Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG gold
FHR Wynn Complimentary Fourth Night

FHR Wynn Complimentary Fourth Night starts today.
OFFER VALID FOR BOOKINGS MADE 10/15/2012 through 03/01/2013, and for travel 11/01/2012 through 03/31/2013. A minimum stay of four consecutive nights is required. Travel must be completed by 03/31/2013.

Great deal!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Palazzo is now bookable online through FHR.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Palazzo is now bookable online through FHR.
Given FHR rates are not yet there for 2013 (on the UK site not sure about the US) if I book a week at the Palazzo now and it later gets rates published un FHR, would my reservation count as an FHR reservation or not?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
No. You'd have to book through FHR. Call them, they should have the rates if you call.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:18 pm

I had a recent stay at the Encore. I originally booked one night at $188, with breakfast ($40pp) and $100 spa credit. Got a one level upgrade to a Panorama suite. Credit, upgrade and late checkout offered and applied automatically.

The next morning, we decided to extend our stay one night. I called the front desk, but the rate had gone up to $251. I called FHR and they had the same rate. The agent called the hotel but couldn't do anything to improve the rate, but said that it would be a new stay so I'd get another spa credit - which we wanted to use for day passes because the facilities are outstanding.

We went to the front desk but they said the couldn't give us the additional credit unless we booked through FHR. Got on the phone with FHR and booked it, then walked back to the front desk and the reservation was already there. They checked us out, checked us back in to the same room and we got a second stay there. I did have to get correct the bill the second time to remove half of our breakfast and the spa charges, but it was quickly done.

All over lovely. Though it is interesting that there are no floors numbered 40-49.

NB: The FHR website did not mention the resort fee, nor did the FHR agent. I complained via private message and Amex credited it back!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by eeeee
Though it is interesting that there are no floors numbered 40-49.
I absolutely love Encore, too. Apparently 4 is an unlucky number in some cultures, so that's why those floor numbers are missing.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
I absolutely love Encore, too. Apparently 4 is an unlucky number in some cultures, so that's why those floor numbers are missing.
The number 4 sounds like the word for "die" in a lot of Asian languages.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
The Hotel

Had a quick weekend trip recently. Due to flight delay, I did not arrive until 1:30 am Friday night/Saturday morning. It took about 10 minutes to check in -- with clerk having to do some calling -- which is tedious at that hour. They upgraded me to a V suite but when I got up there it was a smoking room (had specifically said I wanted non-smoking). Rejected the room - they sent someone up to meet me and gave me a non-smoking room - which is really tedious at that hour. Offered to move me the next night to a nonsmoking V suite which I tentatively accepted but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

They have gotten rid of the old coupons for the breakfast benefit. It's basically whatever you want at the cafe or coffee shop; only tip excluded. I think this is an improvement.

Did not have time to go to the spa to take advantage of the credit.

They orally explained all the benefits (including late checkout) but didn't have the little letter/card they used to have.

The hotel is showing some age -- particularly the TVs. As I've said in a review of the 4S before, the action in LV has shifted to City Center and Mandalay Bay is not the "it" place anymore. If you're into table games, they've shrunken the number by probably 40%. The room rates did reflect this -- under $200/night on a weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if FHR leaves this property behind in 2013.

Oh - and the sushi I had at RM Seafood was not good.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Booked Encore Tower Suite through FHR at a rate of $278.

Upgraded to a parlor suite.

2 X $40 breakfast credit and $100 spa credit given

4PM checkout offered and used

The property is first-rate
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by jandersinc
Yes it's $80 per day. Book the V they'll give you an H (might have to ask). Book a the suite they'll upgrade only to a V.
What are you talking about?

The Hotel?

What's $80 /day? 2 * 20 = $40.

They will NOT u/g to H from V as standard practice. Reg to V is like 25$ / night

I've stayed about 20 nights at this 4* (max) hotel in the last 3-4 years
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:14 am

Yes, THE Hotel. They've upgraded me to an H almost every time I've stayed there. And it is $80 per day for breakfast. It's not $40 a day anymore. They changed that about a year ago.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:37 pm

Yes, THE Hotel. They've upgraded me to an H almost every time I've stayed there. And it is $80 per day for breakfast. It's not $40 a day anymore. They changed that about a year ago.
I stayed there in Apr 2012 and May 2012.

They stopped waiving the resort fee this year.

I received $40 / day TOTAL.

You must not be staying on busy weekends? Do you go in July and mid Dec or something?

Last edited by CloudsBelow; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:32 pm

Correct they don't waive the resort fee, but it's reduced from $28 to $23 (or something close to that). I stayed at THE Hotel about 20 nights last year alone (last time being late September). I always book a V and except for one stay I've always been upgraded to an H. I always receive $80 a day for breakfast, which is the standard FHR amount there now (plus the $100 at the spa). No more coupons, just bill it to the room and $80 worth of food is credited and $100 at the spa is credited. THE Hotel may not be the nicest, but it's usually a very good value.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:58 pm

Correct they don't waive the resort fee, but it's reduced from $28 to $23 (or something close to that). I stayed at THE Hotel about 20 nights last year alone (last time being late September). I always book a V and except for one stay I've always been upgraded to an H. I always receive $80 a day for breakfast, which is the standard FHR amount there now (plus the $100 at the spa). No more coupons, just bill it to the room and $80 worth of food is credited and $100 at the spa is credited. THE Hotel may not be the nicest, but it's usually a very good value.
Agreed it's value.
It's been a complete clusterfk every time I've checked in there it seems regarding what is/is not included. Maybe I can get you to check in for me next time!?!?
I'm usually with buddies so the 2 double beds only available in the basic suite are all we need.
Re : $80 for breakfast. I usually just go to the caf thing and load up on gatorade and sandwiches .... Wasn't easy to get to $40, let alone $80. They must have changed this breakfast limit since I stayed at the end of May 2012
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by yojimbo
Booked Encore Tower Suite through FHR at a rate of $278.

Upgraded to a parlor suite.

2 X $40 breakfast credit and $100 spa credit given

4PM checkout offered and used

The property is first-rate
Since the Tower Suites include breakfast according to the website, how does the FHR breakfast credit work? Can you use it for other meals? Or, is the included breakfast substandard so you need the FHR credit in addition?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.