Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Here are the current (April 2013) transfer times as listed on the Membership Rewards website:

Immediate (but please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer to be completed.)
Air Canada
Alitalia
Asia Miles (Apr 2019, Feb 2021 and Aug 2022, previously annotated as "3-7 days but allow 90 days". Discussion of issues HERE)
Avianca
British Airways
Delta
EL AL
Emirates
Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Frontier
Hawaiian
JetBlue

Choice
Hilton
Marriott (Starwood)

1-2 Days
Virgin Atlantic

2-4 Business Days
All Nippon

3 Business Days
Singapore

4 to 7 days
Iberia

14 business days
AeroMexico
Print Wikipost

MR USA airline and hotel partner transfer times.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:54 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
did it a month ago. it was instant. like my Sanka.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Did it while standing in line at Heathrow - went up to the counter, confirmed there was an upper class seat available, picked up the phone and the Amex rep did it over the phone.

I'd guess beginning of call to end was less than 2 minutes, and the agent saw the miles in my account immediately.

Pretty impressive.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:58 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Kudos to Virgin for facilitating this

Now if Air France could just follow suit
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:18 am

Point transfer time thread

I searched the forum but didn't find anything. I think it would be useful to keep a running track on how long it takes to transfer points from MR to different airline partners. This is important because each airline is quoted to have different time lines and some will NOT allow booking or holding a reservation until points are in the account.

Virgin Atlantic seems to be the best so far.
Transfer Time Advertised = 24-48 Hours
Actual Transfer Time = Instant
Allows pre booking = YES

Singapore KRISFLYER
Transfer Time Advertised = 5 Days
Actual Transfer Time = TBD
Allows pre booking = NO

All Nippon Airways ANA Milage Club
Transfer Time Advertised = 5-7 Days
Actual Transfer Time = TBD
Allows pre booking = NO

If you don't think this is useful or too hard to track then no problem. I will update Krisflyer and ANA when the miles post.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
CO: instant, and you can pull from the CO site to "pay" for award tickets & upgrades.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum
ANA took 48 hours. No pre-booking or reservation option though which is pretty bad...
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:18 pm

You might want to combine your data with the info posted to this fairly recent thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697384
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:02 pm

MR to AF Transfer Time?

Anyone with experience converting MR points to AF? How long does it take?

Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
Transfer time Amex MR to AF

I transferred to KLM (More or less the same as AF these days?) twice last year. Took less than a week both times
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:46 pm

Thanks.

Will they hold a reservation even if you dont have enough miles for the ticket yet?

Last edited by jgoodm; Feb 24, 2008 at 1:55 pm
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:36 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I don't know why but AF is the "pissiest" about transferring MRs

While it's instantaneous at other airlines (Delta Virgin Hawaiian etc) it takes days (up to a week) at AF

They even have a little message about Amex when you sit on hold with them-
warning that you can't check availability unless you've enrolled in FB.

They will not hold a rsvn until you actually have the miles in your account which makes the whole dance rather complicated.

I like their flights though- so I try to keep extra miles banked. For me, it's worth the hassle.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 7:08 pm

Thanks for the info.

Additional question, I know that you can not book a "standard" award (at least not an F award) unless you are a FB elite member. Can you confirm for me though that it is possible to book a "saver" award with FB for an AF F ticket? I don't want to transfer the miles from Amex unless I know I can use them for an F award. (I am transferring enough for 2 people so its a ton of points to be stuck with if I can't do it.)

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:02 am

Since you are DL Gold, you might also want to check with DL to see if they can get you a partner award on your chosen AF flight. DL transfers from MR are usually instantaneous online (YMMV) to DL. Plus, I believe DL would hold an award for you for at least 48 hours (do ask first!) to give you time to transfer points.

Susan
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Be careful on the hold with DL or CO, both of which can redeem for AF flights (but not in F). Even if they say they can hold the seats for you there have been numerous reports of folks being told that the seats are held because the carriers can do it in their own program only to find that the seats have disappeared when they go to ticket them. That shouldn't be an issue since the transfers to those programs can happen immediately, but worth noting. The other caveat is the no F redemption issue, as the OP wants an F reward seat.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 8:52 pm

Yes, I think AF is the only sky team to Europe that has F so they only allow F redemptions from AF miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.