Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex travel booking site: bonus points, fees, and limitations [Consolidated]

Amex travel booking site: bonus points, fees, and limitations [Consolidated]

Old May 31, 2023, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The IAP fares are most often published minus the commission Amex will earn rebated as an upfront discount - and the same for the "pay all with points" - you should be able to see the fare basis listed in the receipt, then you can pull up the rules.
I've purchased fares from AMEX that were not published on EF. Ticketed fare basis simply did not return when I ran EF search.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've purchased fares from AMEX that were not published on EF. Ticketed fare basis simply did not return when I ran EF search.
Could you pull up any fare rules, or even the fare basis on your receipt?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Could you pull up any fare rules, or even the fare basis on your receipt?
Yes, I had the fare basis. That's how I know it wasn't a published fare. It didn't show on EF.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
It makes sense....doesn't really add to my confidence in the booking
Didn't have any issues with my Hotel Collection booking via AMEXTravel in Tokyo...they even managed to merge two reservations (from 2P) so we didn't have to check-out or change rooms - was easy
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Didn't have any issues with my Hotel Collection booking via AMEXTravel in Tokyo...they even managed to merge two reservations (from 2P) so we didn't have to check-out or change rooms - was easy
Hotel and airline bookings are two entirely separate experiences. Hotel is considerably simpler. I don't hesitate to book FHR through Amex, but it would take a really spectacular savings to convince me to ever book another airline ticket through Amex/Expedia.

And I would assume it was the hotel that merged yout two bookings, not Amex.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Hotel and airline bookings are two entirely separate experiences. Hotel is considerably simpler. I don't hesitate to book FHR through Amex, but it would take a really spectacular savings to convince me to ever book another airline ticket through Amex/Expedia.

And I would assume it was the hotel that merged yout two bookings, not Amex.
Correct, it was two different AMEX accounts but the hotel handled everything without protest (of course, only got 1x $100 hotel credit - which was expected)
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Data point: booking Delta D1 through through Amex travel.

Recently booked Delta D1 ICN-SLC via SEA. Amex travel had the best connection and the lowest price beating: Delta, google flights, Kayak and Skyscanner. Could not even find the connection on the Delta website, though I did not use the advanced search.

Seems to be a benefit of the Amex / Delta tie up. Or is it a benefit of the IAP International Airline Program?

Jim

PS SEA Centurion Lounge had no wait and the SkyClub was offering strawberry shortcake on a cart as well as the Gelato stand. Yum,
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:13 am

Booking with Amex Travel- enter partner program loyalty number?

I am accustomed to booking on Turkish Airlines and entering my United Milage Plus number and getting Milage Plus points for Turkish Airlines flights. I was trying to book a Turkish Airlines. flight through Amex Travel. They ask me for my Turkish Airlines loyalty number. There is no place to enter a loyalty number from a partner airline. I was wondering if there was a way to book the flight through Amex Travel so I can get United Milage Plus points for my Turkish Airlines flights
Old Aug 31, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joejoe2
I am accustomed to booking on Turkish Airlines and entering my United Milage Plus number and getting Milage Plus points for Turkish Airlines flights. I was trying to book a Turkish Airlines. flight through Amex Travel. They ask me for my Turkish Airlines loyalty number. There is no place to enter a loyalty number from a partner airline. I was wondering if there was a way to book the flight through Amex Travel so I can get United Milage Plus points for my Turkish Airlines flights
This is a bug they will never fix - just leave it blank, then go to the Turkish website and enter it manually.
joejoe2 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 10:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
To locate the transaction on the airline's website I believe you will need the Ticket Number. This means you will need to wait until the flight is ticketed, which may take a few days. I would look for the Ticket Number in the American Express card transaction details, but it may also be stored on the Amex travel site.
joejoe2 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by joejoe2
I think you can just show your mileage card when you check in at Turkish airlines for the flight. They will credit the points
Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
My question is similar to #699 and one other. I am trying to use up some soon-to-be orphaned MR points, but AMEX travel doesn't show Singapore Air's "business lite" fares. Does that mean there's no way of booking that fare with AMEX, even if I call? It's just excluded from travel agencies?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm trying to make a booking for a stay next year at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba, it lists the following offer:

"Receive a complimentary fifth night when booking a stay of at least 5 nights at Banyan Tree Mayakoba. To take advantage of this offer, book from 27DEC23 through 31MAR24 for hotel stays from 02JAN24 and completed by 18DEC24"

But no matter what dates I put, no matter 5 or 7 nights, it keeps saying "change your dates to see a special offer at this property" and doesn't apply the deal. What am I missing Herr? fwiw the exact same thing also happens with the Viceroy Riviera Maya. Haven't had this happen before, feels like I'm missing something obvious. The viceroy offer is:

"Receive a complimentary fourth night plus one complimentary spirit tasting for two when booking a stay of at least 4 nights at Viceroy Riviera Maya (subject to capacity constraints; advance reservations suggested). To take advantage of this offer, book from 15DEC23 through 15MAR24 for hotel stays from 07JAN24 and completed by 03NOV24"

So a 5-7 night stay in the summer should definjtely apply...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.