Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Considering Upgrade to Plat - Way to check companion fare eligibility?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I'm considering upgrading from Gold to Platinum. I have a specific Air New Zealand flight between LAX-RAR in mind, but I'd like to verify if it's eligible for companion fare before making the plunge. Ideas?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:00 am

You could find a friend or post the flight date and time and you may find a friend on Flyertalk who will check for you

The number of your posts indicate you have been arround for a while so I am sure you are aware that the majority of the time you can find two discounted fares cheaper or equivlent to the companion fare.

The only time the companion fare seems to work is when it is a last minute purchase or you need to make last minute changes or a company will only pay for one ticket. ie..You overpay for the ticket but your spouse technically flies for free
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the offer Centurion. I was able to sweet talk the Plat Travel agent into pricing it out before I saw your suggestion. $4028 with Tax, Title and Dealer prep for LAX-RAR.

My biggest issue was Air New Zealand's website made it seem like the $2200 fare was full business, but then I checked the fine print I noticed it was Z3, not D or J. So Amex is about $370 less, only one PAX gets miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.