Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:47 pm

Long vs. short form application

Sorry, another question. Given all the discussion on other threads about difficulties in getting bonus miles honored, and having to prove the offer, is it better to complete the long form application for this card (which I've already screen printed in blank, but would also screen print when completed) or use the short form available for holders of other Amex cards. The short form makes no mention of the bonus offer whereas at least a screen print of the long form shows the terms of the offer on the left side.

Though - actually I'm not sure I can even complete the long form because once I click "yes" to having another Amex card, it immediately takes me to the short form.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I would complete the long form, since it has the bonus miles offer listed on the side, and you can take a screenshot of it for proof. Just click 'no' when it asks about having another Amex - doesn't really affect anything other than prefilling in info on the app.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:33 am

AMEX 50K

New to flyertalk. I applied and received the Gold AMEX Business card through the 50K offer. I have checked with AMEX 3 times since and they can NOT confirm that I have that offer attached to the card. Weird. I am still pursuing it. They act like there is no such offer.

Also, I see reference to Costco cash cards and buying coins. DO those really work? I thought AMEX stopped allowing coin purchases. If so, where does one go to buy them?
Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gktmd2
They act like there is no such offer....coin purchases. If so, where does one go to buy them?
Thanks
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The 50,000 point offer is Bonus ID 2751. That's all American Express need to locate the offer. I suggest communicating with them only by logging into your account and using the secure messaging feature. Calling on the phone does not create the same accountability.

Click here to read about buying coins from the US Mint...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...in-thread.html
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Silver
according to what I printed out, if you spend 50k in eligible spending you get 25kMR and THAT is bonus id2751.

Getting 50kMR for opening the new account and the 10k spend by 12/31/10 is id3966 on the offer I applied for.

Anyone else have that?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:09 am

detony, on the screen print of the T&Cs that I did, I have both bonus ID numbers. As you point out, 3966 appears to relate to the $10K spend for 50K points, and 2751 appears to relate to the 25K points for every year in which you spend $50K. Are we on the same page?

I had a moment of panic when I found 2751 before finding 3966!!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Both bonus IDs and much more are in the link in post #1
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:35 am
mia

Originally Posted by detony
if you spend 50k in eligible spending you get 25kMR and THAT is bonus id2751.Getting 50kMR for opening the new account and the 10k spend by 12/31/10 is id3966
You are correct, I copied the Bonus ID from the wrong footnote. Sorry for the confusion. In any event, there's no way that American Express can act like there is no such offer if the Bonus ID is provided.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:51 pm

Looking at the T&Cs for this offer, are the 50,000 points only spendable on airline tickets?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:35 am
mia

Originally Posted by cardtracker
...are the 50,000 points only spendable on airline tickets?
No, American Express typically includes an example of the redemption value in their marketing material.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by dinosims
Has anyone tried this without actually having a business? I know for Chase's and Citi's business cards, there's been lots of experiences with people using their SS# and personal/household income instead of a business', but I haven't heard of anyone doing the same with Amex (after doing a quick search). Would this work? 50k is an awesome offer. The questions on the app seem to be a bit more detailed than other's I've seen as well.
I'd also be interested if anyone applied as a sole proprietor of a business with no income.

What about SPG Business AMEX? Do those applications undergo the same scrutiny? It's an "Optima" type of card, so I'm wondering if it's different.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by rrgg
I'd also be interested if anyone applied as a sole proprietor of a business with no income.

What about SPG Business AMEX? Do those applications undergo the same scrutiny? It's an "Optima" type of card, so I'm wondering if it's different.
I applied for and got instantly approved for the AMEX Business Gold Card and I have a small sole proprietorship. IIRC, the application asks for a range of "$0 - $49,999", right? I actually do make money at mine, but certainly less than $49,999 and I got the card with no pre-set spending limit.

As for SPG Business AMEX... I just applied for that one today and got the 14 day wait thing. But, just this week I got accepted for the Business Gold Rewards card & the HHonors card (free one, not Surpass). And I already have a personal SPG & Premiere Rewards Gold. From what I've been seeing on the two threads about the SPG Business, most (if not all) applications for the SPG Business are getting the 14 day wait message.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:19 am

I have had several emails back and forth, they seem to be saying that the offer is only for people who have not had a business account before. Below is what they said

Regrettably, I am unable to confirm that the referenced Business Gold Rewards account is eligible for the referenced bonus ID(3966).

Please note that the referenced Bonus ID does offer 50,000 bonus points for meeting a $10,000 spending criteria.

However, please note that this offer is an acquisition offer, directed at New Cardmembers only, as you have previously held several Business Accounts, and received several new account bonus' you would not be eligible for any additional new account offers for this type of Card product.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by joejoe2
...seem to be saying that the offer is only for people who have not had a business account before.
Yes, that's what Customer Service is telling you, but ask them to show you this requirement in the Terms and Conditions of their offer. If the offer is ambiguous it should be interpreted in favor of the customer, because American Express had the opportunity to write it to say exactly what they intended. If they didn't do this it shouldn't be your problem.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:59 am

OK. I'll roll the dice.

I PDF'd the applicatrion....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.