Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Points Mall

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PR, DELTA SM
Bonus Points Mall

I don't stay in a hotel too often (so I usually take Air RDMs over hotel points) but I noticed that on the bonus points mall I can get 3x points if I book the hotel I'm going to stay at though their portal. Is it possible to double dip and collect the bonus points from AMEX and collect the 2 miles/$1 spent though priority club?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: A few
Good question... I would assume you would get your normal hotel stay points. But I will be honest this is the first I've heard of this. I see they have most SPG hotels at 3x points. That may make it attractive to use
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When you book a hotel stay through Bonus Points Mall, or any other shopping portal, you will still earn points in the chain's program because the booking is actually made through the chain's own website. Bear in mind that when you use Bonus Points Mall you must pay with a card enrolled in Membership Rewards to earn the bonus. Also, when American Express says "3x" they mean "two bonus points" per dollar. You may do better booking through another portal if you prefer to pay with the hotel chain's own credit card.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: A few
which other portals offer bonuses on starwood properties?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:20 pm
mia

Here are two that I have used:

Virgin Atlantic has a wide range of travel partners, but you must login to your Flying Club account to access the page:

http://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/cate...avel/81312/12/

The Starwood brands (Four Points, Sheraton, Westin are only 1 mile per dollar, but it's more attractive on Intercontinental Hotel Group brands which offer 3 miles per dollar. You can even earn 1 mile per dollar through this portal to shop at Expedia, Travelocity or similar sites.

Air Miles Mart is another possibility. The earning rate is low (typically 1 point per two dollars), and slow to post, but you can earn Starpoints rather than airline miles.

http://airmilesmart.com/index.asp
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by mia
I would not attribute any value to these types of online shopping portal bonuses because you can easily earn elsewhere and pay with any card. In particular I would not book travel through americanexpress.com/travel because they add a booking fee for a service which is otherwise free.
Amex seems to have a link to travelocity on their bonus points mall that gives 3x. You could book travel there..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:11 am
mia

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Amex seems to have a link to travelocity on their bonus points mall ...
I do not see Travelocity listed on bonuspointsmall.com , but there are several hotel chains and a couple of rental car sites. Travelocity and Expedia do participate in the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club shopping portal.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
I do not see Travelocity listed on bonuspointsmall.com , but there are several hotel chains and a couple of rental car sites. Travelocity and Expedia do participate in the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club shopping portal.
I'd like to point out that I'm not an Amex card holder. This is just what I found while perusing the site.

link
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:48 am
mia

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
...just what I found ...
Thank you, if you click the Travelocity icon you will see this is a temporary promotion for using an American Express card to buy a vacation package on travelocity.com. It is unrelated to Bonus Points Mall and would not apply to purchasing airfare alone.

EARN 3X MEMBERSHIP REWARDS® POINTS FOR HOTEL AND VACATION PACKAGES ON TRAVELOCITY.COM

OFFER VALID 10/15/2010 - 12/31/2010

Book a hotel or flight + hotel on Travelocity.com and earn triple Membership Rewards® points. Simply enter promo code AMEXPTS3X on Travelocity.com with an eligible enrolled American Express® Card. For more information, visit Travelocity.com.

TO EARN...
Visit Travelocity.com today to earn triple Membership Rewards® points!
Promo Code AMEXPTS3X.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you, if you click the Travelocity icon you will this is a temporary promotion for using an American Express card to buy a vacation package on travelocity.com. It is unrelated to Bonus Points Mall and would not apply to purchasing airfare alone.
Ah. Very good to know, as I was considering this feature on whether to get the Amex card or not. Thanks for helping me out on that one!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:58 am
mia

To see the current participants in Bonus Points Mall, go here:

https://www.bonuspointsmall.com/index.htm

and click [See Partner Directory]

Also, remember that when American Express says "3x" they mean "two bonus points". You earn one point per dollar for the spend, and two additional points for using their portal or promotional code etc.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ciscoguy81
I don't stay in a hotel too often (so I usually take Air RDMs over hotel points) but I noticed that on the bonus points mall I can get 3x points if I book the hotel I'm going to stay at though their portal. Is it possible to double dip and collect the bonus points from AMEX and collect the 2 miles/$1 spent though priority club?
You'll receive bonus points from AMEX and you'll receive your hotel chain points. It worked for me back when I was in Miami this past August .
Old Dec 25, 2010, 2:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Chairman US Air, four million miles Delta and F.C., Plat Prem Marriott, Marquis Jet," Air America
Extra points

Just bought $10,000 TV system from Best Buy. After I picked out what I wanted, used computer in store to go to bonus mall at AmEx. Clicked Best Buy, ordered it with in store pick up and now 40,000 points instead of 10,000!
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well, I don't buy $10k items very much but this is definitely one of the reasons I do most of my shopping online now. Even for things that are nearby in the store, I can usually find bonus points, cash back, or an online coupon.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by meisterau
Just bought $10,000 TV system from Best Buy. After I picked out what I wanted, used computer in store to go to bonus mall at AmEx. Clicked Best Buy, ordered it with in store pick up and now 40,000 points instead of 10,000!
Sweet deal! Good thinking there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.