How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Old Jul 2, 19, 10:24 am
  #226  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: BUF and JFK
Programs: UR and MR
Posts: 45
I used the "search this thread" function but it didn't show up; How long does it usually take for referral points to show up?
ToastedSi is offline  
Old Jul 11, 19, 6:48 pm
  #227  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Data Point: Have Amex Biz Plat and my pending MR points posted immediately after my most recent payment posted. Normally they would not post until a week or so later when my next statement closed, but it appears pending points are now posting upon payment.

Probably should have been this way all along, but that's another story...
amexman is offline  
Old Jul 11, 19, 7:01 pm
  #228  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,409
See also:

What are the points accelerated? (USA personal Platinum)
mia is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:59 am
  #229  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 90
Hmmm... my "Point Summary" page has a new UI and apparently my points got posted just after I pay off the statement balance... seems like there has been a system upgrade?
eddiehuang97 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 12:36 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by eddiehuang97 View Post
Hmmm... my "Point Summary" page has a new UI and apparently my points got posted just after I pay off the statement balance... seems like there has been a system upgrade?
I saw this as well, the way the language is presented for pending points seems like a pretty significant upgrade in how points post. The trigger being payment rather than waiting for the next statement to cut.
tutkija80 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:57 pm
  #231  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by tutkija80 View Post


I saw this as well, the way the language is presented for pending points seems like a pretty significant upgrade in how points post. The trigger being payment rather than waiting for the next statement to cut.
im seeing this too, huge upgrade. was trying to figure out how i jumped in points so fast.
cplush is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:29 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by cplush View Post
im seeing this too, huge upgrade. was trying to figure out how i jumped in points so fast.
I guess Amex finally figured out that people will pay earlier to get their points earlier.
amexman is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 4:40 pm
  #233  
GRG
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Traverse City, MI
Programs: DL SM
Posts: 19
I also noticed the change this afternoon, as well as an unexpected points jump. The "pending" points for my last statement period that ended earlier this week posted today (I paid the bill on Wednesday). I didn't expect to see them until next month. What concerns me is they still show a significant amount of "pending" points that I can't reconcile with my spending, so I'm wondering if a mistake was made during the transition to the new page. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens before transferring them over to DL.

Last edited by GRG; Jul 12, 19 at 5:00 pm Reason: Grammar/spelling mistake.
GRG is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:18 pm
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 363
Originally Posted by GRG View Post
I also noticed the change this afternoon, as well as an unexpected points jump. The "pending" points for my last statement period that ended earlier this week posted today (I paid the bill on Wednesday). I didn't expect to see them until next month. What concerns me is they still show a significant amount of "pending" points that I can't reconcile with my spending, so I'm wondering if a mistake was made during the transition to the new page. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens before transferring them over to DL.
Yeah, my MR total balance jumped ~8k when I checked this morning and saw the new UI...this and the clawbacks...does not seem like this is going to be a win for the consumer
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:26 pm
  #235  
GRG
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Traverse City, MI
Programs: DL SM
Posts: 19
It looks like they may have taken the page down, I can no longer access my MR points anywhere on the website, though they still show up on the mobile app.
GRG is offline  
Old Jul 13, 19, 5:52 am
  #236  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by GRG View Post
It looks like they may have taken the page down, I can no longer access my MR points anywhere on the website, though they still show up on the mobile app.
that happened to me as well, its back up and running now. its great that you can filter by card and status, but i wish i had a summation at the bottom of the page (i.e. total earned or pending, etc). still a huge upgrade from before
cplush is offline  
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:15 pm
  #237  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 7,292
Originally Posted by amexman View Post
I guess Amex finally figured out that people will pay earlier to get their points earlier.
Or, they realized there's almost no cost savings to them in deferring the points posting by what is just a few days for most people, yet there IS cost savings in not having to take the phone calls from people asking for points acceleration.
Steve M is offline  
Old Jul 14, 19, 5:46 am
  #238  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by GRG View Post
I also noticed the change this afternoon, as well as an unexpected points jump. The "pending" points for my last statement period that ended earlier this week posted today (I paid the bill on Wednesday). I didn't expect to see them until next month. What concerns me is they still show a significant amount of "pending" points that I can't reconcile with my spending, so I'm wondering if a mistake was made during the transition to the new page. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens before transferring them over to DL.
my pending points adjusted today, it seems the pending points i had from previous statement all posted but also stayed in the pending point total. my pending points is down roughly the same amount of points from previous statements that posted.
cplush is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:02 am
  #239  
GRG
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Traverse City, MI
Programs: DL SM
Posts: 19
It looks like points from some Amex Offers are posting immediately now, too. I have offers added to my gold card for addition points at Boxed and BP/Amoco stations. The base points go into pending status, but the additional bonus points are posting as earned the same day the transaction is posted.
GRG is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 7:58 am
  #240  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 365
How long does it take for refer a friend bonuses to show up? Wife and I each referred the other to a new card yesterday and were approved.

Also, is the 55,000 referral limit per card or per person?
jags86 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread