Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas 2010 promo 2nd night free [Merged]

Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:55 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Not as good as two free nights at the Wynn or Encore, but not bad either:
Originally Posted by Platinum Experience Newsletter
Stay Longer with a Complimentary Night in Las Vegas

Retreat to the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, a tranquil oasis in the heart of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. Take a dip in the outdoor pool or lounge on the sprawling sundeck. Book with Platinum Travel Service by February 28, 2010, to receive your FINE HOTELS & RESORTS benefits including a complimentary second night and a $100 spa services credit. Promo Code E1320531.
The $100 spa services credit is the fourth FHR amenity (not an additional amenity of the offer).

I booked Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend (Saturday - Monday) for $475 for the Saturday night then the Sunday night charge ($375/night) will be credited back to me.

Last edited by mia; Jan 12, 2010 at 9:08 am Reason: Update title after combining overlapping threads
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Beckles
Not as good as two free nights at the Wynn or Encore, but not bad either:
The $100 spa services credit is the fourth FHR amenity (not an additional amenity of the offer).

I booked Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend (Saturday - Monday) for $475 for the Saturday night then the Sunday night charge ($375/night) will be credited back to me.
It's a new hotel, under the MGM family. There are 4 new hotels they are in the process of opening.

And I found it interesting that this new offer is being sent to Platinum members in their newsletter, but doesn't appear in the Centurion newsletter. Maybe because it is assumed to be a benefit of Centurion anyway (in line with the "any MO 2nd night free except for NY and London" that is an annual benefit of Cent membership?)

Interesting to wonder whether a Cent can now use the benefit at the LAS MO three times between now and Feb 28th:
1. between now and the end of Feb 2010 (as per the PTS promotion)
2. between now and the end of 2009 (as per the CTS annual benefit)
3. anytime in 2010 (as per the CTS annual benefit)

Then again - it may be unlimited, since in the Platinum Experience fine print I cannot see where it stipulates that the free night can only be used once...
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S.Bling
Then again - it may be unlimited, since in the Platinum Experience fine print I cannot see where it stipulates that the free night can only be used once...
I don't see any reason to believe it's limited to one use.

Also, the language says it needs to be booked by February 28, 2010, you may be able to make a reservation to use it beyond that even.

Note that this hotel is not listed on the FHR website yet either.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Has anyone checked the rates yet? Saw this offer yesterday in the Platinum newsletter, and am very intrigued by it. Never been to a MO before, and even though the other properties at CityCenter look far more intriguing to me, this could make for a great offer.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:51 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
I have a question. Is the FHR country limited or is it for all countries? In other words, does a non-US platinum card get the same FHR hotels offers as the US-Platinum card holders?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2nd nt free is hotel offer We Fan Vegas available to anyone.

whats nice is FHR benefits are applicable to the promo. wonder if theyre applicable to Luxury Festive and Winter Breaks promo as well.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by zaf
In other words, does a non-US platinum card get the same FHR hotels offers as the US-Platinum card holders?
Yes, as far as I am aware.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
I don't see any reason to believe it's limited to one use.

Also, the language says it needs to be booked by February 28, 2010, you may be able to make a reservation to use it beyond that even.

Note that this hotel is not listed on the FHR website yet either.
Travel must be completed by 2/28/2009:

"4. To receive FINE HOTELS & RESORTS Program (FHR) amenities and rates valid for travel 1/01/10–12/31/10, book FHR-negotiated rates and room categories through Platinum Travel Service. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the U.S. Platinum Card member’s name. Room upgrade based on availability. Offer may not be combined with Platinum Destinations® Vacations. Limit one amenity per room, per stay. Amenity varies by hotel, is subject to change, and cannot be redeemed for cash; other restrictions may apply. Platinum Card members may book up to three (3) rooms inclusive of FHR rates and amenities and must accompany the party as a guest for which FHR reservations are made. In the event the Platinum Card member cancels the reservation(s), FHR rates and amenities will no longer apply to any remaining reservation(s). Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single FHR property are considered one stay. Platinum Travel Service Booking Bonus: Offers valid for bookings made through Platinum Travel Service by 2/28/10 and for travel through 2/28/10. Offers are per room, based on double occupancy, subject to availability, non-transferable, and require a minimum two-night stay. Certain restrictions apply. Complimentary hotel night is not redeemable for cash or credit."
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:46 pm
zaf

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Yes, as far as I am aware.
I really don't mean to hijack this thread but one more question if you do not mind, does the platinum supplementary card holder (also a plat not gold or grean) get to use FHR?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zaf
I really don't mean to hijack this thread but one more question if you do not mind, does the platinum supplementary card holder (also a plat not gold or grean) get to use FHR?
As a general rule, yes.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by zaf
I have 3 supplemental card holders on my account and all of them are able to book FHR rates via PTS.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:27 pm
zaf

Thank you..
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
2nd nt free is hotel offer We Fan Vegas available to anyone.

whats nice is FHR benefits are applicable to the promo. wonder if theyre applicable to Luxury Festive and Winter Breaks promo as well.
To receive FHR benefits one must typically book an FHR rate, in other words, the "We Fan Vegas" rate would not be eligible for FHR benefits, same with the "Luxury Festive" and "Winter Breaks" rates. I have never stayed at a M-O myself, but I'd be surprised if they are different in that regard.
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Travel must be completed by 2/28/2009:
Thank you for reading more closely than me. (Note I know you meant 2/28/2010 and not 2/28/2009)
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Just looked at the spa prices - $100 ain't gonna get you too far there.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Just looked at the spa prices - $100 ain't gonna get you too far there.
Standard at MO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.