Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31, 12, 10:39 am
  #496  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 705
Originally Posted by jandersinc View Post
Anyone stayed at the Palazzo now that it's a FHR property? Just wondering what the $100 food and beverage credit is able to be used for. I decided to try it next month so I'll report back then if no one else has tried it.
You can use the $100 credit at any Palazzo restaurant. It is a one-time credit only meaning you can't split it up. Also you need to make sure your bill is over $100 or the computer won't credit and you will have to have them manually remove (they gave me some pushback saying it needed to be minimum $100 but given Palazzo is still new FHR made an exception).
silver-tls is offline  
Old Dec 31, 12, 12:54 pm
  #497  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Posts: 1,744
I have updated my Venetian review with a two part complete review of the amenities and benefits

Las Vegas: Venetian Hotel American Express Fine Hotel & Resorts Review

Last edited by mia; Dec 31, 12 at 7:50 pm Reason: Remove links
jammanxc is offline  
Old Jan 1, 13, 6:46 pm
  #498  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by jandersinc View Post
Anyone stayed at the Palazzo now that it's a FHR property? Just wondering what the $100 food and beverage credit is able to be used for. I decided to try it next month so I'll report back then if no one else has tried it.
The reason why I won't return to the Palazzo on an FHR rate is breakfast. Unlike the Venetian, Palazzo won't let you have breakfast in-suite. Instead, you can only have what they call a continental breakfast downstairs. This so-called breakfast consists of a small fruit platter and 3 pastries. No bread, no juice, no cheese, no jam. Not a great way to start your morning.


Excuse the rant. I'm hungry.
JohnnieZ is offline  
Old Jan 2, 13, 10:05 am
  #499  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by jammanxc View Post
I posted a review of the full Venetian Hotel experience booked under a AMEX FHR rate on my blog

Las Vegas: Venetian Hotel American Express Fine Hotel & Resorts Review Part 1


hey jammanxc, I read your review and had a question. How did you know to check in using the 'Invited Guests' line? I'm going to Palazzo in a week and a half and booked using FHR too.
thanks a lot
rymetymeuk
rymetymeuk is offline  
Old Jan 2, 13, 3:45 pm
  #500  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Skylofts FHR Benefits

In case anyone is interested. I will be visiting the Skylofts at MGM again this month, and the following are their new amenities (at the bottom)


SKYLOFTS luxury hotel amenities include:
24-hour personal Butler service including Spa and Dream Butlers
Complimentary round trip airport transfers in a SKYLOFT limo, subject to availability, party size and number of luggage
Private, secured elevator access
In-LOFT espresso machine with complimentary custom selection of exclusive coffees and teas
Custom private bar with selection of complimentary juices, soft drinks, still and sparkling waters
Private in-LOFT fax number
Pre-arrival Concierge to confirm complimentary round trip airport transfers and assistance for K, Cirque du Soleil's newest performance at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Crazy Horse Paris Bar at MGM Grand, Hollywood Theatre and MGM Grand restaurants - Jol Robuchon, L'ATELIER, Craftsteak, FiAMMA, Pearl, Shibuya, NOBHILL, and Emeril's
Exclusive access to Shadow Creek, an 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course carved out of the Nevada desert, certain restrictions apply and tee times are based upon availability.

In addition, you will also receive Fine Hotel and Resort Amenities:
15% off the prevailing rate.
In-Loft Dining Credit: One bedroom $100, Two Bedroom $200 and Three Bedroom $300 per day
$100 Spa credit per LOFT per stay - no cash value/non transferable.
Spa credit is redeemable toward spa services only.
Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out.
12:00pm check-in at time of arrival, based upon availability
davis237 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 13, 4:00 pm
  #501  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K, Amex Plat, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Posts: 1,642
Originally Posted by davis237 View Post
In case anyone is interested. I will be visiting the Skylofts at MGM again this month, and the following are their new amenities (at the bottom)


SKYLOFTS luxury hotel amenities include:
24-hour personal Butler service including Spa and Dream Butlers
Complimentary round trip airport transfers in a SKYLOFT limo, subject to availability, party size and number of luggage
Private, secured elevator access
In-LOFT espresso machine with complimentary custom selection of exclusive coffees and teas
Custom private bar with selection of complimentary juices, soft drinks, still and sparkling waters
Private in-LOFT fax number
Pre-arrival Concierge to confirm complimentary round trip airport transfers and assistance for K, Cirque du Soleil's newest performance at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Crazy Horse Paris Bar at MGM Grand, Hollywood Theatre and MGM Grand restaurants - Jol Robuchon, L'ATELIER, Craftsteak, FiAMMA, Pearl, Shibuya, NOBHILL, and Emeril's
Exclusive access to Shadow Creek, an 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course carved out of the Nevada desert, certain restrictions apply and tee times are based upon availability.

