Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:25 am

System Wide Problem

I just spoke with CS and they said it's a known issue as there was a system "upgrade" last weekend, it's system wide, all customers are affected, no time table for resolution, all payments are posted on their end and credit available is adjusted correctly even with payments not showing as posted. When the system is fixed all payments and transactions should post to the correct dates.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by brisavmn
I just spoke with CS and they said it's a known issue as there was a system "upgrade" last weekend, it's system wide, all customers are affected, no time table for resolution, all payments are posted on their end and credit available is adjusted correctly even with payments not showing as posted. When the system is fixed all payments and transactions should post to the correct dates.
Thanks, I was about to give them a call as well. Confirm I can see the correct available credit amount. Look like it's a problem on the frontend site.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:38 pm

My statement closed on the 25th and nothing has updated to indicate that the cycle closed or the balance due. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to resolve this issue.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Glad I found this. I couldn't figure out how so many pending charges haven't posted after 5 days. I guess it's related to their upgrade??
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the American Express BANKING side had a planned systemwide upgrade on the 18th. We were warned about after that date we had to get a security pass code to access our banking account as well as reset our password / alerts.

What happened was, it seems EACH and Every single time you want to access the banking account you need to request a security pass code and it comes with a very long delay. Tried to call them and the recorded message was "we are experiencing high volume calls..." Of course, if people cannot access their bank accounts... which incidentally most likely have high balances due to the current yield being 0.85%...

I did not realize the long-announced systemwide upgrade on the banking side might also be occurring on the card side. But it looks like it is, too.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 27, 2013 at 7:05 pm
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:13 pm

I have a bunch of pending transactions probably about 20 total between my BCP & PRG that normally post within 3 business days, that are still pending.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by AtlanticBeach
My statement closed on the 25th and nothing has updated to indicate that the cycle closed or the balance due. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to resolve this issue.
My issues cleared up this morning. Hope that it is a global solution.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by AtlanticBeach
My issues cleared up this morning. Hope that it is a global solution.
It was still iffy on Friday afternoon. But looks like things are back to normal now.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Membership Rewards® website will be temporarily unavailable from
July 13, 2013 11PM EST to July 14, 2013 7:00 PM EST
Old Jul 11, 2013, 7:07 pm

The top level menu bar is always messed up on Firefox for me.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:52 am

Do a lot of people get the "This product is currently not available" after filling out all the information and clicking "Book Flight" on the Travel website? This happens quite a bit. I don't know if I should wait it out or just book directly from the airline...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
AMEX Canada Membership Rewards site - "My Points" page error?

I have been having this problem lately, where I log in to AMEX Canada site, and then go to Membership Rewards, and then click on "My Points" where it's supposed to show me my recent points history, now it says "We are unable to complete this request at the present time".

Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:20 am

works for me right now, as AMEX Platinum

https://global.americanexpress.com/m...sorted_index=0

It comes and goes
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Weird. Doesn't work for me.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Anyone having an issue when trying to transfer points? I just get a yellow box above my "cart" with a speech bubble that has a red exclamation point inside, but no error message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.