Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex or Amex MR Gold card?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

SPG Amex or Amex MR Gold card?

Hi,

I'm debating to get one more card, as I already have an AA citi card and a united MP card.

this would be either the SPG Amex or the Amex Membership reward Gold card. The platinum is too high of requirement at this time.

I'm wondering what would be better, easier to transfer points to any airline and hotel group.

i'd prefer the convenience of transfering to cathay or singapore especially for flights to asia. and also hotel stays in asia.

Any suggestions?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Begin reading at post #81 in this thread for a good comparison of Premier Rewards Gold vs SPG credit card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post13097679

Membership Rewards would be better than Starwood for transfers to Singapore Airlines, while SPG is better for Cathay Pacific. However, it's not necessary to transfer to the program of the airline on which you wish to fly. In general, you can redeem through any Star Alliance program for travel on SQ and through any OneWorld program for travel on CX.

Membership Rewards is generally weak value for hotel program transfers or direct hotel redemptions.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for posting this, Mia. I really appreciate the pointer, as its quite a maze in here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.