FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Tumi bag and other 2010 holiday gifts for USA Centurion or Platinum cardholders (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1157296-tumi-bag-other-2010-holiday-gifts-usa-centurion-platinum-cardholders.html)

mizzou miles Dec 2, 2010 3:50 pm

Tumi bag and other 2010 holiday gifts for USA Centurion or Platinum cardholders

Anyone else get a nice Tumi bag via UPS today with an announcement about the program? I got a sweet roller bag. Not that I need one but its pretty cool. And free.

pbjag Dec 2, 2010 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou miles (Post 15369353)
Anyone else get a nice Tumi bag via UPS today with an announcement about the program? I got a sweet roller bag. Not that I need one but its pretty cool. And free.

Wow! Do you have a Centurion or Platinum card?

afmiami Dec 4, 2010 12:46 pm

Cool! I received a card announcing that I will receive a travel gift from AmexPlat, but not actual gift yet...:confused:

MikeBOS Dec 4, 2010 4:11 pm

I got one too. Look inside the bag -- there's a bunch more stuff including a camcorder, Bose earphones and an iPod Nano. No idea why I got this but I'm not complaining...

jg3609 Dec 5, 2010 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by MikeBOS (Post 15381907)
I got one too. Look inside the bag -- there's a bunch more stuff including a camcorder, Bose earphones and an iPod Nano. No idea why I got this but I'm not complaining...

Platinum or Cent?

mizzou miles Dec 5, 2010 9:06 pm

Holy crap

I didnt open it until I saw your post!! wow. This is very cool. Especially for a dirt-ball Plat card holder...

afmiami Dec 6, 2010 4:52 pm

Got that today! Finally a nice surprise from Amex ^

FFMilesJunkie Dec 7, 2010 1:49 pm

Biz Centurion Here. Just received a softside Tumi Rollaboard suitcase from Amex. Inside was a box with Bose QC15 Headphones and a compact digital camera. That will help with the stocking stuffers this year!! :D

ckg1999 Dec 7, 2010 3:01 pm

Is this gift for ALL Plats/Cents or targeted?

Would be nice, since my regular bag is about to fall apart ;-).

Even if its targeted, still nice to see AMEX taking care of its cardholders.

galambo Dec 7, 2010 3:22 pm

and once again Canadian holders are out of luck :-(

mia Dec 7, 2010 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 15401373)
Is this gift for ALL Plats/Cents or targeted?

Surely it is targeted, because there about 1 million USA Platinum cardholders and about 100,000 Centurions. I just don't see that American Express would persuade these vendors to provide those quantities of free (or deeply discounted) goods.

ckg1999 Dec 7, 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 15401589)
Surely it is targeted, because there about 1 million USA Platinum cardholders and about 100,000 Centurions.

I know for myself, I have 3 PLAT cards for family. I wonder if other members are similar. If so, then that lowers the amount of total gifts if its one per account.

My Bose QC2s bit the dust this week, so would be a welcome surprise ;-)

mia Dec 7, 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 15401728)
3 PLAT cards for family.

How many copies of Departures magazine does your household receive? The circulation figures are the basis of the estimated number of cardholders.

ckg1999 Dec 7, 2010 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 15401749)
How many copies of Departures magazine does your household receive? The circulation figures are the basis of the estimated number of cardholders.

Just one that I know of.

That probably makes sense then... Here's to hoping for an early Christmas present! :D

point bonita lighthouse Dec 7, 2010 4:52 pm

My understanding from an AMEX friend is that the recipients were selected from a list by American Express travel services. Did the recipients recently buy vacation packages with AMEX?