Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Currently cannot log in to the website. "Internal communication error." iPhone app also doesn't load and gives a "system not responding" error.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:26 am

Off topic, but I also recently got a new AMEX card, the website (for me anyhow) is so slow compared to Chase. The buttons on the site (like log off) don't even respond the first time you click them. Is it just me?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by frankhi
... The buttons on the site (like log off) don't even respond the first time you click them. Is it just me?
I experience this artefact of the amex website -- command buttons are not recognized when they are near the bottom edge of the screen. In other words, the arrow does not even change to the finger when you hover the pointer over a command. This issue is resolved by moving the page up a few lines, so that the buttons of interest are further away from the bottom edge.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Is there a reason I can only see Delta fares on amextravel.com? I tried selecting AA for preferred airline and then no results show.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by AlertPenguin
Seems Amex is having some website issues today so I'd put this more on a glitch than anything else.
In this vein, I just logged in to Amex to check FICO scores. Usual link was not there, and cannot find it under Benefits, either.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:17 am

offers show unavailable since at least 5pm yesterday. only me?

I noticed yesterday that all my offers on two different log ins show as unavailable. I have seen this before but this is the first time it has been so long.... it is still out

Anyone else noticed that? .
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by bklgafly
I noticed yesterday that all my offers on two different log ins show as unavailable. I have seen this before but this is the first time it has been so long.... it is still out

Anyone else noticed that? .
Hilton Gold enrollment, airline 200 credit and SPG enrollment all down. What a Platinum experience. Is this normal? Should I wait for the website to get fixed or call?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:15 pm

Status currently unavailable for all benefits. Chat also disabled. Tried multiple browsers and it's still not working. Anybody else getting this?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:16 pm

Getting the same.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:27 am

Yes. Can't enroll my new Vanilla Plat in anything. Even tried creating a new login.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:36 pm

It came back up last night briefly but its down again today. Is their IT dept incompetent?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
It came back up last night briefly but its down again today. Is their IT dept incompetent?
Yes. Status currently unavailable for all of my amex plat benefits. No one seems to be able to fix or even really cares. Been 2 weeks like this now.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: United 1P
I often had problems with offers using Chrome. Sometimes it is not responsive after I click on "add to card". Other times, it does not even show any offers. Is it common? How can I fix it? Using Incognito does not help, and using Internet Explorer for Amex website is even worse.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Yes. Status currently unavailable for all of my amex plat benefits. No one seems to be able to fix or even really cares. Been 2 weeks like this now.
I've been passed around from department to department and back again and nobody seems to be able to solve this issue for me and they fail to respond to phone calls and emails.

Really frustrating and poor service

The message I get when trying to sign up to all of the programmes is;
Sorry, XXXXXX have been unable to process your enrolment request. This normally happens because there is already a member registered with the email provided or, if applicable, the existing XXXXXX membership number is incorrect. Please provide an alternative email address or your existing XXXXXX membership number and re-submit your request.

I've tried every permutation of email addresses with and without my membership numbers

Has anyone managed to get this issue solved?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:55 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
I have 8 UK cards under one user account. Since 10th August 2019, I'm experiencing the following error whenever I try to download transactions in Quicken, QuickBooks, Microsoft Money, QIF, CSV format for two of my cards:
We're sorry.....We're sorry, Online Services have been unable to complete your request.
Please use your browser's back button or try again in a few minutes. If it keeps on happening, please call
Customer Service, open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We're sorry for any trouble this may cause you.
Over the years, I've seen this error many times, but usually it goes away after a day. This time it is a persistent error and doesn't go away. I've reported it to Amex, but it hasn't been fixed. I'm not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.