Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
Originally Posted by pastrami5
has anybody had any recent experience with either:
  1. Booking a Wynn Tower Suites rm - did you get an upgrade to an Executive or a Parlor?

Overall, is the Wynn FHR experience > Bellagio FHR, if so/if not, why?

In both cases, weekdays.
Wasn't on a weekday, but a few weekends ago upgraded from a Tower Suite to Parlor suite for the first time in 3 stays--though i wonder whether this was a function of a fairly early check-in that they were willing to accommodate me on (no mention was made of the upgrade when i checked in). That said, it was a low floor so the view was nothing to write home about.

Booked a tower suite for encore next month, am less than optimistic about my upgrade chances.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by biggdeebee
Thanks. Also can I check in for all 3 rooms myself, or does each person check in themselves?
As mentioned by others you can check-in for all threee rooms, but should not need to check-in with others (this could possibly vary by hotel, so you may want to verify with the front desk). The only requirement is that they must py for the room with an AMEX branded card in order to receive benefits.

Also, keep in mind that the initial deposit will be against your card.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:29 am

Bellagio doesn't have $40 breakfast credit?

Staying at the Bellagio and instead of the usual $40 breakfast coupons got "Continental Breakfast" coupons instead good for coffee and Danish only. Is this a new drop in service?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Skywise
Staying at the Bellagio and instead of the usual $40 breakfast coupons got "Continental Breakfast" coupons instead good for coffee and Danish only. Is this a new drop in service?
FHR states Daily Continental Breakfast for 2... there is no way the Bellagio is cheapening its breakfast.. can anyone else confirm?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Amex Gold, Visa Signature
Originally Posted by jammanxc
FHR states Daily Continental Breakfast for 2... there is no way the Bellagio is cheapening its breakfast.. can anyone else confirm?
I just stayed the Bellagio and received those coupons. They let us apply them to our bill in Cafe Bellagio at $14/ Per coupon - $28 total.

However, it does state it is only good for something like, coffee, juice, a bagel...I think.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc
But didn't it used to say Continental Breakfast/$20? The certificates specifically state "Continental Breakfast" and it's good only at a few select restaurants and NOT at the buffet. I've stayed here before and specifically used this to get a free breakfast at the buffet and was perplexed when the buffet cashier handed the coupon back saying they were no good there (I hadn't even bothered reading them I had used them so often) but then she showed me another coupon that had it... So the Bellagio is still giving the $20 off coupons out but not to Amex FHR members.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Just got back from a WOW12 stay at ARIA. Great property. No problems getting the $500 resort credit. Also, was able to apply it to the room. My AMEX Plat just paid for itself.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:01 pm

Sweet! I can't wait to go on vacation my gosh this place is dragging me down! Vacation in Vegas at the Venitian in Sept for a week it's going to be so much fun!!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YtravelF
Just got back from a WOW12 stay at ARIA. Great property. No problems getting the $500 resort credit. Also, was able to apply it to the room. My AMEX Plat just paid for itself.
My wife also just got back from the WOW12 at the Aria. One night stay at hotel and the meals were picked up by the $500.00 credit and all she had to do was pay for the tips^
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by BigDaddy18
Sweet! I can't wait to go on vacation my gosh this place is dragging me down! Vacation in Vegas at the Venitian in Sept for a week it's going to be so much fun!!
Just got back. Get a pool chair early or otherwise you are not going to get one. And the Tao pool is not included in the resort fee, however there was one visit for free in the coupon book, if that if that promotion is still going on when you are there. Don't expect Priority Club Points unless you book at the Intercon Hotel web site. And all the hotel shuttles, but one drop you off at the "tour entrance" back door, good luck finding your way to the lobby. And don't touch anything in the room you do not want to buy. Everything is on sensors. Nothing like having a Vibrator on your room bill for $50. I am just glad my child was not with me so I did not have to explain what a Vibrator was for.

