Wiki Posts
Search

Survey: American Express Needs YOUR Feedback‏

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Survey: American Express Needs YOUR Feedback‏

Just received the following e-mail from Amex. The questions asked me if I had a platinum card, how I felt about the membership rewards program, specifically how I felt about suggested enhancements.

Dear CYNCYN129,

At American Express, we recognize that listening to the opinions of our
customers is one of the most important things we can do. We invite you to take part in a survey to improve the quality of our products and services and your experiences with them. Your participation will provide valuable information that will help us better meet your needs.

To thank you for completing this survey, American Express will make a payment of $5 to the charity of your selection from the list below, up to $1000.00 per charity. You will be able to select the charity upon completing the survey.

This survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete depending on your answers to the questions. To access the survey, click on "Begin Survey":

We have commissioned Hase-Schannen Research, an independent market reserch company, to conduct and process the survey data with a select group of our Cardmembers.

Be assured that this study is for research purposes only and your responses will only be reported and used in aggregate with responses from other Cardmembers.

Additionally, at no time during this survey will you be asked to purchase anything, and we will not contact you as a result of your participation. Please note that this survey will be running for a limited period of time.

If you have any questions or technical problems while taking the survey please e-mail [email protected].

Thank you in advance for your participation. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
American Express
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Did you complete the survey? What proposals were you asked to evaluate, and how did you respond?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Slvr, Amex Plat, Hertz #1 Gold
There has only been like one of those surveys I ever filled out, it was a long time ago and I believe from Consumer Reports or one of those survey groups. They must have gotten some list of names with mine on it, and it was about a car I owned they wanted feedback on. IIRC, they had put a $10 bill in the envelope, so I filled out the survey which didn't take long.

But otherwise, as a matter of principle, I am not working for free to improve someone else's business. I have actually added the word "survey" to my spam filter. It boggles my mind why people spend a half hour doing a business survey for free.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
some market research company is paying me $150 for 1hr of my time on the phone to get feedback about AMEX. study sourced and funded by AMEX, this is how it should be done.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Slvr, Amex Plat, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by richiezc
some market research company is paying me $150 for 1hr of my time on the phone to get feedback about AMEX. study sourced and funded by AMEX, this is how it should be done.
Yeah, I normally wouldn't have even filled out that one, but they were the only one who even sent $10 so I figured I'd reward the good behavior. Normally into the shredder or spam box they go.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Another Survey

I just received the following e-mail. I'll post the questions after I take the survey.

Dear CYNCYN129,

At American Express, we recognize that listening to the opinions of our customers is one of the most important things we can do. We invite you to participate in a survey as part of our continuous effort to understand customers' needs and improve the quality of our products and services and your experiences with them.

To thank you for completing this survey, American Express will make a payment of $5 to the charity of your selection from the list below, up to $5,000 per charity. You will be able to select the charity upon completing the survey.

This survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete depending on your answers to the questions.

To access the survey, click on "Begin Survey":

We have commissioned Synovate, an independent market research company, to conduct and process the survey data with a select group of our Cardmembers.

Be assured that this study is for research purposes only and your responses will only be reported and used in aggregate with responses from other Cardmembers. Additionally, at no time during this survey will you be asked to purchase anything, and we will not contact you as a result of your participation. Please note that this survey will be running for a limited period of time.

If you have any questions or technical problems while taking the survey please e-mail Synovate at: [email protected].

Thank you in advance for your participation. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
American Express
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Survey Questions

Here is a recap of the questions I was asked:

* Do I have a platinum card?
* How likely would I be to recommend this card to a friend?
* Why?

And that's it! It was 3 questions.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Survey #3

*DELETED*

My mistake, it was the same survey. When I clicked on the "take survey" link, it told me I have already done it.

Last edited by cyncyn129; Apr 29, 2010 at 6:33 am Reason: Wrong info
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I always fill out the surveys they send. How else will they learn what customers/prospects want? I question survey design, but I do it anyway. It's not much time and it might help me in the long run.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chriswufgator

But otherwise, as a matter of principle, I am not working for free to improve someone else's business. I have actually added the word "survey" to my spam filter. It boggles my mind why people spend a half hour doing a business survey for free.
I don't know. If it's not too onerous, I fill them out because I figure if they want to modify their program I'd rather they modify it the way I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.