Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Here are the current (April 2013) transfer times as listed on the Membership Rewards website:

Immediate (but please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer to be completed.)
Air Canada
Alitalia
Asia Miles (Apr 2019, Feb 2021 and Aug 2022, previously annotated as "3-7 days but allow 90 days". Discussion of issues HERE)
Avianca
British Airways
Delta
EL AL
Emirates
Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Frontier
Hawaiian
JetBlue

Choice
Hilton
Marriott (Starwood)

1-2 Days
Virgin Atlantic

2-4 Business Days
All Nippon

3 Business Days
Singapore

4 to 7 days
Iberia

14 business days
AeroMexico
Print Wikipost

MR USA airline and hotel partner transfer times.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Any recent data points on transfer/availability times from AMEX MR to either Delta Sky Miles or BA Avios? Need to do that for first time pretty soon.

Once I initiate the transfer on AMEX website, how fast are the miles available for usage in booking awards on those respective sites?

I think I read somewhere for BA it is almost immediate--can anybody confirm or deny with recent experience? How about for Delta?
Well, if it's going to be BA, I would transfer before the current 40% bonus expires. I just transferred my points and it went through pretty much immediately.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:34 am

Transferring MR points to AsiaMiles

I transferred 2000 points to my AsiaMiles account to top up for an award redemption. This was last week, and I still don't see the points in my AsiaMiles account. Any one know how long it usually takes?

Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sktnyc
Any one know how long it usually takes?
I have transferred your question into the established thread. American Express says:

3 to 7 days, but allow up to 90 days
...which isn't helpful .

There are reports HERE and HERE.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:58 am

The answer is possibly no, but I see flights on UA to Central America, which require 22k ANA points vs 35k UA miles. I'm afraid to initiate the transfer and then have the flights disappear, are there any tricks to speed up the process? On a similar note, if i book UA flights & then cancel once the ANA points transfer, how likely is it UA will release them back into the award bucket?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by coltonatx
The answer is possibly no, but I see flights on UA to Central America, which require 22k ANA points vs 35k UA miles. I'm afraid to initiate the transfer and then have the flights disappear, are there any tricks to speed up the process? On a similar note, if i book UA flights & then cancel once the ANA points transfer, how likely is it UA will release them back into the award bucket?
There is a trick to hold UA awards using UA points . Get your flight using UA and go thru the booking process till you get to payment . Then choose pay pal and when your pay pal login page shows up just close out the browser .

When u log back into your account UA account you will see a Confirm number and usually a three day deadline to book it

Then hopefully UA will let you change the award to ANA if you get a helpful agent or ANA can make make the switch.

In any event you will have the res on hold and if there is more than one flight you can hold both , release one and see if it comes back into inventory and book it

Or , You could make two separate res that way and CXL one and see if it comes back into inventory .
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Advantage, BA Executive Club
Transfer to Singapore Airlines

I attempted to transfer points from my Amex MR to Singapore Airlines yesterday but my MR account still shows my previous mileage balance and has not taken the points. Does that mean that it did not go through or does it take a few days for AMEX to take the points.
This was my first time transferring points so I am not sure exactly how it works with the airlines that don't credit points "instantly"
Thanks for any imput!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mympyl
I attempted to transfer points from my Amex MR to Singapore Airlines yesterday
Did you already have an SQ account, and did you "link" that account to Membership Rewards prior to attempting the transfer?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Advantage, BA Executive Club
Yes I linked the account.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Experience with MR to VX today

Just had to make a small transfer from MR to Virgin America to top up for an award.

Linking the accounts was immediate.

The actual transfer took about 2 minutes to show in my activity history from the VX side. However, I had to completely log out of my VX account and back in before the overall balance changed.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:20 pm

Amex transfer to Aeromexico

Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer Amex to Aeromexico?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sktnyc
This was last week, and I still don't see the points in my AsiaMiles account.
Originally Posted by mia

...which isn't helpful .
90 days... what the heck?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Data point on transfer time to SQ airlines

Amex USA MR transfer to SQ took about 12 hours when I transferred yesterday. Pleasantly surprised.^
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:04 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rambo
Amex USA MR transfer to SQ took about 12 hours when I transferred yesterday. Pleasantly surprised.^
I came here to post a similarly pleasing data point: transfer initiated Tuesday afternoon CDT, miles available when I logged in to SQ at 6:30 on Wednesday morning.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:15 am

In early May, I transferred some MR points to jetBlue. I logged out of the jetBlue site, logged back in, and the transfer was complete. This all happened in a minute or two.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:32 am

I transferred MR points to AsiaMiles yesterday and I saw the miles in my AM account today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.