Last edited by wesheltonj; Jul 27, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Skywise
But didn't it used to say Continental Breakfast/$20? The certificates specifically state "Continental Breakfast" and it's good only at a few select restaurants and NOT at the buffet. I've stayed here before and specifically used this to get a free breakfast at the buffet and was perplexed when the buffet cashier handed the coupon back saying they were no good there (I hadn't even bothered reading them I had used them so often) but then she showed me another coupon that had it... So the Bellagio is still giving the $20 off coupons out but not to Amex FHR members.
I've stayed quite a few times at the Bellagio and the breakfast credit certainly has declined greatly.

They used to have 2 $20 vouchers that you could essentially use anywhere (including the buffet), but now they offer 2 $14 coupons that they will honor at their cafe and a few other places (not at the buffet).

The $40 credit was really a good deal, but now I think it is very disappointing.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:11 pm

I just stayed 2 nights at THE Hotel and 1 night at Encore. Here is my review.

THE Hotel:

Always like staying here (might be my favorite on the strip). Booked a V Suite at $117 per night (2nd night was booked under my partner's name so we can get the $100 spa credit each night, downside is we had to switch rooms, but worth it for $100).

They do impose a reduced resort fee now of $22 compared to $28 for non-FHR bookings (it used to be waived completely).

I always book a "V" Suite, but almost every time the front desk agent says, "We've given you a great upgrade to a V Suite." I politely say, "No, I booked a "V" Suite and would like an upgrade to a "H" Suite." Then the front desk agent will usually look for availability without hassle.

Was upgraded to a "M" Suite the first night, with just a little asking. Front desk agent did confirm they're only contractually obligated to upgrade to a "H" Suite, which is actually bigger than a "M". They only have 3 "H" Suites total so it's sometimes difficult to get one. However with just a little asking was able to get a "M" Suite.

2nd night my partner checked in and had a very.... well I'll be polite... "uneducated in FHR bookings front desk agent".

2nd night was booked as a "V" Suite. Front desk agent told my partner that she'd already upgraded the room to a "V" Suite, but when questioned about it she promptly said nothing else was available. Further questioning only caused the front desk agent to shut down. There was a brief explanation of benefits, but nothing of great detail.

When I went to checkout of my room for the first night I asked about my partner's booking and it was a night and day difference. Agent was very helpful and found another "M" Suite, which she promptly put my partner in.

Breakfast / lunch credit is now $80, which is a lot of breakfast!

$100 at the spa doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. Basic 50 minute massage is now $150. Day passes are still $25 each, so that's a decent deal.

Early check-in and late checkout were both honored without question.

Overall I really enjoy THE Hotel, just wish they wouldn't consider a "V" Suite an upgrade when that's actually the room I booked. Although I'm at about a 90% success rate for upgrades so I can't really complain.

Encore:

Last night stayed at Encore. Just to be upfront about it, I won't stay again unless it is cheaper than anything else.

Booked an Encore Panoramic King Suite at $215 a night. $25 (I think it was $25) resort fee and taxes on top of that. Resort fee covers internet access for 2 devices only. Not sure if or how they track that, but we didn't connect more than 2 devices.

$80 for breakfast and $100 at the spa are the benefits. Spa is expensive ($175 for a 50 minute massage, $40 for a day pass person, which is what we did).

Check-in was nice, however a minimal upgrade was offered to a Tower Suite, but on a much lower floor, so took the room I booked on the 57th floor.

Called the front desk and told them that my flight was leaving early the next morning and asked if they could apply the $80 credit to the dinner buffet and told them I'd obviously pay the difference if it happened go over the $80 (2 non-weekend dinner buffets come to $79.97). Was put on hold so she could ask a manager and the nice customer service agent named "XXXXX" (removed on purpose) said it was no problem and they'd apply the $80 to the dinner buffet, but they'd need to manually do it at checkout. I said no problem and ate a very nice buffet dinner.

