Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by YtravelF
Got it.
Thanks Troyhouse.
Hopefully, the credit can be applied to the room, but even if not, I'm still coming out waaaay ahead.
It can't be applied to the room.
Old May 21, 2012, 1:43 pm

Aria WOW12

I called the UK office of PTS and enquired about the WOW12 rate in the Aria, which gives the $500 resort credit.
The agent found it immediately on their system, didn't have to call the hotel, and I managed to book the offer for a 2 night stay in August. I was then sent the confirmation which states the credit.
No hassle, it took a few minutes only.

Would love to hear from people what you can use the credit for (besides food, drinks, spa, I suspect).

And thank you to all who reported it on this forum. A better deal than any FHR one.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
It can't be applied to the room.
You're wrong.

I booked Wow deal. Got 2 confirmations from my PTS agent that the 500 could go against room/resort fee. ** She called Aria for me, sent me a confirmation email **

Checked in at Aria Friday. They say just food/booze. I say no way. Pull out my blkberry and show email confirmations. They say OK.

Room / food / booze etc for the night was around $600. I will update if I am charged anything more than the net $100 I am expecting
Old May 22, 2012, 6:17 am

FHR MAnadalay Bay *Changes*

Just back from FHR @ The Hotel Mandalay .......

Resort fee is no longer waived in FHR bookings.

Same $40 breaky, $100 spa etc .......
Old May 22, 2012, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
You're wrong.

I booked Wow deal. Got 2 confirmations from my PTS agent that the 500 could go against room/resort fee. ** She called Aria for me, sent me a confirmation email **

Checked in at Aria Friday. They say just food/booze. I say no way. Pull out my blkberry and show email confirmations. They say OK.

Room / food / booze etc for the night was around $600. I will update if I am charged anything more than the net $100 I am expecting
Thanks for the update, keep us informed.

I was told exactly the same as you, didn't have the agent check with Aria but they have noted it on the reservation.

Staying 2 nights with the tax comes to about $400 the agent even said that will leave me $100 to spend on food/drinks/spa.
Old May 22, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, DL SILVER,
Are US Plat card holders still able to get this deal? If so please PM me the details on how to get it. thanks!
Old May 22, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Better late than never.
Received the promo via email this morning.

Linkity-Link

Hope not to have any trouble applying the credit to the room since I booked myself a corner suite. also the email suggests we get 2pm late checkout so more time to spend that $500!

Last edited by fluffydot; May 22, 2012 at 9:16 am
Old May 22, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by fluffydot
Better late than never.
Received the promo via email this morning.

Linkity-Link

Hope not to have any trouble applying the credit to the room since I booked myself a corner suite. also the email suggests we get 2pm late checkout so more time to spend that $500!
thanks a lot for the link, this is awesome.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
You're wrong.

Well no, I'm, right.

I asked PTS and have confirmation it can't be used against the room rate.

I think Aria's initial reaction to you shows it shouldn't be able to be used against the room rate too but IMO you have just got lucky with your PTS agent booking.

The bottom line is when booking to just get it all confirmed either way. I'm not too concerned as I'll easily blow through $500 during my stay.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Well no, I'm, right.

I asked PTS and have confirmation it can't be used against the room rate.

I think Aria's initial reaction to you shows it shouldn't be able to be used against the room rate too but IMO you have just got lucky with your PTS agent booking.

The bottom line is when booking to just get it all confirmed either way. I'm not too concerned as I'll easily blow through $500 during my stay.
check following link posted by fluffy-dot:
http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com...jBkbH/doc.html
Old May 22, 2012, 3:35 pm

Is the wow12 available to Canadian platinum card holders ?
the one I spoke to had no idea about it.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
check following link posted by fluffy-dot:
http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com...jBkbH/doc.html
I've seen it already.
Depends on how you define 'room charges'.
A 'room charge' is a charge to the room and not the cost of nights stay IMO.

As I say, I have it confirmed to me (UK I don't know if this is the difference?) that it cannot be used to pay for the room. I'm not losing any sleep over it anyway
Old May 22, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by kennyg1966
It was sent to cent members today. Not sure about platinum.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by kennyg1966
For international Cent/Plat holders only, not US. I tried
Old May 23, 2012, 6:04 am

If I've given out duff info I like to hold my hands up so here I am holding my hands up. I was given duff info :

I asked the UK PTS to check again and lo & behold:

American Express (American Express Travel Team) 23/05/2012 **.** *M

Dear Mr ***************,

I have been in contact with our marketing team, they have clarified that you can actually use the credit towards the room rate if you wish.

Please accept our apologies for any confusion, it was not clearly stated on our offer communication that this was possible.

Enjoy your stay,

Kind Regards

Sincerely,
American Express Travel Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.