Which AMEX Card is right for my business?

Old May 23, 2010, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Which AMEX Card is right for my business?

I own a small business that spends $50k-$75k each month on our AMEX credit cards. We were previously using Platinum exclusively until a customer service representative encouraged us to switch to business green rewards. I'm not sure why but we made the switch. We carry no balances month-to-month. I want to use whichever card will accrue MR points the fastest! When I used AMEX's side-by-side comparison tool, I was more confused than ever- different types of rewards points and programs seemed like apples to oranges. I would love some guidance from the resident experts!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by AllBusiness; May 23, 2010 at 9:16 pm Reason: added additional question
Old May 23, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
Originally Posted by AllBusiness
I own a small business that spends $50k-$75k each month on our AMEX credit cards. We were previously using Platinum exclusively until a customer service representative encouraged us to switch to business green rewards. I'm not sure why but we made the switch. We carry no balances month-to-month. I want to use whichever card will accrue MR points the fastest! When I used AMEX's side-by-side comparison tool, I was more confused than ever- different types of rewards points and programs seemed like apples to oranges. I would love some guidance from the resident experts!

Thanks everyone!
For my former business, which we sold over a year ago, are business cards were plat amex and the plum card... then the premier gold and the plum card... 1.5% is pretty good... and gold got us some good MR rewards...
Old May 24, 2010, 5:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AllBusiness
I want to use whichever card will accrue MR points the fastest!
All American Express Business cards which participate in Membership Rewards have essentially the same rewards formula: $1 = 1 point.

The Gold card offers a 25,000 point bonus after spending $50,000 per year, but this is a once-per-year reward. You don't earn another 25,000 when you reach $100,000, etc. However, you might be able to earn multiple bonuses by applying for several separate Gold card accounts, but this may be impractical if you need a large number of cards on each account.

http://www201.americanexpress.com/bu...ess-card/29790

The Platinum card currently offers 5,000 bonus points for each month that you spend at least $10,000, but this is a temporary promotion set to expire in February 2011.

http://www201.americanexpress.com/bu...num-card/29789

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.