In addition, you will also receive Fine Hotel and Resort Amenities:
15% off the prevailing rate.
In-Loft Dining Credit: One bedroom $100, Two Bedroom $200 and Three Bedroom $300 per day
$100 Spa credit per LOFT per stay - no cash value/non transferable.
Spa credit is redeemable toward spa services only.
Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out.
12:00pm check-in at time of arrival, based upon availability
I still can't believe that they pulled their upgrade upon arrival...That's a major part of the FHR program...
xray is offline  
Old Jan 2, 13, 4:17 pm
  #502  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
I know. I was 4 for 4 with an upgrade from a 1 to 2br at one point (until last year).
davis237 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 13, 11:07 pm
  #503  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 5,811
The Hotel will become Delano Vegas in 2013.

Any confirmation from AX whether this will impact their involvement in FHR?

I have a couple bookings with them in 2013 and want to make other plans if so.
CloudsBelow is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 9:03 pm
  #504  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Racine Wi USA
Programs: AMEX Centurion
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by davis237 View Post
In case anyone is interested. I will be visiting the Skylofts at MGM again this month, and the following are their new amenities (at the bottom)


SKYLOFTS luxury hotel amenities include:
24-hour personal Butler service including Spa and Dream Butlers
Complimentary round trip airport transfers in a SKYLOFT limo, subject to availability, party size and number of luggage
Private, secured elevator access
In-LOFT espresso machine with complimentary custom selection of exclusive coffees and teas
Custom private bar with selection of complimentary juices, soft drinks, still and sparkling waters
Private in-LOFT fax number
Pre-arrival Concierge to confirm complimentary round trip airport transfers and assistance for K, Cirque du Soleil's newest performance at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Crazy Horse Paris Bar at MGM Grand, Hollywood Theatre and MGM Grand restaurants - Jol Robuchon, L'ATELIER, Craftsteak, FiAMMA, Pearl, Shibuya, NOBHILL, and Emeril's
Exclusive access to Shadow Creek, an 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course carved out of the Nevada desert, certain restrictions apply and tee times are based upon availability.

In addition, you will also receive Fine Hotel and Resort Amenities:
15% off the prevailing rate.
In-Loft Dining Credit: One bedroom $100, Two Bedroom $200 and Three Bedroom $300 per day
$100 Spa credit per LOFT per stay - no cash value/non transferable.
Spa credit is redeemable toward spa services only.
Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out.
12:00pm check-in at time of arrival, based upon availability
Why am I not seeing this as an option on the FHR website?
superior2112 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 13, 5:01 am
  #505  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
I had to call to get the info. It didn't show up for me either.
davis237 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 12:07 am
  #506  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Posts: 1,744
Originally Posted by rymetymeuk View Post
hey jammanxc, I read your review and had a question. How did you know to check in using the 'Invited Guests' line? I'm going to Palazzo in a week and a half and booked using FHR too.
thanks a lot
rymetymeuk
because I've stayed at the Venetian before and they've also indicated that Invited Guest check-in is a perk when they hand you a letter stating all the FHR benefits. I am also a priority club platinum member who can also use the invited guest check-in area.
jammanxc is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 12:08 am
  #507  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Posts: 1,744
Since the moderator won't let me link my Vegas FHR reviews on FT, I have posted a full review of THEhotel in Las Vegas on my blog -

Las Vegas: THEhotel American Express Fine Hotel & Resorts Review Part 1

the link to my blog is in my signature
jammanxc is offline  
Old Jan 10, 13, 11:56 pm
  #508  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 13
Recently stayed at the Palazzo. $100 food/beverage credit was great and used it at Sushi Samba. I booked a regular room (lowest price) and was upgraded to a bella suite which was great, lots of space. Like others have said the breakfast was pretty poor. It's a "continental breakfast" which was two small muffins and a bowl of fruit. It was good but nothing special. Compared to the Fairmont Santa Monica that I stayed two weeks later where they gave you $100 for breakfast in addition to the spa credit was much better.
ngianos is offline  
Old Jan 12, 13, 8:21 am
  #509  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 357
MO great choice

Angsted over the MO or Encore Tower, but happy with choice. Booked Jr. suite, upgraded two levels to strip view, which at first i almost contested - really only wanted the cityscape. Glad that I didn't, as the strip view was great. On 21st floor, excellent views.

We didn't find the elevator annoying, just different from the "wander through the casino to the elevator" experience. The location is excellent. Breakfast at MOzen was great, although we generally went above the limit. Spa was nice, but expensive as is typical in Vegas.

Staff was great, had the car service twice, including to the airport. Definitely our choice for Vegas, and will use FHR for the value. Their website had the 4th night free too, but not the free breakfast, spa credit or late checkout.
Mile-a-holic is offline  
Old Jan 13, 13, 8:02 pm
  #510  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Posts: 151
How much are the rates usually for Skylofts? I am planning a trip to Vegas in April and I'm on the FHR website, but it says that it's not available? In fact, I cannot seem to find any dates during which Skylofts are available.

Do you have to always call to get Skylofts through FHR?
Mindray is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread