up early to take advantage of the wonderful "muffin only" breakfast. So I can't confirm the mediocreness (is that a word?) of the breakfast. Overall good stay and I'd stay again.
i confirm that the continental breakfast is poor, borderline insulting (i'd rather they offer nothing) If the Wynn can offer its FHR guests $80 breakfast credit, and the Pallazzo offers this joke of a breakfast as an amenity. I know where i am staying next time.

As i read somewhere up-thread, just for this very fact i will not stay at the Pallazzo again.
Old Jan 26, 13, 12:44 am

I will also add, that on the day that i was going to book the Wynn, i received in the mail, a mailer for a $200 resort credit for the Wynn. As i was already going to book at the Wynn anyways, the credit was just extra sugar!

Add to that, I applied $200/year Canadian Plat Amex travel credit, it made for a very enjoyable stay.
Old Jan 26, 13, 3:30 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Reference the $80 at THE Hotel. We've always split it between lunch the first day and breakfast the next morning. It's never been a problem till this time. Front desk said this is a recent change.
Old Jan 27, 13, 10:45 am

I remember booking a room for the Palazzo and when we got there they said they were full and shipped us off to the Venetian. Never again.
Old Jan 27, 13, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by Seersucker View Post
I remember booking a room for the Palazzo and when we got there they said they were full and shipped us off to the Venetian. Never again.
Service at Ventian/Palazzo has always been pretty bad. I wont stay at Venetian again and take one of those crummy worn out rooms. I wasnt that impressed with some of their upgraded rooms either. They mostly feel like the 1990s. Front desk mostly surly. Maybe the 20.00 trick works better there.

Last edited by robertw477; Jan 27, 13 at 9:04 pm
Old Jan 27, 13, 8:02 pm

The Hotel is being sold or already has been sold. MGM wanted to unload it rather than upgrade it most likely.
Old Jan 27, 13, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by reggie108 View Post
i confirm that the continental breakfast is poor, borderline insulting (i'd rather they offer nothing) If the Wynn can offer its FHR guests $80 breakfast credit, and the Pallazzo offers this joke of a breakfast as an amenity. I know where i am staying next time.

As i read somewhere up-thread, just for this very fact i will not stay at the Pallazzo again.
Palazzo and Venetian are terrible IMHO. Wynn/Encore much nicer and I have not been in their upgraded rooms either. Vegas in general has become a big rip off. Everyone trying to clip you. One Starbucks will have a certain price and a munute away from that is another location with 20% higher prices. Bagel and cream cheese is probably $5.00 at Wynn. Over the past 20 yrs things have changed alot. The resort fees are a fraud also.
Old Jan 28, 13, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis CC, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by robertw477 View Post
The Hotel is being sold or already has been sold. MGM wanted to unload it rather than upgrade it most likely.
MGM sold it, but they are still going to manage and run the place. The article that I read said that the staff was not going to change.
Old Jan 28, 13, 6:27 pm

Bellagio Las Vegas Amenity Question

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed at Bellagio recently? I'm wondering if they still offer a choice between a $100 spa credit or $85 Olives lunch for the FHR amenity. I know Wynn stopped offering a choice between the lunch or spa credit sometime in the past year or so. I'm hoping Bellagio doesn't follow suit, since I'm not much of a spa guy. :-)
Old Jan 29, 13, 5:32 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scott1212 View Post
Hi there,

Has anyone stayed at Bellagio recently? I'm wondering if they still offer a choice between a $100 spa credit or $85 Olives lunch for the FHR amenity. I know Wynn stopped offering a choice between the lunch or spa credit sometime in the past year or so. I'm hoping Bellagio doesn't follow suit, since I'm not much of a spa guy. :-)
This the thread for you:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...q4-2010-a.html
Old Jan 30, 13, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Universal View Post
Thanks -- I realized my mistake right after posting -- I was posting in the wrong window. Sorry about that!

Search this Thread