Went to reconcile the bill at about 1 am so I could checkout hassle free in the morning and low and behold the front desk manager told me sorry I can't apply it to your bill because it is a breakfast only credit and there's nothing in the notes indicating that you talked to anyone or that it was authorized. He went on to say and we don't have anyone named "XXXXX" that works here. I made it very clear that I did talk to "XXXXX" and she checked with a manager who said it wasn't a problem. Manager said, "Well.... I'm not saying you're lying, but I can't verify it." Manager said he'd work on it overnight and get back to me by leaving me a message on my room phone.

Morning came around and no message so I go to the front desk expecting to be very disappointed in the outcome. I explained to the front desk agent what the problem was and that manager "YYYYY" was working on it. Front desk agent said that the buffet was taken off and was no longer on the room bill. I asked him if there was someone named "XXXXX" at the front desk and he said, "No, but she works at the concierge and phone center." So either the front desk agent knew her or the manager didn't actually know her and found her and put her name in the reservation. Manager "YYYYY" was "not available" when I checked out so I didn't get a chance to ask him how the mistake occurred.

Either way, it was a very disappointing experience. Had they just said they can't apply the $80 to a dinner buffet, no problem, wouldn't have eaten there (or would have and just expected to pay for it obviously). Certainly don't tell me that they can do something, then tell me I'm lying about it and they can't do it after they did tell me I could, then find out I was told that, but not have the courage to admit the mistake and apologize for it.

I will not be staying at Encore again. Had the manager at least called and apologized for the mistake I would stay again if it was comparable in price to other properties, but since he didn't he lost me as a future guest.

On a positive note, late checkout was offered without hesitation (however I could not use it) and the offer of an upgrade was made without hesitation (another thing I did not utilize).

If you're looking for a very good buffet with good prime rib and crab legs I'd recommend the Wynn buffet.

The pool area is nice and was not crowded (compared to Mandalay Bay pool, which was a complete zoo!).

The spa is nice, a little pricey, but day passes were a worthwhile purchase, which I'd recommend.

Encore is a nice hotel, however a 5 star property should not make the mistake that they did and then insinuate that I was lying about it. For that I will not stay again.

That's my review of the 2 properties. Hope you enjoy the read.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by jandersinc
I just stayed 2 nights at THE Hotel and 1 night at Encore. Here is my review.

THE Hotel:

Always like staying here (might be my favorite on the strip). Booked a V Suite at $117 per night (2nd night was booked under my partner's name so we can get the $100 spa credit each night, downside is we had to switch rooms, but worth it for $100).

They do impose a reduced resort fee now of $22 compared to $28 for non-FHR bookings (it used to be waived completely).

I always book a "V" Suite, but almost every time the front desk agent says, "We've given you a great upgrade to a V Suite." I politely say, "No, I booked a "V" Suite and would like an upgrade to a "H" Suite." Then the front desk agent will usually look for availability without hassle.

Was upgraded to a "M" Suite the first night, with just a little asking. Front desk agent did confirm they're only contractually obligated to upgrade to a "H" Suite, which is actually bigger than a "M". They only have 3 "H" Suites total so it's sometimes difficult to get one. However with just a little asking was able to get a "M" Suite.

2nd night my partner checked in and had a very.... well I'll be polite... "uneducated in FHR bookings front desk agent".

2nd night was booked as a "V" Suite. Front desk agent told my partner that she'd already upgraded the room to a "V" Suite, but when questioned about it she promptly said nothing else was available. Further questioning only caused the front desk agent to shut down. There was a brief explanation of benefits, but nothing of great detail.

When I went to checkout of my room for the first night I asked about my partner's booking and it was a night and day difference. Agent was very helpful and found another "M" Suite, which she promptly put my partner in.

Breakfast / lunch credit is now $80, which is a lot of breakfast!

$100 at the spa doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. Basic 50 minute massage is now $150. Day passes are still $25 each, so that's a decent deal.

