Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Previous PLT and GLD card holder thinking of getting AMEX Again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum

Hello folks, I used to be a PLT and GLD holder.

I had an FR and they closed my accounts. I had a balance on the GLD and just paid it off in full.

Anyone ever go back to amex? Thinking of the PLT or SPG.

I want to get a SPG Biz and Personal.

I would appreciate anyones experience if it is similar. Thank you.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
If you have not already noticed the SPG is running a sweet signup bonus deal right now for 30k starpoints on $1k spend. I think that's definitely the way to go if you want a credit card.

If you do a lot of traveling and appreciate club access, travel insurance, and FHR plus can pay the bill off at the end of each month then grab an Amex platinum. If you need a referral for 25k MR points then let me know and I will refer you. (Transparency: I will receive 10k bonus for the referral)

Personally I have both. I have SPG for business and the PLT for personal. I am about to pull the ole switcharoo though and get PLT business and SPG personal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.