Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA personal Platinum Card benefits site

USA Business Platinum Card benefits site

Activate card

USA cardholders work through this list to activate benefits:
  1. Enroll in Priority Pass Select .
  2. Enroll in Airline Fee Credit benefit and choose carrier. You must enroll and choose a carrier prior to making a reimbursable purchase. Read: AA AS B6 DL F9 HA UA WN
  3. Apply for Global Entry ($100 reimbursement) or TSA PreCheck ($85 reimbursement). Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck, but the application process is more involved.
  4. Enroll for Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental Privileges.
  5. Use National status to obtain Hertz Five Star status HERE.
  6. Enroll in Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
  7. Enroll in Hilton Gold Status
  8. Subscribe to Departures Extra email newsletter.
  9. Subscribe to Entertainment newsletter.
  10. Call 888-462-4725 to enroll in Neiman Marcus InCircle program.
  11. Activate free Shoprunner membership
  12. Order free supplementary Gold or Green cards for those whose airline or hotel accounts you plan to link to Membership Rewards. The additional card must be open for 90 days before linking is permitted.
  13. Business Platinum cardholders only: enroll in GoGo Preferred Program (in-flight internet access).

Wait till Janaury 1st and purchase another $200 Airline ecerts (USA only)
Print Wikipost

New Platinum Card: To-Do List

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I just canceled my personal plat and was approved for a biz plat. Is there a way for me to keep my Boingo username/pw but just use the new card number?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:43 pm

about to book a $2k Hyatt hotel stay.
which card would be best to book it on?
I'm curious if any have better warranties/insurances/...?

I have Amex Plat, Chase SP, Amex SPG, Chase Hyatt.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by switchyj
...have Amex Plat, Chase SP, Amex SPG, Chase Hyatt.
Are the American Express products personal or business (OPEN) cards? Is the Hyatt in the USA or elsewhere?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Are the American Express products personal or business (OPEN) cards? Is the Hyatt in the USA or elsewhere?
Hyatt is in MX.
all the cards are personal ( I do have the Chase Ink Business too tho)
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:52 pm
mia

I would pay with Sapphire Preferred or the Hyatt card. Nothing special about using an American Express card at Hyatt unless is a an American Express Business card -and- the Hyatt is a participating USA location in Opening Savings:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...opensavings.do
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I have set up 3 additional cards with my application, would I be able to change additional card member? I mean cancel one and add another person.

Thank you!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS
Anyone have news about the Centurion Lounge at SEATAC? I know it is a studio version from AMEX but, any opinions would be appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by chrisremo
It is 100% impossible for Amex to know who you paid for. It just shows up as a Global Entry fee charge; there's no name in the charge information. I paid for my SO's GE fee since I already had it, and it was automatically reimbursed.
I would imagine the same logic would be applied to the 30% airline bonus as long as the airline is the same one that I declared for the $200 airline incidentals.

I'm planning on paying for my daughter's flight with points - on my selected airline (AA) and I believe I will get 30% of the points back. I did not read anything in the terms that said the ticket purchased had to be for the card holder.

Is my assumption correct?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by milemission
I have set up 3 additional cards with my application, would I be able to change additional card member? I mean cancel one and add another person.

Thank you!
I would believe so
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:36 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pcoll
Anyone have news about the Centurion Lounge at SEATAC?
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ne-2015-a.html
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:24 am

thanks...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:42 pm

If you enroll in Priority Pass, car rental privileges, activate SPG Gold status, etc., and you subsequently close the Amex Platinum card, how long will you maintain status with the previously mentioned programs? For example, do you lose Priority Pass/SPG Gold right when you close your Amex Platinum? Do you keep them for a year?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Alimo
If you enroll in Priority Pass, car rental privileges, activate SPG Gold status, etc., and you subsequently close the Amex Platinum card, how long will you maintain status with the previously mentioned programs? For example, do you lose Priority Pass/SPG Gold right when you close your Amex Platinum? Do you keep them for a year?

Thanks in advance.
I've read that with SPG gold, it stays until SPG notices.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by Alimo
... how long will you maintain.
Priority Pass is closed within a few days. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...cancelled.html
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Has anyone been able to get an AU card and then register that card for Priority Pass without actually activating the AU's Amex?

I know from this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-no-ssn-2.html) plus previous experience that I do not need to provide an SSN for the AU, but it appears that one may be necessary to activate the charge card.

Basically, I'm travelling with friends and would like to get PP cards for one of them for this trip. Costs me nothing extra as I already have two AU cards for Mrs. Lee and Mama Lee, so Friend of Lee would just be using the third.

But, Friend of Lee won't actually be using the charge card for anything other than a means to get a PP. Won't even be using it for DL SCs, Cent Lounges, etc., and certainly not purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.