InSite from American Express [Merged]

Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: American Express Gold, U.S. Airways, Delta Skymiles, Delta Gold
Thanks for the advice, I just took screenshots of it and will email it to them. At the very least it would be nice for them to fix it and state such a stipulation so other people don't end up in my boat.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I saw that same thing: was booking on Delta for a business trip and it popped up. I hit the "get offer" link. Normally airlines don't give 2x or 3x points for platinum, and even 3x on Gold is automatic and you don't need to use InSite or AMEX portal to get it (like shopping or hotels). I did read the fine print on the offer and all it mentioned was the bonus ID. I googled the bonus ID and found that it was just for certain flights. I just assumed that I wouldn't get anything out of it, and didn't think twice that they didn't tell me the terms up front.

Terms and Conditions:
*Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. ** Cardmember must complete flight in order to receive Membership Rewards points.<br /> DELTA Air Lines offer valid 06/02/2011 to 09/15/2011. To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program (?Program?) at the time of purchase and you must charge your purchase on an eligible, enrolled American Express Card. Bonus points will be credited to your Program account within 10-12 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement. Individual terms and conditions, as well as annual Program fees, apply for certain Card products. For more information on the Program, visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN. Bonus ID 6680.

InSite is relatively new, so it sounds like it is a minor glitch in how they coded that particular promo to pop up. Currently it pops up anytime you are at Delta, isn't specific to the correct booking routes, and also doesn't tell you the terms/conditions.

Edit:
When you click to 'get offer', it changes screens slightly and gives you a 'redeem' button. the redeem button doesn't work or do anything.

Last edited by roknroll; Sep 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: American Express Gold, U.S. Airways, Delta Skymiles, Delta Gold
Well, the folks in the "back office" told me the same thing all of the customer service reps did - I didn't qualify for the bonus points because I wasn't flying to the correct city. I gave in to them, but I asked that in the future that they list such a stipulation on inSite. (We will see if that ever happens)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.