How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Old Jul 2, 19, 10:24 am

Programs: UR and MR
I used the "search this thread" function but it didn't show up; How long does it usually take for referral points to show up?
Old Jul 11, 19, 6:48 pm

Data Point: Have Amex Biz Plat and my pending MR points posted immediately after my most recent payment posted. Normally they would not post until a week or so later when my next statement closed, but it appears pending points are now posting upon payment.

Probably should have been this way all along, but that's another story...
Old Jul 11, 19, 7:01 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
See also:

What are the points accelerated? (USA personal Platinum)
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Hmmm... my "Point Summary" page has a new UI and apparently my points got posted just after I pay off the statement balance... seems like there has been a system upgrade?
Old Jul 12, 19, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97 View Post
Hmmm... my "Point Summary" page has a new UI and apparently my points got posted just after I pay off the statement balance... seems like there has been a system upgrade?
I saw this as well, the way the language is presented for pending points seems like a pretty significant upgrade in how points post. The trigger being payment rather than waiting for the next statement to cut.
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by tutkija80 View Post

I saw this as well, the way the language is presented for pending points seems like a pretty significant upgrade in how points post. The trigger being payment rather than waiting for the next statement to cut.
im seeing this too, huge upgrade. was trying to figure out how i jumped in points so fast.
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by cplush View Post
im seeing this too, huge upgrade. was trying to figure out how i jumped in points so fast.
I guess Amex finally figured out that people will pay earlier to get their points earlier.
Old Jul 12, 19, 4:40 pm
GRG

Programs: DL SM
I also noticed the change this afternoon, as well as an unexpected points jump. The "pending" points for my last statement period that ended earlier this week posted today (I paid the bill on Wednesday). I didn't expect to see them until next month. What concerns me is they still show a significant amount of "pending" points that I can't reconcile with my spending, so I'm wondering if a mistake was made during the transition to the new page. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens before transferring them over to DL.

Last edited by GRG; Jul 12, 19 at 5:00 pm Reason: Grammar/spelling mistake.
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by GRG View Post
I also noticed the change this afternoon, as well as an unexpected points jump. The "pending" points for my last statement period that ended earlier this week posted today (I paid the bill on Wednesday). I didn't expect to see them until next month. What concerns me is they still show a significant amount of "pending" points that I can't reconcile with my spending, so I'm wondering if a mistake was made during the transition to the new page. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens before transferring them over to DL.
Yeah, my MR total balance jumped ~8k when I checked this morning and saw the new UI...this and the clawbacks...does not seem like this is going to be a win for the consumer
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:26 pm
GRG

It looks like they may have taken the page down, I can no longer access my MR points anywhere on the website, though they still show up on the mobile app.
Old Jul 13, 19, 5:52 am

It looks like they may have taken the page down, I can no longer access my MR points anywhere on the website, though they still show up on the mobile app.
that happened to me as well, its back up and running now. its great that you can filter by card and status, but i wish i had a summation at the bottom of the page (i.e. total earned or pending, etc). still a huge upgrade from before
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by amexman View Post
I guess Amex finally figured out that people will pay earlier to get their points earlier.
Or, they realized there's almost no cost savings to them in deferring the points posting by what is just a few days for most people, yet there IS cost savings in not having to take the phone calls from people asking for points acceleration.
Old Jul 14, 19, 5:46 am

my pending points adjusted today, it seems the pending points i had from previous statement all posted but also stayed in the pending point total. my pending points is down roughly the same amount of points from previous statements that posted.
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:02 am
GRG

It looks like points from some Amex Offers are posting immediately now, too. I have offers added to my gold card for addition points at Boxed and BP/Amoco stations. The base points go into pending status, but the additional bonus points are posting as earned the same day the transaction is posted.
Old Jul 15, 19, 7:58 am

How long does it take for refer a friend bonuses to show up? Wife and I each referred the other to a new card yesterday and were approved.

Also, is the 55,000 referral limit per card or per person?

Search this Thread