Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Travel Benefits for [USA] Platinum Card and Centurion Card members [15-Sep-2010]

New Travel Benefits for [USA] Platinum Card and Centurion Card members [15-Sep-2010]

Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I agree, the wording appears to contain an editing error. I asked American Express and have written assurance that this also applies to OPEN (business) cards.
I can confirm that OPEN cards also get this benefit... I got my letter the other day.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:45 pm

The requirement to pay for the ticket with the card is the major issue for me, at least in the near term. I have several trips on AA next year where I know I'll be checking bags. But, I'm already ticketed. It would have made upgrading from gold to plat an easy choice.

I wonder whether I could talk my way into the benefit even for previously purchased tickets if I offered to upgrade to plat immediately. Not sure why they'd say yes, but who knows? Anyone have any kind of experience with this sort of request for Amex?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thissnisnottaken35
I can confirm that OPEN cards also get this benefit... I got my letter the other day.
Just got mine too and it does say personal and business. Strange that no one would have proofread the terms online!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:39 pm
bbd

on my letter i got in the mail today from the Business Centurion member ship it says they have added st. regis to the hotel program and hilton hhonos diamond status fast track to the card earlier this year.

which i never got the upgrade it seems.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
thats $200 i can spend on buying $7 small liquor spirits..... i love the SKYY Vodka/Malibu Rum/Jack Daniel's cute mini airline bottles! looks like i can buy 28 of them and stuff them into my carry on. Thanks AMEX! now... to book a December flight LOL
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbd
and hilton hhonos diamond status fast track to the card earlier this year.

Did you complete the two stays after the fast track benefit was added? If so how long ago was the second stay? I'm wondering because I am doing my second stay and want the diamond status for some upcoming trips
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
on my letter i got in the mail today from the Business Centurion member ship it says they have added st. regis to the hotel program and hilton hhonos diamond status fast track to the card earlier this year.

Has anyone else heard anything about St. Regis? It's not showing up on the Centurion website.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviators99
Has anyone else heard anything about St. Regis? It's not showing up on the Centurion website.
My letter for personal cent says it too.

'In addition, we wanted to remind you that we also added St. Regis to the Centurion Hotel Program and Hilton HHonors Diamond Status Fast Track...'
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by gallardo
My letter for personal cent says it too.

'In addition, we wanted to remind you that we also added St. Regis to the Centurion Hotel Program and Hilton HHonors Diamond Status Fast Track...'
Just got the letter myself. It's a $200 food & beverage credit or a $200 spa credit for a minimum 2 night stay. F&B can be in-room or restaurant.

Also, the letter is specific about elite status (ending Jan 31, 2012)

Interesting that the letter "reminds" us about St. Regis, as I don't think it was ever mentioned before?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviators99
Interesting that the letter "reminds" us about St. Regis, as I don't think it was ever mentioned before?
Agreed, this is the first I've heard of it too.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Wonder if the airline credit can be used towards a lounge 'membership' and not just towards day passes? Didn't see anything specific in the T&C (although I may have just missed it).
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:57 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SamZeb
Wonder if the airline credit can be used towards a lounge 'membership'
Probably not. The benefit requires a ticket purchase in conjunction with the fee. It's not known how American Express' system will use the ticket information to validate the fees. [Speculation] I suppose it might be possible to purchase a membership at a club during a trip and have the charge appear in the correct date range.[/Speculation]
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by SamZeb
Wonder if the airline credit can be used towards a lounge 'membership' and not just towards day passes? Didn't see anything specific in the T&C (although I may have just missed it).
I suppose ne could purchase $200 worth of guest passes to visit the club and then apply that amount towards a club membership...
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I suppose ne could purchase $200 worth of guest passes to visit the club and then apply that amount towards a club membership...
Great Idea!!!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I fly Southwest a lot up and down the West Coast on business...and I always charge my trips to my Plat Card.

So does this mean I can booze it up to the tune of $200? Booze is the ONLY inflight purchase on Southwest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.