Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AmEx Plat credits after canceling (Saks, Airline Incidental)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

I canceled my AmEx Platinum about 25 days after annual renewal fee (AF) posted to my card in September. Thought about it for a while but the retention offer wasn't significant enough, and spouse already has the same card.

Three charges hit my card in that window after the AF posted, but before I canceled the card:
1) lounge guest access fee (for travel booked before AF posted), credit posted immediately
2) Seat selection -- airline incidental credit didn't post automatically
3) Saks (for 2nd half of 2022, which i hadn't used yet) -- Saks credit hasn't posted
The AF was refunded in full and the card is canceled. Since I no longer have access, should I expect or ask for the credits for 2 & 3?

If not, I may return the purchase from Saks...

​​​​​
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:35 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
No, you shouldn’t expect to receive those credits or attempt to follow up on them if they are for charges that posted after your AF posted.

Actually, the AF often posts after your anniversary date, so I would think anything that posted after your anniversary date would not be credited
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by dw
No, you shouldn’t expect to receive those credits or attempt to follow up on them if they are for charges that posted after your AF posted.

Actually, the AF often posts after your anniversary date, so I would think anything that posted after your anniversary date would not be credited
I believe this is not correct.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
FWIW, P1 and P2 have long cancelled Gold and Platinum cards that we left in our Uber account and continued receiving the wallet credits to the tune of $50/mo or $90 in December. They have fixed it and we have not received any new money for March. End of an era for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.