Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Financial Review discussion [2009-2013]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:06 pm

This thread would be far less dramatic just by filling out realistic income on an AMEX app. But I'm glad many of you don't as it makes for great reading.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by hmmurdock
This thread would be far less dramatic just by filling out realistic income on an AMEX app. But I'm glad many of you don't as it makes for great reading.
The real question is whether people are dishonest on the Amex app, or dishonest on the tax returns @:-).
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hmmurdock
Originally Posted by CFFrost
The real question is whether people are dishonest on the Amex app, or dishonest on the tax returns @:-).
Um, both?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:10 pm

Wanted to get folks opinions on something:

I'm thinking about ramping up spending on my personal and business SPG. I've got an 8K limit on the personal and 12K on the business. Both of these were applied for in September and both spends were met at CVS. I've been completely honest on both AmEx apps on my annual earnings.

I'd ideally spend right below 20K per month and just pay it off when the statement closes. (i.e. stay below credit limits monthly) A low maximum per CVS visit is not a big ideal; I literally have one in my apartment building.

1) Can anyone recommend a level to stay at to prevent a FR? Both total monthly and per CVS visit?

2) Has anyone had a FR without paying off mid statement?

3) Should it be "an FR" or "a FR"? (An EFF-ARR or a Financial Review?)
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:57 am

Why would they have been extending him more credit than their algorithms allow for? Is this common practice for a bank to say: "By our calculations we think you should spend $500. We will extend credit up to $1000. If you use all of it though, we might shut you down..."
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:02 pm

The timing is horribly bad when it sounds like you have gotten your act together, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. You should just reapply in 2-3 months when your new 'debt' situation is reflected on your credit report. If you just paid them off, then it isn't going to show yet.

Awesome job at getting your slate wiped clean. If Amex doesn't want you back, then screw em. Plenty of other cards in the sea.

I remember when I was younger (23, I think), and Discover card turned me down, despite perfect credit and responsible credit card use (I had a credit card since I was 18). Never forgave them (not that I'd want that crappy card anyway, now).
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by LA2NYC
I'd rather not have to go through an FR.

1) You can MS more than your yearly income? (ie 10K a month, 120K, vs income of 90K) - I've exceeded mine, and I'm sure you have FT-ers that do multiples of their yearly income with no AA

2) Still new to the MS/CB game would rather go slow than burn bridges with Amex. Similar to above, what spend (% of income/CL) do you think is possible without being FRed? - no one knows for sure except AMEX, but I've noticed that AMEX will most likely leave you alone if you idle some cash in their savings account,

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html

Last edited by mia; Jan 3, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.