Early check-in and late checkout were both honored without question.

Overall I really enjoy THE Hotel, just wish they wouldn't consider a "V" Suite an upgrade when that's actually the room I booked. Although I'm at about a 90% success rate for upgrades so I can't really complain.

Encore:

Last night stayed at Encore. Just to be upfront about it, I won't stay again unless it is cheaper than anything else.

Booked an Encore Panoramic King Suite at $215 a night. $25 (I think it was $25) resort fee and taxes on top of that. Resort fee covers internet access for 2 devices only. Not sure if or how they track that, but we didn't connect more than 2 devices.

$80 for breakfast and $100 at the spa are the benefits. Spa is expensive ($175 for a 50 minute massage, $40 for a day pass person, which is what we did).

Check-in was nice, however a minimal upgrade was offered to a Tower Suite, but on a much lower floor, so took the room I booked on the 57th floor.

Called the front desk and told them that my flight was leaving early the next morning and asked if they could apply the $80 credit to the dinner buffet and told them I'd obviously pay the difference if it happened go over the $80 (2 non-weekend dinner buffets come to $79.97). Was put on hold so she could ask a manager and the nice customer service agent named "XXXXX" (removed on purpose) said it was no problem and they'd apply the $80 to the dinner buffet, but they'd need to manually do it at checkout. I said no problem and ate a very nice buffet dinner.

Went to reconcile the bill at about 1 am so I could checkout hassle free in the morning and low and behold the front desk manager told me sorry I can't apply it to your bill because it is a breakfast only credit and there's nothing in the notes indicating that you talked to anyone or that it was authorized. He went on to say and we don't have anyone named "XXXXX" that works here. I made it very clear that I did talk to "XXXXX" and she checked with a manager who said it wasn't a problem. Manager said, "Well.... I'm not saying you're lying, but I can't verify it." Manager said he'd work on it overnight and get back to me by leaving me a message on my room phone.

Morning came around and no message so I go to the front desk expecting to be very disappointed in the outcome. I explained to the front desk agent what the problem was and that manager "YYYYY" was working on it. Front desk agent said that the buffet was taken off and was no longer on the room bill. I asked him if there was someone named "XXXXX" at the front desk and he said, "No, but she works at the concierge and phone center." So either the front desk agent knew her or the manager didn't actually know her and found her and put her name in the reservation. Manager "YYYYY" was "not available" when I checked out so I didn't get a chance to ask him how the mistake occurred.

Either way, it was a very disappointing experience. Had they just said they can't apply the $80 to a dinner buffet, no problem, wouldn't have eaten there (or would have and just expected to pay for it obviously). Certainly don't tell me that they can do something, then tell me I'm lying about it and they can't do it after they did tell me I could, then find out I was told that, but not have the courage to admit the mistake and apologize for it.

I will not be staying at Encore again. Had the manager at least called and apologized for the mistake I would stay again if it was comparable in price to other properties, but since he didn't he lost me as a future guest.

On a positive note, late checkout was offered without hesitation (however I could not use it) and the offer of an upgrade was made without hesitation (another thing I did not utilize).

If you're looking for a very good buffet with good prime rib and crab legs I'd recommend the Wynn buffet.

The pool area is nice and was not crowded (compared to Mandalay Bay pool, which was a complete zoo!).

The spa is nice, a little pricey, but day passes were a worthwhile purchase, which I'd recommend.

Encore is a nice hotel, however a 5 star property should not make the mistake that they did and then insinuate that I was lying about it. For that I will not stay again.

That's my review of the 2 properties. Hope you enjoy the read.
TheHOTEL is actually a really good value... I usually can not eat $80 worth of breakfast at Mandalay , so I would just buy stuff to go at the Cafe shop
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:59 am

Haha, yeah I left with a bunch of juices and pastries from The Cafe to use up the remainder of the $80.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AA
Jandersinc, was the breakfast amenity $80 for the stay or $80 per day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.