is there an amex lurker????

Old May 10, 10, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
is there an amex lurker????

hey....is there a lurker on this forum like we have william & thyetus in the spg forum????
Old May 10, 10, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
saad, Amex Customer Care's FT profile is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...omer-care.html

Amex does not maintain the same type of forum presence William and Thyetus do, but stops in from time-to-time to reach out to FTers in a pinch.
Old May 10, 10, 9:44 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Yes...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...omer-care.html

...but the the analogy to Starwood Preferred Guest is not useful.

Amex Customer Care is a handle used by a team of people employed in the customer service department of American Express in the USA. They can assist if you have a problem or question pertaining to a card account. While the initial contacts may be made in the forum the resolution occurs privately. In my understanding this team cannot assist with cards issued in any other country.

American Express Membership Rewards does not have a representative here.

Last edited by mia; May 10, 10 at 10:45 am
Old May 10, 10, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Amex Customer Care is only around every few weeks or so. You need to be patient in receiving a reply.
Old May 10, 10, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by skofarrell View Post
Amex Customer Care is only around every few weeks or so. You need to be patient in receiving a reply.
No need to wait around for the reply; I can tell you what it will be: Please open a case by logging in to your account and using the secure messaging portal to contact us.

They have a presence so that they can say that they have a presence, not so that they can actually do anything useful with it.
Old May 10, 10, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
good to know there is someone around....need some help with my hilton surpass card....will get in touch with Amex Customer Care & see if they can help....
Old May 10, 10, 3:29 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by saad View Post
good to know there is someone around....need some help with my hilton surpass card....will get in touch with Amex Customer Care & see if they can help....
As MIA said in a previous post - they cannot assist non-USA members, unfortunately. It simply falls outside of their jurisdiction.

So if your card is India-based (or other non-USA), this is probably not the address that will help you.
Old May 10, 10, 3:47 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by S.Bling View Post
...cannot assist non-USA members...
In my understanding it the country of card issuance, not the cardholder's residence, which is the limiting factor. I have the impression that Surpass is only issued in the US. I do not see it on Indian site:

http://www.americanexpress.com/india...TLINK_homepage

Last edited by mia; May 11, 10 at 9:57 am
Old May 10, 10, 11:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Avis First, Sixt Plat
they are here, and while they dont post often, they are active. twice so far ive posted here about a problem ive had with amex, and both times ive been contacted by amex within a day or two to help me resolve it.
Old May 11, 10, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S.Bling View Post
As MIA said in a previous post - they cannot assist non-USA members, unfortunately. It simply falls outside of their jurisdiction.

So if your card is India-based (or other non-USA), this is probably not the address that will help you.
just because my profile lists that i am in india doesn't mean that i am a non-usa member....

the hilton surpass card is only available in the US....
Old May 11, 10, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
In my understanding it the country of card issuance, not the cardholder's residence, which is the limiting factor. I have the impression that Surpass is only issued in the US. I do not see it one Indian site:

http://www.americanexpress.com/india...TLINK_homepage
that is correct....
Old May 11, 10, 9:25 pm

For account issues (including bonus points), sending a secure message via the AmEx website is the most effective way. All of my issues have been resolved within 1-2 business days when using the Social Media Inquiry link.
Old Jun 24, 10, 2:38 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Hi Saad,

Yes, we do represent American Express and we try to join the conversations we can help with. If your issue has not been resolved you can either contact us via Private Message on FlyerTalk or via Secure Message at:

www.americanexpress.com/messagecenter

Please be sure to address it- Social Media, Rachel and I will be more than happy to help.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions in the future.

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
Old Jun 25, 10, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care View Post
Hi Saad,

Yes, we do represent American Express and we try to join the conversations we can help with. If your issue has not been resolved you can either contact us via Private Message on FlyerTalk or via Secure Message at:

www.americanexpress.com/messagecenter

Please be sure to address it- Social Media, Rachel and I will be more than happy to help.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions in the future.

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
thanks rachel....my issue is now resolved....i was traveling at the time i started this thread so was trying to avoid a call back to the US....but i eventually did & managed to get this sorted out....
Old Jul 10, 10, 2:10 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Amex does not maintain the same type of forum presence William and Thyetus do, but stops in from time-to-time to reach out to FTers in a pinch.
Amex Customer Care is a handle used by a team of people employed in the customer service department of American Express in the USA.

American Express Membership Rewards does not have a representative here.
They have a presence so that they can say that they have a presence, not so that they can actually do anything useful with it.
It is interesting that Amex does not seem to care much about the customers - 5 posts by a whole "team" in the month of June (what Starwood Lurker posts in a day), none yet in July and no threads started. I understand that this forum likely does not have the largest proportion of Amex customers as compared to other sites, but I imagine that some of their best customers are here on FT.

Take a look at your recent Public Profile views, you may have noticed they have viewed it... curious.

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care View Post
Yes, we do represent American Express and we try to join the conversations we can help with.

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
Hi Rachel,

May I ask you some questions?:
1. What is the goal of American Express's presence in this forum?
2. Is there perhaps another forum where American Express takes a more active role? If so, would you be so kind as to disclose it/them?
3. Why is there so little interaction from American Express and no representation from Membership Rewards here on FT?
4. Do you present the information gathered in these forums back to your corporate marketing, operations and/or executive teams? If so, have you seen any positive or negative results and/or changes as a result?
5. Do you view forum member profiles in order to ascertain any personal information from them or to attempt to connect them to their true identity as Amex customers?

Thank you in advance for your swift and thorough response.

Search this Thread