Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 11:11 am
H99

Programs: centurion
if this does become an ongoing benefit, then it represents amex getting something right. I have previously posted that I've been quite happy staying at Hilton's even as a Gold - Hilton Gold is a superior thing to Starwood Gold IMHO. There's not so many Hiltons in the UK outside of London but some nice ones around the world. Hopefully thought this doesnt represent a dilution of Hilton Diamond. I suspect also that its for a limited time (two years) so that if Hilton don't renew, there isn't so much of a repeat of the Starwood downgrade.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by S.Bling
I have been told that this is not a "mistaken downgrade" issue, but a real benefit arrangement with Hilton which was rolled out worldwide.
Might be a bit of both, according to the letter I got with the Diamond card last week, Hilton claim the 50,000 points is an apology for the downgrade. It then goes on to state that as a valued customer the upgrade to Diamond is courtesy of Amex and Hilton.
Old May 7, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Its not a promotion as such, Hilton just tries to rectify a customer service issue when they downgraded some members from Gold to cardboard.
Like they have done for me every year for the past few years meaning I had to phone up to get the correct status.

Just seems crazy that if they can give out Diamond status so easily if Amex had ofered it with the new membership cost they may have retained some customers.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I also got upgraded to Diamond but no 50k points (Cent card based in Germany). Not complaining. I hope the status is valid until Mar 2012...I don't think it's until 2013. The German Cent site is also showing HH Diamond as the current benefit now....nice change...^
Aussie Cent Card, got the upgrade to Diamond until 2013 and the 50k points as 'apology' for downgrade to Blue - but obviously not since this has been a change for (almost) everyone.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Well, just checked my Hilton account - still shows my Gold status - BUT

just checked the German Centurioncard Website and well it is official:

You will get Diamond Status with Hilton as long as you have a Centurion Card... this is for once I call a useful enhancement... well done Centurion this is a hotel status which helps... for me on business trips

if they now bring Starwood Plat and Hyatt Diamond well somebody can still keep dreaming... then the increase in fee on Centurion Card Titan is worthwhile well done
Old May 8, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
Well, just checked my Hilton account - still shows my Gold status - BUT

just checked the German Centurioncard Website and well it is official:

You will get Diamond Status with Hilton as long as you have a Centurion Card... this is for once I call a useful enhancement... well done Centurion this is a hotel status which helps... for me on business trips

if they now bring Starwood Plat and Hyatt Diamond well somebody can still keep dreaming... then the increase in fee on Centurion Card Titan is worthwhile well done
ANyway if this is written on the Centurion Website, Every Centurion's Card holder from all countries could be entitled to get the Diamond Status, because I really don"t think that Hilton knows the numbering of the cards centurions from one country to another.
So once you're centurion from one country, don't hesitate to fill out the "status forms" of the others countries.
I'm almost sure the compagny don't even knows that you're card is not issued from the country. They just expected to have an Amex numbers.
Old May 10, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
ANyway if this is written on the Centurion Website, Every Centurion's Card holder from all countries could be entitled to get the Diamond Status, because I really don"t think that Hilton knows the numbering of the cards centurions from one country to another.
So once you're centurion from one country, don't hesitate to fill out the "status forms" of the others countries.
I'm almost sure the compagny don't even knows that you're card is not issued from the country. They just expected to have an Amex numbers.
On a similar note, I was surprised to receive my HH Diamond card enclosed with a "localized" letter written in French !
Old May 10, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by fredsxb
On a similar note, I was surprised to receive my HH Diamond card enclosed with a "localized" letter written in French !
lol, I'm French, and I received one in English...
Old May 10, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
lol, I'm French, and I received one in English...
I'm French too !
Old May 10, 2010, 8:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
lol, I'm French...
I believe you mentioned that your Centurion card is the IDC version issued in the UK?
Old May 10, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
I believe you mentioned that your Centurion card is the IDC version issued in the UK?
yes Idc from the Uk.
The letter said that they appologies for sending me a wrong status and that they gave me 50k honors points for that..
But we all knows that the 50K came from Centurion...
Anyway it seems that they have a problem with their membership lol because now its the fifth Diamond card that I receive in One month lol
Old May 10, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by fredsxb
I'm French too !
Sorry I thought you were English or American.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
yes IDC from the UK.
I imagine the language of the letter is based on the nationality of the Centurion card account.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
I imagine the language of the letter is based on the nationality of the Centurion card account.
Yes this is what I think
Old May 11, 2010, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mia
It looks like it as my Cent. card was issued in France...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.