Wiki Posts
Search

Itemized statement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Itemized statement

guys

on the american express corporate card, does your employer typically have access to itemized statements of what you are charging? For eg: if you go to a restaurant, the receipt would show 2 drinks and 2 entrees. But would this info be visible to your employer as well through any kind of statement?

thanks
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Generally no. That information is not transmitted to AmEx. For restaurants the breakdown might show base (food+beverage), tip and total. For airlines it can show fare, fees/taxes and total, plus the ticket number, carriers and route. But not the exact details.

That being said, just because your employer might not have access to the details doesn't mean it is a good idea to cheat your per diem.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN | UA
Experienced same thing. Restaurants I've seen (Food amount and then my tip amount).

However, I've seen some of the items that I purchase on my statement from companies like FedEx Kinkos and Office Depot however it is quite rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.