Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any bonuses to add a cardholder for AMEX?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any bonuses to add a cardholder for AMEX?

recall when this use to yield MR bonuses? well I actually need to add a cardholder so is there any AMEX bonuses out there now?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:37 am

I just received an offer in the mail this week to add an additional card member to my Platinum card. Of course it costs $175 so I didn't think it was worth the MR points--I think it was for 10,000 points, but I don't have it around. I've received similar offers before.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
use to be lots of these for 2k MR pts with fee waved first year, but havent seen anything lately...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
...any AMEX bonuses out there now?
It would be helpful to know which card you have.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
It would be helpful to know which card you have.
green personal
silver optima
open cash back biz

thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Haven't seen one in the last few months but occasionally get them for 2K or 2.5K to add up to 3 more cards. Already have 2. Cards 3-5 appear to be at no additional cost.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: Biz Plat, Biz Cent etc
Just got this from Amex this morning:

Show your friends what Blue from American Express can do for them, and for each friend approved, you can earn 2,500 Membership Rewards® points1.

Your friends can receive a special offer:

• 2,500 Membership Rewards points after their first purchase
on the Card2
• No annual fee for Cardmembership
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:15 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Related question

Has anyone ever seen a bonus for adding another card to the SPG AmEx (personal)? I just received mine in the mail after approval last week. I'm holding out on getting my wife's card until I hear from the group here.

On a side note, I was approved for a rediculously low limit ($2,000!!) while my other AmEx cards are both over $20k each. Anyone had luck moving credit between cards lately? At this low limit, it is impossible to reach the $15k spending in 6 months bonus points!

CLG
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by CLG
Has anyone ever seen a bonus for adding another card to the SPG AmEx (personal)? I just received mine in the mail after approval last week. I'm holding out on getting my wife's card until I hear from the group here.

On a side note, I was approved for a rediculously low limit ($2,000!!) while my other AmEx cards are both over $20k each. Anyone had luck moving credit between cards lately? At this low limit, it is impossible to reach the $15k spending in 6 months bonus points!

CLG
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...y=addstarwoods

FYI: This is a good thread for all the info regarding SPG Amex card: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:30 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Great - thanks for the links!

CLG
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:17 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Hi everyone,

It’s Beth from American Express.

If you would like me to check your account to see if there are any current promotional offers to add Additional Cardholders to your account, please forward an email to me via the American Express Secure Message Center and I will be happy to review your account.

To log into our Secure Message Center, please visit:

www.americanexpress.com/messagecenter

If you are not registered to access your account online, simply click on the “continue” box located on the right to create a User ID and password.

After logging in, simply click on the box “Compose A Message” and select “General Inquiries” for “Choose a Topic.” If you address your email to me – Beth/flyertalk – I will personally receive your email and respond directly to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:38 pm

Thanks Beth, you'll be hearing from me shortly!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 8:20 am
CLG

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care
It’s Beth from American Express.

If you would like me to check your account to see if there are any current promotional offers to add Additional Cardholders to your account, please forward an email to me via the American Express Secure Message Center and I will be happy to review your account.
Hi Beth,

I didn't see your reply until after I had used the "add cardholder & get 1,000 SPG points" link from TAHKUCT above <https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...y=addstarwoods>

However, I have yet to see these 1,000 points post to my account. The introductory 10,000 have posted now, after my first month's statement closed, though. Is there usually a delay with these points posting, or is something wrong?

I'm still working on the $15k for 15K part of the promo, too, so hopefully that will all go smoothly...

CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.