Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tumi bag and other 2010 holiday gifts for USA Centurion or Platinum cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi bag and other 2010 holiday gifts for USA Centurion or Platinum cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
I think we have to keep in mind that the gift is valued at $1,000+. Not sure how steep of a discount amex got but still - it's a high threshold given how rare it is to get an annual fee waiver, much less something ~$1,000 from Amex. So I'd estimate something $50,000+ in spending would be their breakeven (~1,000 in fees if you think they net 1% after rewards are paid + the annual fee proceeds)
YTD I have put $148k thru on my Platinum card and paid in full each month. No Tumi gift on my doorstep. I have also used PTS a few times this year. I suppose I should call and see what reason AMEX gives me for not receiving it.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:52 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckg1999
Just spoke with AMEX myself - said I was not chosen. Also, the rep mentioned that it was for the top 1% of all Plat. Cardholders who have used AMEX Travel.

Not sure how accurate that is...
Guess that means I'm not in the top 1% then. All I got this month was a bill.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:28 am

Amexp Gift

The suitcase was a nice surprise. Based on many of the comments here it appears to be a random gesture. We certainly wouldn't qualify in the top 1% category (in $$$ spent) although we use the card all of the time!

The suitcase was headed for the attic until my youngest opened the packing slip which read...we hope you enjoy the accoutrements inside. Fun and excitement ensued ... you've got to first logon and get a code to open the case ... all six of us were surprised and wowed by what was next.

*** Time to pay it forward ... All the goodies are wrapped back up and we are off to deliver this package to a friend very much in need!

If there were a way in which to split the package up and share with all of you, I would!

Happy holidays !
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I do use travel services for vacations, but no travel bag. I did get free Eagles tickets in LA, so I wonder if anyone who got Eagles or Jimmy Buffett tickets got a bag. If so, then I would be jealous.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
My understanding from an AMEX friend is that the recipients were selected from a list by American Express travel services. Did the recipients recently buy vacation packages with AMEX?
I did not (I got the bag and other gifts), though I am a regular user of FHR hotel rates which need to be booked through AMEX travel.

They may also be looking at total Amex spend. Between my SPG Amex, business Amex, and Platinum, I am at ~$200k/year in annual spend. Only a small fraction of that (<10k) is on the Platinum card.

Last edited by MikeBOS; Dec 13, 2010 at 1:37 pm
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Biz Plat, Biz Cent etc
Today I recieved a gift. It's a pick one of three things: "A Toast to You" (gift basket of fine wines & champagne" or "Luxury Spa Treatment for Two" (manicures, pedicures, message, facials etc) or "Premium Cigars" (with humidor). I know which one my wife wants !! ...I'm Biz Cent $500k spend in last 12 months, $60k on personal cards ..Thanks AMEX
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:33 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jg3609
Platinum or Cent?
Originally Posted by pannhead51
Today I recieved a gift. It's a pick one of three things: "A Toast to You" (gift basket of fine wines & champagne" or "Luxury Spa Treatment for Two" (manicures, pedicures, message, facials etc) or "Premium Cigars" (with humidor). I know which one my wife wants !! ...I'm Biz Cent $500k spend in last 12 months, $60k on personal cards ..Thanks AMEX
I asked Amex and they said gifts were only going out for Biz cent (or maybe Biz Plat too?)... strange because the only reason I selected personal cent over biz was for the supposed personal gift perk, and here Biz cent gets the gifts and persona doesn't!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Dang I hope I get this....don't need need anything from in the bag, but would love the tumi bag, in dire need of a new carry on
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, CO PLT, UA Exec Prem, Marriott Silver, SPG PLT, HHonors Diamond, AmEx PLT, Avis First
not selected

called up AmEx. lady told me it was randomly selected by marketing based on travel. she told me i wasn't selected. boo.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I've bought tickets and made hotel reservations with CTS. But no Tumi for me so far. Anyone in California gotten this yet?
I received it. I am not physically in CA but my billing address is...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: aa, delta, amex, ba
yet again

nothing for us ny plat members...nothing except the bill!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I received the Tumi Bag, Canon Camera and the Bose Headphones all in a spiffy black box. I'm a Business Centurion member with over $2 million in annual spend and about a half dozen trips per year booked with CTS.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Business Centurion cardholder here. I got the packet offering me a wine basket, spa for 2 or cigars with humidor. I called and asked if I could have the Tumi bag instead and it arrived, with a Canon Point & Shoot and Bose QC15 headphones inside. Awesome. Thanks AMEX!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Business Centurion Complimentary Gift Program

Have had Card for approximately seven years -
Have never been offered free gifts, such as Personal Card holders have enjoyed.

Received invitation today to choose from one of three:
1 - Wine & Champagne assortment (four different baskets to choose from - very high end wines and bubbly). Wines offered are, depending upon selection, Opus 1, Cakebread and similar. Champagne is Dom P., Cristal and similar. All excellent vintages.
2 - Spa Treatment for Two
3 - Premium Cigars with humidor.

Also, Concierge was profusive in his thanks for being a "good account holder".
Inquired about why program was instituted and was advised that new marketing aimed at rewarding Business Customers, and incentive to continue relationship with Amex.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have combined a couple threads with reports of holiday gifts from American Express (USA), and edited the title to reflect this. However, I did not incorporate this thread which includes some overlapping discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...on-passes.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.